Jax Training Journal

• Jax
  • Jax's Avatar Topic Author
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal
  • Thank you received: 1890

Jax replied the topic: Re: Jax Training Journal

Woohoo, two posts in 1 day!  My muscles are tired and it shows.  I did 30 situps/crunches (Marine Corps standard means arms crossed over chest, and they touch the legs when coming up so it's farther than a crunch but not as far as an old school situp).  These 30 weren't easy, but I pushed through so hopefully I'll be adding a few reps later this week.  I did only 10 pushups because they were also more difficult than expected.  Since my legs are sore I'm not attempting any squats or lunges.  I'm trying to find balance so I'm not distracted by soreness at my interview Thursday.  I'll consider myself pleased when I can do 50 crunches and 20 pushups.  Marine Corps requirement was 50 in 2 mins, with a max score given for doing 100 in 2 minutes.  We didn't test pushups, so maybe I'll look at the Army or Air Force requirements (*cringe*) lol  I know I did 50 or so during a challenge in boot camp, but that was never duplicated by me.  All of this will be easier if I can re-commit to lowering my carb intake and drop weight again.  I need to do it, just haven't been planning meals enough.  So that's a goal for this weak - minimize bad carbs, maximize lean protein and veggies.  And get some sleep, which is what I'm going to do shortly. 

And no, this isn't like a new years/birthday resolution, it just happens to coincide with my birthday. :-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Jax
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal

Just a note that I'm very busy preparing for my interview and keeping up with my family.  My grandpa (dad's dad) had a really bad heart attack yesterday early early morning.  He's in ICU, on multiple machines to keep him alive while they stabilize him and figure out how to get him healthy again.  His condition is further complicated by a genetic heart condition called IHSS.  With all of this going on I can't really split my focus much more.  I'm not ignoring anyone, but if I can't get to things right away know that I'll be caught up again at the end of the week.  I'll try to do some exercises and stuff, but if I don't, you know why as well. 

• David (Phoenix)
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Shadows
  • Thank you received: 455

David (Phoenix) replied the topic: Re: Jax Training Journal

I wish him a speedy, healthy, and safe recovery...and I wish you some time for yourself! =]

• Jax
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal

Situps: 30, 25
Pushups: 10, 10

• Jax
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal

After the dream I had about the space station crashing with me in it, I've continued to feel this sense of pending doom so to speak.  It doesn't feel necessarily like my life is pending doom, it seems bigger.  I think I'm just really freaked that I crashed into scary water in a dream while the space station keeps having false fire alarms.  Actually, I think that's what's really bothering me, these false alarms.  That's when I feel the feelings intensify.  I really don't like this feeling and I'm hoping this is entirely paranoia.  How do people cope with these feelings when it's real intuition?  It pretty much sucks!  I've been able to distract myself so it pops into my head less each day, but it's still there.  Thankfully no more dreams.

On a completely unrelated note, I'm feeling like my body is getting stronger from the simple situp/pushup exercises.  Carrying the cat litter and groceries up the stairs tonight felt less difficult, which is a good feeling.  

On an even more random note, I just looked up and there's a lizard on my living room wall.  lol  Life in Texas can be unexpected sometimes.  I hope it finds its way out, otherwise it'll be a cat toy.  Then we'll have cat drama between my cat who will kill it and my wife's cat who will cry because something will have been killed.  Nothing like a 'vegan' cat...

Exercises:
Situps: 25, 30
Pushups: 10, 15

I don't think I'll be doing pushups tomorrow.  My shoulders are hurting, so I will need to rest them.

• Jax
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal

I received a job offer today.  The pay is for almost exactly what I started at with my current job.  That means a pay cut now, but promotions come fairly often so I'll be caught up and beyond before long.  The start date wouldn't be until February 22, which means I need to talk to my sympathetic manager and see what she thinks I can do about the current job.  I don't want to waste resources and time when everyone is already busy, but I don't want to be fired early because I gave too much notice.  So we'll see how that all goes.  I know there are some things I can do to stay busy and help people out, but I'm not sure there's enough.  I hope she has some good ideas.  She knows I interviewed, even helped me prepare, so this is't a surprise, just the timing. 

By my estimates that means I'll be heading to Abu Dhabi for training in mid March.  I'll be there for 6 weeks which should be really interesting!  I'll share more info as I have it.

• David (Phoenix)
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Shadows
  • Thank you received: 455

David (Phoenix) replied the topic: Re: Jax Training Journal

AHAHAHAHAHA SEE I TOLD YOU! That was NOT an error, you did mean "over seas" ;-)

Congrats Jax!

<3 Be safe <3

Phoenix

• Jax
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal

lol maybe or maybe I was watching NCIS and was in a military mindset. ;-) haha

• Thank you received: 37

inari replied the topic: Re: Jax Training Journal

Be sure to get started on  your passport asap.

• Jax
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal

Mine is still valid through Sept 2012 so I'm fine thankfully.  Passports are quite expensive now, almost $200.  and it's slow as heck to get.

Time to create page: 0.116 seconds