Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Jedi Phoenix's Training Journal

Jedi Phoenix's Training Journal 8 years 8 months ago #6778

• David (Phoenix)
  • Faculty
  • Jedi Healer
  • Thank you received: 448
Hey guys,

I'll most likely use this for more of my training on the spiritual path of being a Jedi, but occasionally i'll try to through in things about other aspects such as exercise(however, still have yet to get back to gym after surgery).

Don't have much to say right now.  I'll add stuff later =]
"...who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat. " ~ Theodore Roosevelt
The administrator has disabled public write access.

My Biggest Debate 8 years 8 months ago #6811

• David (Phoenix)
  • Faculty
  • Jedi Healer
One of the biggest, probably THE biggest roadblock in my training is the concept of God.  For most of my life, I grew up just accepting the dogmatic view set by Christian faiths that God is there and I am here and Jesus came to save us because we are despicable people (in a nut shell). 

When I came to this path, my path, not just the Jedi path, I came to know and accept God as this Energy( I say Chi, or Force) that is not only a part of us, but IS us.  IT IS anything.  God is that great.  So then after discovered this, I understood the true love the Force has for us if it brings this energy into our lives, and allows us, as souls, to experience Who We Really Are. 

However then my debate, and my biggest struggle is the concept of Jesus.  Today I read in an online newsletter from Walsch that Jesus came to Earth to save us from the illusion that we are seperate from God and that his way, his actions, his deeds show us what we are capable of when we truly believe in the Self.  I have come to accept this statement, however if this is true, then what did Jesus mean when he said : "I AM the way.....no one gets to the father EXCEPT through me." ?????  By saying " I AM" that is a creation statement.  So if Jesus was creating, or in the ideas of christianity, instituting a reform..a Church, then why do my thoughts conflict when I have come to believe to just follow his example.

I know this is pretty hard to decipher, I just wanted to vent some of the ideas in my head right now....
"...who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat. " ~ Theodore Roosevelt

Re: Jedi Phoenix's Training Journal 8 years 8 months ago #6819

• Jax
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal
  • Thank you received: 1700
I told you this in instant messenger, but wanted to respond here for those curious as well.  The two things I would consider are:
1.  Who's to say that's exactly what Jesus said?  Beyond the human factor of just listening properly, there is the translation issue.  Chances are, this isn't a direct quote anymore, which is sad.  It would be interesting to hear Jesus' actual words, but it's ok.  :-)
2.  Considering point 1, you need to look at the intent of the overall message of Jesus.  Therefore, my way of understanding the quote is: I am (living) the way, the truth, and the life.  No one comes to the father except through (my example).  Jesus was showing us the way of the master, that which leads to a person living heaven on earth. 

Re: Jedi Phoenix's Training Journal 8 years 8 months ago #6832

• David (Phoenix)
  • Faculty
  • Jedi Healer
Between working full time and college, I haven't had much time for working out.  I went to the gym today, first time since my mouth surgery and just did some cardio.  It was good to be back there =]

Other than that, God has been giving me plenty of life lessons as I begin to learn and grow and understand myself.  One of the biggest things I'm learning right now is how to love and appreciate my Self.  I know that might sound akward, but its true.  I tend to be the social butterfly and after going away to college, its been difficult to meet new people and I'm having to learn that just being by myself I don't have to feel lonely, I don't need to feel insecure. 

In other news, I decided to pick up on some of my spirituality which is lacking, so I bought the Conversations with God book 1.  yea, I had it electronically, I just like holding a book =]  Its very deep, and I have only read about a third into it, but it definitely is what I need where I am at on my path.

I also bought a tai Chi Chaun DVD that is a 2 hour segment of the Yang Long Form.  Apparently it takes 20 minutes to perform this and I think it looks pretty cool, not to mention the benefits for health and such it would give me while going to the gym right now is difficult. 

Re: Jedi Phoenix's Training Journal 8 years 8 months ago #6834

• David (Phoenix)
  • Faculty
  • Jedi Healer
Ok, so I recently partook on what I guess is called a Shaman journey? I honestly don’t know, but I decided after reading that SpiritGuide post, I wanted to know what my animal spirit guide was.  So I followed a set of directions given to be me by a fellow Jedi and this is the adventure that took place:

This was really new and weird for me.  I began by walking outside, and was told to notice a forest.  When I looked at it, I noticed all the trees, and varied life forms: birds, squirrels, parrots.  I then looked down and noticed I was standing knee deep in a lake.  I thought that was interesting. 

I then walked out of the lake and asked my spirit guide to follow me.  As we walked a bat attacked me, or rather swooped down at me and when I jumped my guide told me that these animals I was consciously acknowledging were past animals that had helped me in past trials of my life.  Yet, and I don’t understand this, my guide told me that I was viewing them passively.
Then a cave appeared, and my guide told me, or suggested I should go in but that he could not enter with me. So as I walked in the cave grew extremely dark and my physical legs tingled and fingers felt significant pressure.  Then I saw all kinds of bugs and insects and spiders and snakes.  And I do NOT like any of these kind of animals.  For some reason I screamed for help. To my surprise a deer and a wolf appeared and fended off these animals.  Then they all faded away and out of the mist appeared a huge, brown grizzly bear.  I had read earlier to show respect to spirit guide animals so I bowed and it stood on its hind legs and the force was so immense, it knocked me down. 
He told me telepathically that he was the head spirit animal guide of the section we were in.  He then circled me a couple of times and told me this was a vision to show how I had barred my ability to find animal spirit guides and that I had begun to rely too much on others for help and that’s when I realized that the wolf and deer were two people who help me a lot with my issues. 

Then the bear nudged me in the top part of the back of my neck, and I felt my chakras begin to light up and spin and he told me that I was doing very well with the chakra cleansing technique.  Then he told me that if I truly wanted to find a spiritual animal guide that I would have to climb to the top of a mountain, and he showed me the location in my mind’s eye.

Then he nudged me again, and I began to subconsciously, then consciously return to the present moment.
After this experience I did some research and have come to these conclusions:

1) My spirit birth totem is the wolf, which happens to be the power totem of a friend/mentor of mine, and I think that’s why we have like minded ideas and get along.

2) I believe one of my power totems might be the bear I met, but that he was guiding me to my true power totem, which is at the top of the mountain.  It will be an adventure worth having.

Also I need to start looking in to possible animals that could be my guides =]

Re: Jedi Phoenix's Training Journal 8 years 8 months ago #6865

• David (Phoenix)
  • Faculty
  • Jedi Healer
Haven't done much in the way of my search for my power totem, but I have been talking to my birth totem guide who has given me some good advice.

I've also be working on my meditation and bought some meditation balls (they are kinda cool) to do some chi work.  This way I can complement my tai chi chaun exercsises that I'm attempting to do.

Does anyone have any suggestions for knee spasms when working out? I was trying to do the tai chi work, and my knees just started spasing and shaking.  I had to stop, so does anyone know what I could do? And yes, I did stretch....

Other than that, been reading my CWG book and trying to figure out how to approach my dream interpretation (thanks Icarus again =D ).  I know exactly what I am trying to hide, and that I would seek acceptance from my mother, so it will be interesting how I begin to work through this.

Nothing much other than that

Re: Jedi Phoenix's Training Journal 8 years 8 months ago #6873

• David (Phoenix)
  • Faculty
  • Jedi Healer
Well I was going to post in my journal a lot earlier today, but I had a lot of wisdom and enlightenment come to me today, and thought I would share it with everyone and get opinions:

First off I started off my day with some Tai Chi Chaun and was able to get through the entire exercise this time without my knees giving out.  It was very relaxing and soothing and I felt like I worked my entire body and every fiber within.  I also began to feel energy in my palms, but this is a normal reaction.

I also had a lot of spiritual wisdom over the past couple of days.  One of the biggest things I learned is the value of experience, whether it was “good” or “bad”.  I learned that all experiences are a way of helping us to realize the grandest version of the greatest vision of Who We Really Are. I had experienced some things when I was about 10 through 17 that I appealed to me as a child and fulflilling my human need to a hero, a savior.  I thought I was in the right.  However that experience led me to going off my true and focused path.  I thus went spiraling down in which I dealt with a  lot of depression and negative energy.  This experience however, allowed me to experience peace, joy, light and serenity.  But in just experiencing these positive things, I can experience other negative things, which will cause me to experience the positive in an even HIGHER version of Who I Really Am.

The other thing I’ve been discovering is the issue of needing and wanting.  Both of these words, when said, create a statement of lacking.  Thus if I need food, I am stating that I am lacking food.  Instead I should state that I HAVE food, and I will get it.  Recently I struggled with something that I did want.  Moving to college, it was difficult meeting new friends and thus I wanted friends.  Instead of asking or stating the need of, I desired them.  Desire is a word of creation, propelling what we “want” into the universe and bringing it to us, and that is exactly what the Universe did…in a way.

I had to learn to love and accept myself.  I argued about this issue for a while with my mentor because I believed that I did love myself and I couldn’t figure out why I wasn’t naturally attracting friends like I do.  I came to understand that I couldn’t do things on my own because I wanted friends and company.  I was insecure by myself.  Well, as soon as I came to this realization, I began to do things by myself that I did with some of my old friends, such as going to movies and coffee shops.  In doing this I came to love and accept myself.

Finally the next conclusion I came to was with my church.  I am finally able to say that I have let go of my childhood religion.  I understand where it is coming from, and I have been able to now form my own beliefs.  As you know I struggled with that whole thing about Jesus.  I have come to understand we should follow Jesus’ way if we want to know and experience Who We Really Are…but we don’t have to worship him.  I have also come to terms with how I conceptualize God.  It is a lot like the Force in that it is a big, undifferentiated, bountiful energy that surrounds all of us and is all of us, free to be used and noticed, or not used and noticed. 

So this has been quite the power push days for some wisdom but it brought me a lot of peace and acceptance in my training, and I look forward to more experiences I can have….

Re: Jedi Phoenix's Training Journal 8 years 8 months ago #6885

• David (Phoenix)
  • Faculty
  • Jedi Healer
since I can't post it in the other thread: risingfromtheashes301.wordpress.com

this is my new blog, check it out =]

Update 8 years 8 months ago #6915

• David (Phoenix)
  • Faculty
  • Jedi Healer
Just letting everyone know that I am training.  I'm focusing a lot right now on working on me.  I recently, well its been over a month now, broke up with my girlfriend and I was trying to get over some of the issues and complications that arose from such.

Not to mention I took a new job and started my first year of college, lol. 

Right now I'm doing my Tai Chi to stay in shape till I can get back to the gym, doing a lot of meditations, and I'm working on my spiritual growth.  I got two new books at the bookstore tonight: "Living Buddha, Living Christ" by Hanh and that Druid book that was recommended to me (I couldn't find the other elemental book...).

So thats about it, OH! if you wanna really know any of my thoughts, musings or insights I recommend checking out my blog. 

Re: Jedi Phoenix's Training Journal 8 years 7 months ago #7156

• David (Phoenix)
  • Faculty
  • Jedi Healer
Gym: ;D (I went!!!!)

Bicycle 5 minutes (only got HR to 131)
Then did day 2 of workout:
     -Glutes Machine 50 lbs. 3x 10 left and right leg
     -Back Extension 55 lbs 3 x 10
     -Hamstring Curl 50 lbs 3x 10
     -Abdominal Machine 45 lbs 3 x 10
Then did Treadmill for 12 minutes 1 mile rate of 1min walk : 2 min run
HR to 182 (need to work on keeping it lower, only needs to be like 160 something)

Thats about it!!!!
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds