Jax Training Journal

• Jax
  • Jax's Avatar Topic Author
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal
  • Thank you received: 1777

Jax replied the topic: Re:Jax Training Journal

A year has past since I was laid off and thrown into the self-employed world. Wow! In that time I have created ways to make this work that I hadn’t anticipated. I don’t know how I’ll do it going forward either. But one of the things I’m working on is not knowing the how until it happens. Instead I’m working to be the energy of creation. Creating in all aspects of my life, not from how this reality defines it but in the way that I do it. What’s fun is I get better at it all the time. I can feel that magic and ease. And then it shifts and I can’t. Lol

Thankfully I’m in multiple classes/calls/groups where I can keep getting different perspectives on this and keep growing. I feel so close to a breakthrough in this area!

Our most exciting area of creation right now started about two weeks ago. My wife is a writer. She resists that label but she is. She’s incredibly insightful about people so she creates characters and dialog that is spot on. Well, something shifted in her and this story demanded to be written. Interestingly enough, it started right after I was working on things in a call to not buy her stories anymore (that’s a complicated thing to describe right now, so if you want to know what that means just ask). She’s now made huge breakthrough’s in a story she’s been trying to write for ages. She bounces ideas off me, I give her different perspectives, and she runs with them. She’s literally listening to these two characters in her head all the time. While it’s a novel and fiction, she’s telling the story of these two women who are alive on some level in her mind, and it’s so exciting.

Right now it’s still getting to know them and how their story plays out. Big plot points for instance, and how they get together in spite of their issues. But it’s awesome. I’m so excited to read the story of two adult lesbians who aren’t questioning their sexuality or pining after straight women. Just normal people figuring out their lives! I can totally see this as a movie as well, since there’s so much need for lesbian movies that aren’t coming out stories or one of them is straight-ish.

I have no clue how long this process will take, but it’s going to be a lot of fun to get done and published. I love utilizing my superpower of knowing the next step to keep my wife out of the weeds and in productive writing mode. I hope to work with more creative types in the future as a coach. To help something come into the world is so fun! And I’m not nearly talented enough to write fiction, or songs, or create art myself! At least not at this point in my life.

Side note, I taught Melody to say “mommy’s a badass” thanks to this new direction. It’s so cute!

So that’s where we are at. I’m working to destroy whatever is limiting my creation of business revenue. Shifting the focus to creating in general and seeing where it leads.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Johannes (Yoshio), Nick

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Jax
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal

This month I have gone to two qigong classes. They have been wonderful (side note, wonderful is a favorite word of Melody's which is adorable). Back on track... Qigong is something I've learned mostly from books, some videos, and one very short class. I always enjoy it but never had an awesome teacher. Until now. It's a new lineage. Details on that can be found at the master's website: www.mogadaoinstitute.com/ I really want to go to Santa Fe, only 5 hours from me, and take a class sometime. But my teacher, Candace, is excellent. She gives us these little nuggets throughout the class. The psycho social and emotional aspects as well as the energetic. And there's this strong connection to, well, connection. To the lineage, and to whoever we connect to.

Throughout the class I randomly feel tears well up, which shows the energy moving in a different way. The end of the class is the most powerful for me. We do a martial bow to the outside of the circle, to those who came before us. It hits me intensely, to the point where my eyes tear up and I could just cry if I allowed it. I'm not making it wrong, just find it interesting. I have felt that before, when meeting my guide in meditation for the first times. So tonight I asked the guides who else was there besides my guide, and they said lots of people. Apparently I am pulling in a lot of people with that qigong class. Past life connections, including soldiers I served with, current life connections...hence the intensity. I honestly can't tell you why I do it, as it's not a cognitive process. Perhaps I need that reminder that there are so many beings ready and willing to contribute to me if I just let them. A reminder that people have my back. Life is so challenging right now financially that I need that more than ever.

Even tonight as I sat at the computer I can tap into this feeling of timeless connection. It's so hard to describe, but it's very tangible. I'm so grateful for this experience. I gladly drive 40 minutes and pay my $10 donation for this. It's beneficial on so many levels. I've never been one for tai chi, and haven't found the right yoga for me either. But qigong really works for me.

I found this class on meetup.com. I highly recommend everyone check out meetup and consider trying out some qigong. Maybe you'll luckout and find a great teacher who lives the deeper practices like mine, who radiates wisdom and understanding. A monk in civilian clothing. I really hope to have her teach our Jedi at the Praxeum someday. Or even before then. I envision having her create month long practices that we practice daily. Then each month she changes it up based on the seasons. It gives us time to really learn it and practice while getting the power of qigong, which is how it flows with nature. Or maybe I just want that for me. ;-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake, Johannes (Yoshio)

• Jax
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal

In the last month, things have changed so much.
1. Started working for Dyson on the weekends. Good sales training, decent enough money, and eventually discounts on product.
2. Had an incident while driving uber (another driver took out my door while I was opening it. A product of working in darkness.) It took me off the road the rest of the month. My car is in the shop now and I'm still working out how to pay for everything.
3. This was supposed to be the first month I paid all the bills easily and built up for next month. Instead this happened, and I've been fighting illness a lot. So more sleep. Still going to qigong, which I love. Practiced a little at home even, but not enough. My back/hip is really messing with me from standing all weekend. Even taped it's pretty painful. I'm not exactly sure how to resolve this yet. More stretching should help, so still working on that 'do the right thing' thing.
4. My wife has been sick or hurt the last month as well. It's been a long month.
5. Got a new solar client, so that will help a lot. Hoping she can pay me within the next few days but it might take a while for all the payments to clear. That will pay for the mortgage at least, and a bit more. :-) Have a few more leads as well. Might just be able to string a few together!
6. Grateful for my parents, my mom especially, who has bailed us out multiple times in the past month. She's also getting Melody most of her Christmas presents so she has things to open. At almost 3 she won't really care, but it will be fun. And they sent a ton of old animal toys from my nephews so we have a huge bag of 'presents' for her when she could use one.
7. I resigned from Jedi Federation. I don't have the time to properly lead here, much less anywhere else. I'm doing what I can to improve that. Resigning was part of that process. There are other reasons why I resigned, but that's for private discussion if really needed. Otherwise I wish them the best.
8. Colorado is still awesome. The weather has been quite nice. We finally had a good fall and we haven't had crazy cold or snowy weather. I'm enjoying it, though I'm not going outside enough. Add it to the list?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake, Johannes (Yoshio)

Time to create page: 0.172 seconds