Jedi Phoenix's Training Journal

• David (Phoenix)
  • David (Phoenix)'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Jedi Healer
  • Thank you received: 452

David (Phoenix) replied the topic: Jedi Phoenix's Training Journal

Thanks for the feedback guys. I know passion is something that develops over time, but even with past passions, I had a pull towards them initially.
And, I do have a pull towards healing, its just....different. I recognize that I should choose and follow the healer path, that really wasn't my struggle. My struggle was more why it felt so hollow to pick it. But I realized I'm placing too much emphasis on the opinions of others and not enough on my own innate abilities. I am really good at what I do (when I put my mind to it) and I have a natural talent for healing. And the path that I am pursuing will allow me to help other Jedi find and establish that talent as well.

Las night, I received very verbal compliments from all three of my clients. Normally, I get "that was good" or "I feel great" after a massage session. Sometimes, like the client I posted about, I have "not so great" sessions. That's part of the ebb and flow of being a healer and finding the right clients for you. But I think the Universe or Force wanted to make it clear that I need to keep pursuing this path, so it gifted me three clients that were very verbal about how I am an amazing massage therapist, how I am very intuitive and have a natural healing talent and great energy. Normally, I don't receive such specific gratitude, so it was very humbling to hear this.

So I realize, this will be a different relationship of passion. This won't necessarily be so specific as it was with becoming GM. This one might have bigger ups and downs, as I'm pursuing a path that doesn't exist, I don't really have a model for what I'm trying to achieve here. With my last passion, there was someone in that position, I could see what was being done right and wrong, I had a clear mentor to help me achieve that goal. There aren't necessarily those things present this time around, though maybe they will show up later.

But anyways, yes. I'm going to pursue the Jedi Sage goal, that feels really light. And I'm not going to get bogged down in conclusion of what that really means right now, I'm just going to choose it and create with it and see what happens.

"...who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat. " ~ Theodore Roosevelt
[/table]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Kol Drake
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com
  • Thank you received: 1833

Kol Drake replied the topic: Jedi Phoenix's Training Journal

I am warning of hand waving before even raising my hands -- because I am not certain where this shakey line of thinking will take me.

You know 'passion toward'... a goal, perhaps a companion, an ideal. Perhaps this is the time when your concept of 'depth of passion' might mean / encompass? Not so much, how frenetic you can be when describing it or embracing it but... mmmm

Those three clients you did so well with... you were 'healing' but perhaps, you should get 'passionate' about what you are healing?

This is not coming out right... there is healing and then there is HEALING. A mother's kiss on a booboo and a bandaid can do wonders (and a touch of magic). It is another if your mother kissed the booboo and energetically delved into the tissues and started the body's immune response to accelerate healing so that, by the time the bandaid came into play, the damage was gone. A whole level of healing... beyond 'simple' energy soothing and smoothing.

And this takes it from the basic -- you want fries with that? -- level of client / healer interactions toward a deeper understanding of yourself, your craft and your clients.

WAY past hand wavy to nearly incomprehensible. Words and concepts are failing me at the moment.

• David (Phoenix)
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Jedi Healer

Actually, that is what I am developing now.

For instance, when I find a knot in the body, most therapists would push on or around it until it releases. This can often be painful, uncomfortable and generally KNOT (ha) fun. I choose to sit with it, energetically, and just be with it. Sometimes I do have to do some releasing techniques, but it is often dulled after I have just sat with the knots on that deeper, energetic layer.

I kind of see (one day) being able to get to a point where I can touch a knot and simply release it, not because of pressure, but because of having that healing presence that basically melts the knot itself. Is that where you were trying to get with what you were saying?

"...who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat. " ~ Theodore Roosevelt
[/table]
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake, Johannes (Yoshio)

• Thank you received: 1433

Johannes (Yoshio) replied the topic: Jedi Phoenix's Training Journal

I'm, obviously, not Kol Drake but I do feel that this is what he was going for and that is why I personally prefer to go to a traditional healer than to a doctor as those, especially mine, do have eye for the whole body and even beyond which makes the whole healing more complete, more suited to the whole body, the whole being and not only for the issue, the cause. For me it is one thing to prescribe a medicine, especially antibiotics, and by doing so "heal" the illness but it is a whole different story to get down to the root cause and heal the whole system so that the illness will have no nursing ground to raise again. This is what, for me, makes the difference between a doctor and a healer. A doctor is correcting, healing the illness. A healer heals the whole being giving it the option to heal it self and stay that way.
I hope that this make any sense to You?

Qui-Gon Jinn: "We cannot control our emotions, but we can decide how we go along with them."
Bujinkan Busshin Dojo - Wordpressblog
NerdFitness Profile
The following user(s) said Thank You: David (Phoenix), Kol Drake

• David (Phoenix)
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Jedi Healer

The Gathering of 2016 was crazy, fun, intense, rewarding, exhausting and well worth it. This was probably one of the most tumultuous gatherings I've ever been too. Not only was this the first gathering where I ran a workshop, but it was also the Gathering where I was being reviewed for potential Knighthood.

First....I did get Knighted :) :yoda I'm very humbled and grateful for the opportunity. I learned a lot about myself over this past year.

The workshop that I ran on Facing your Dark Side I feel went very well, and was an excellent test run for the course I've been putting together for the IJRS. We ended the workshop with doing energy pulls and running the implant band from the Bars processes. Almost everyone enjoyed the discussion on the dark side and really enjoyed feeling the energy during the last section. I received a lot of positive feedback.

Finally, a bigger announcement for the community at large. As part of my journey I've been contemplating how I want to integrate my Jedi Healer path with what contribution I want to be to the world. I decided that I want to advance my medical training and knowledge and thus have decided that I will be pursing a doctorate degree in Chiropractic Medicine. If all goes well, I will be starting courses in October and moving to Iowa late September. While I have a lot of mixed feelings regarding this move, I know this is the right choice for my path, and that this will help propel our goals in both the Praxeum and Jedi Federation.

So, lots of changes happening, but I am definitely enjoying the ride. Can't wait to see what the next 3 1/2 years hold!

[/table]
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake, Johannes (Yoshio), Kai Sabu

Time to create page: 0.091 seconds