Kai-An's Journal

• Thank you received: 1848

Jax replied the topic: Kai-An's Journal

It only works that way when the person teaching is trusted by us. ;-) So someone who is familiar enough with the path and with us can use the material for their chapter members who aren't into online training.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kai-An Tatok

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Kol Drake
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com
  • Thank you received: 1892

Kol Drake replied the topic: Kai-An's Journal

*ahem* There IS method to my madness. *wink nudge* :ponder
The following user(s) said Thank You: Connor, Jax

• Kai-An Tatok
  • Kai-An Tatok's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 137

Kai-An Tatok replied the topic: Kai-An's Journal

Long break, I apologize; there have been a lot of balls in the air since I got back from my (fabulous) honeymoon. California Jedi, the Spartan Race fundraiser, more work responsibilities, and loads of fun things to do alongside my regular training.

So my attendence here may be spotty, but I'm not going anywhere. You can't get rid of me that easily. :P

My apprentice's training is going very well as well; he's a great guy and I think the Jedi path is a great fit for him.

Off to work on an assignment!
-Katie

"Close your eyes. Feel it. The light, it's always been there. It will guide you." -Maz Kanata
The following user(s) said Thank You: David (Phoenix), Kol Drake, Atticus, Jax

• Kai-An Tatok
  • Kai-An Tatok's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 137

Kai-An Tatok replied the topic: Kai-An's Journal

Still spotty on my ability to work on the assignments here unfortunately; we are severely understaffed at work, and my usual training and offline Jedi responsibilities (organizing a gathering!) have sucked up all my time. So for now this might just be a regular training journal.

I've been having to really reevaluate my training regimen recently, as the months of high-stress work have started to take their toll and clearly my baseline of Jedi calm wasn't doing the trick. I've started using an app to motivate and track my meditation so I know how much I'm doing. It's been a great way to get back to basics, hold myself accountable, and have some emergency calm in my back pocket. Check it out at calm.com if you're interested (also on android and ios)

Pulling together an assignment for my apprentice on self motivation, which is a little contradictory. The Jedi path is hard, and if you don't learn to self-start quickly, it's easy to give up on it or lose momentum. I certainly did that several times before the path stuck consistently in a meaningful way. I'll figure it out.

Much love,
Kai-An

"Close your eyes. Feel it. The light, it's always been there. It will guide you." -Maz Kanata
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake

• David (Phoenix)
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Jedi Healer
  • Thank you received: 452

David (Phoenix) replied the topic: Kai-An's Journal

I've used the Calm app. I enjoy it! Thanks for checking in!!! :) Hopefully work calms down soon and you can get back to a better equilibrium with your Jedi studies.

"...who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat. " ~ Theodore Roosevelt
[/table]

• Thank you received: 1848

Jax replied the topic: Kai-An's Journal

There's nothing wrong with 'just' updating your training journal. It's great! It shows people what you are working on in your life. That's where the Jedi path is lived after all. It's the application to our lives that matters. Courses are great, but without application they do very little.

• Connor
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Look for the bare necessities
  • Thank you received: 529

Connor replied the topic: Kai-An's Journal

Remember that Murphy likes to show up just when you get comfortable. The Force likes to throw hard balls at you. I think, if I am knighted, I will face my hardest challenges yet soon after.

Remember the path!

House Rules: The only rules are Paradox, Humor, and Change.

Time to create page: 0.173 seconds