Jedi Phoenix's Training Journal

• David (Phoenix)
  • David (Phoenix)'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Shadows
  • Thank you received: 455

David (Phoenix) replied the topic: Re: Jedi Phoenix's Training Journal

Its funny how dedicated I was to doing that spiritual retreat.  I wanted to do it for nearly a month, yet I only lasted one week! I should get props for that!  ;D

Anyways, last night and today I have been working with mudras.  These are yoga for hands.  By doing certain gestures with your hands they open up different energy streams in your body, thus producing certain results.  I initially looked in to this because I am try to find a revitalizing technique.  I can't remember who, but someone brought up reading about this Jedi Flow technique; well in I, Jedi there is a Jedi revitalizing technique mentioned but as far as I can recall never discussed.  It was used so that the exhaustion of th training wouldn't wear out the Jedi so that they could continue their training, how nice would that be?

Well I noticed that mudras are one, simple way of doing that, with little to no negative side effects.  Its reprograming our body to a more initial state of energy. 

After doing it in 24 hours, I wouldn't say I feel revitalized, but I definitely am noticing a little more energy, but we'll see. 

Edit: I am doing the Pran Mudra which revitalizes.  This link shows several others, and its kinda neat to look at! vasai.wordpress.com/2008/05/29/if-you-practice-these-mudras-regularly-you-can-see-the-wonderful-health-benefits/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0

Benjamin replied the topic: Re: Jedi Phoenix's Training Journal

There are these types of hand signatures in Ninjutsu. They are used to heighten the awareness of the practitioner, aiding in danger perception etc.

I did a quick search this seemed to be not a bad link.

mobilemouse.co.nz/ninjutsu/kujiin.html

This is something I have spent some time thinking about applying, so I would be interested in how you find this practice.

Regards

B

:rebel

"Knowing is not enough we must apply, Willing is not enough we must do" Bruce Lee

• David (Phoenix)
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Shadows

That's intresting Ben! I never knew the Ninja really had hand signs, I thought that was all fiction.  But I will look into this because it may aide in a book I'm working through.  ever heard of the "Spiritual Practices of the Ninja"? Its pretty interesting, and since you seem very interested in this topic, I would value your opinion!!!

:meditate

Here is a link to this book if you haven't hear of it www.amazon.com/Spiritual-Practices-Ninja-Mastering-Freedom/dp/1594771073/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1239454937&sr=8-1

• Thank you received: 0

Benjamin replied the topic: Re: Jedi Phoenix's Training Journal

I have not heard of that particular book, will see if I can grab a copy.

I have only read books by Stephen K Hayes and Masaki Hatsumi.

Masaki Hatsumi
www.bujinkan.com/

Essence of Ninjutsu
Ninjutsu History & Traditions
(this briefly covered the hand signatures)

Stephen K Hayes
www.skhquest.com/

The Ninja & Their Secret Fighting Art

Apart from that I have traded training tips with a practitioner of Ninjutsu for a number of years. We have created a great synergy of styles mainly Whin Chun Trapping mixed with Systema pistol & knife disarms coupled with his Ninjutsu knowledge.

FYI Systema is a Russian Special Forces Art.
www.russianmartialart.com/

I like it for its real life training ideas. I unfortunately do not have time anymore to pursue formal lessons as I work each evening. So trading training is my next best bet.

I do believe Masaki Hatsumi has a new book out that gose into the hand movements in more detail. I will pursue it when I get back from Sydney next week.

:rebel

"Knowing is not enough we must apply, Willing is not enough we must do" Bruce Lee

• David (Phoenix)
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Shadows

Thanks for sharing those links Benjamin! I will definitely be looking in to those.

As for my own training: I've discovered that I am learning to connect more with the energies of the Force.  I really expected this big explosion to happen when I feel it, but often times its subtle.  Sometimes I'll feel instantly happier for no apparent reason, or I'll feel this knot in my chest like a kid at Christmas.  I know that these are what people have normally described when feeling the Force, but this is nice because I'm not spending 20 minutes of meditation to get there.  Often I'm driving or out for a walk, or in the day to day activies, and by reaching out the Force has manifested it self in some way.

That being said I have also noticed at night now I get these huge energy highs (feels like a sugar high)and I was told grounding is best, so I will work on that as soon as I'm done with this.

It's just interesting for me.  I guess I was expecting to feel the force like a river, constantly flowing through me, but that's not the case, I mean that can happen and sometimes does, but I have to remember the Force is in everything and if I didn't I'd miss it in the joys of the rain, or a beautiful sunset, or taking a walk in nature.  ITs that open and disciplined mind for me that is allowing me to take this new view, and while its contradictory to what I thought it would be, that little voice is guiding me telling me I'm on the right track!

• Thank you received: 1890

Jax replied the topic: Re: Jedi Phoenix's Training Journal

One thing to remember is that anything that is constant we become desensitized to.  It is flowing, but it's normal, so you only notice it when it changes in some way.  Make sense? 

• David (Phoenix)
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Shadows

Yes and I'm assuming that's why I feel it in a different way when I focus on it, because I'm wanting to sense it so it switches to a way I'm not use to, thus I feel it, right?

Hard to know honestly.  Could be many things.  Don't stress over it.  :-)

• David (Phoenix)
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Shadows

Well I went a differnt route with it after some contemplation and meditation.  I feel like even the Jedi didn't feel the Force 24/7/365...the just had the confidence it was there because when they DID reach out they felt it.  Much like what is shared in the fiction books.  I also propose that theory because for me at least, I would be sick and dizzy by the end of the day.  Much of the times when I reach out I feel the force heavy in my chest OR I feel my senses distorted or heightened and that can be taxing on the body for extended periods of time, especially while trying to fuction.

So much like my Spiritual training, the Force is there, guiding us, loving us, and being their for us; and when we need its assistance, when we quiet our mind its there. 

*reads over what I wrote* Ok maybe that sounds all very no-duh and obvious, but for me its finally puts it in perspective and a higher light, but I have the confidence of the Force within me! Lol *Shrugs*

Anyways also to increase my training I have been going through a lot of my blockages and "negative" behaviors and boy that can be draining!!! Hopefully once school is done in less than a month I can put some of that energy and focus in to my training and really take off, I'm excited!!!

:meditate

Be careful and listen to your body.  If you are feeling drained, you're doing too much.  Working with energy is a lot like physical training.  Doing too much can cause injury.  Trust me, you want to avoid injury.  It hurts in a weird way!  So, use your gut.  :-)

Time to create page: 0.213 seconds