Dogan Nar's Training Journal

• Dogan Nar II
  • Dogan Nar II's Avatar Topic Author
  • Jedi Guardian
More
3 months 3 weeks ago #55464 by Dogan Nar II
Dogan Nar II created the topic: Dogan Nar's Training Journal
I decided to go ahead and start a training journal and document progress I make throughout my life so that I don't feel stagnant in strictly "Jedi training". Life gets in the way a lot of time for me. Oftentimes I'm working 14 hour days with the company I work for, then I have time with my own company as well as my projects as a musician.

The Force will be with you, always
jljedilife.blogspot.com/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Dogan Nar II
  • Dogan Nar II's Avatar Topic Author
  • Jedi Guardian
More
3 months 3 weeks ago #55465 by Dogan Nar II
Dogan Nar II replied the topic: Dogan Nar's Training Journal
Two nights ago, my best friend/roommate and I went to an Arnis class down the road from where we live. As I've mentioned before, I'm very particular with my martial training as is my friend. We found the school to be a bit too formal/rigid for our tastes as well as a bit too much of "This is how we do things, this is what you're going to do" with no explanation of why. They teach a lot of Chinese arts there and it's bled over into their FMA training which made it into a style which we didn't really go for. However, the instructor showed us a chi exercise from their internal Kung Fu class and that's something we're interested in pursuing.

I'm getting back into the gym finally (traveling and the subsequent energy drain when I return home makes it difficult). I'm hoping to get back into the schedule that we had started on and building my body up. Yesterday was leg day, where I made a few improvements in my weights but also stayed at my previous numbers for a few others. Good thing there is that I didn't drop any numbers. If anyone is interested in seeing the particular workouts I do, I'll gladly post them here though I'll likely start doing that anyways so as to document my progress with numbers.

I've also been working on meditation. One thing I've found extremely helpful as I have insomnia is guided sleep meditation/hypnotherapy videos on YouTube. I'll play these when I'm ready to go to bed every night and I've had great experiences with it. Speaking of YouTube, I've recently been watching Opie McCleod's Jedi Living videos as well as a few other channels (such as Ashla's Knights of the Awakening channel). Watching Opie is really cool for me personally not only because Jedi Realism on YouTube is now a thing but because I was active in the community years ago and Opie and I have had conversations and I read a lot of his works back then. Putting a face and voice to the name that I've known for so long is really neat.

The Force will be with you, always
jljedilife.blogspot.com/

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #55470 by Jax
Jax replied the topic: Dogan Nar's Training Journal
You are certainly welcome to share your workouts. There's a section for fitness logs if you want to keep things separate. There's also an area for meditation journals. It's up to you though. :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dogan Nar II

Time to create page: 0.203 seconds