Finn Daffron's Training Journal

• Finn Daffron
  • Finn Daffron's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 5

Finn Daffron created the topic: Finn Daffron's Training Journal

I've been working out a lot the past few days, so yesterday, which was December 20, 2017, I decided to take a rest day. My martial arts practice was my real workout. I ate a big cheat meal for lunch which I should have done at least a few jumping jacks for, but I didn't.

I did a pretty hefty martial arts practice. I worked with basic techniques for the most part, including side kicks, front kicks, inward blocks, outward blocks, upward blocks, downward blocks, Karate Short Form 1, and a Kenpo orange belt knife technique. I did a hundred side kicks of each leg and fifty of each side with every other technique. I noticed that my gi popped, which is a sign of good technique and power. However, I could have improved my balance, coordination, and flexibility, which I have always struggled with. I took a video of my practice/

In addition, I read some Jedi philosophy from Wookiepedia and from various mindfulness websites. I read about the Living Force and its followers, especially Qui-Gon Jinn, and a little bit of history on the Shan family and Revan. I also read a little bit about Reiki, and the various people involved in it, especially Frans Stiene.

I did a little bit of practice with chi balls and thermokinesis (basic stuff with heating up my hands). I only did about fifteen minutes, which is not enough practice, but I did some.

I did a twenty-minute mindfulness meditation, which went really well. I focused on my breathing using the box technique, where I do five seconds in, five seconds hold, five seconds out, and five seconds hold.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake, Jax

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Kol Drake
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com
  • Thank you received: 1833

Kol Drake replied the topic: Finn Daffron's Training Journal

You have a nice training routine!

Not sure I could survive 100 side kicks with either leg these days. Great stuff.

And glad to see you work the 'body energy' & breathing sides of the coin too. ( This coin has many sides. :-) )

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds