Oak leaves journal

• Thank you received: 59

Oak created the topic: Oak leaves journal

Thank you for joining me here as I switch from one journal to another. Apologies for any confusion caused by the switch over. It just felt silly to keep dragging an old name around that I no longer connected with. Without further ado, on with the show...

It's been a while. To say the least. At another time, I will post about my loooong hiatus, struggles, lessons learned, and whatnot. But right now I would just like to get writing, to get going and get something on the (digital) page to get my momentum back going. Although it has been a long time since this journal was updated, I didn't stop my journey along this path, just my discussion of it.

I've been reading a lot, and keeping track of my book list for future reference. Trying to figure out how to be a better and more sustainable activist and better person. Forced to step up my self care game a whole lot. And working harder to build/foster community.

Podcasts I've been listening to recently: For the Wild, Self Care Sundays, Code Switch, Druidcast

Exercise: mostly hiking and walking with a bit of yoga thrown in. I plan to step this up.

Learning: Attending workshops, reading books and articles on health as well as social justice. At the California Jedi Gathering this weekend, so learning from a lot of folks through direct discussion, which is fabulous. Currently reading Emergent Strategy. Planning to continue my training here at IJRS.

Connecting: Keeping in touch with at least my inner group of friends. Keeping in touch with family. Connecting with spirits of place. Networking and learning from the wider Jedi community online and in person - namely in attending the California Jedi Gathering his weekend. Planning to increase the community connections, as well as work on connecting better with the community within which I reside.

Miscellaneous: I've been working on creating a morning ritual/routine via the book by T. Thorn Coyle. Includes morning journaling / thought-dumping. Planning to follow along as recommended.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds