Blackhawke's Training Journal

• Kerena (Atanaihawke)
  • Kerena (Atanaihawke)'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 183

Kerena (Atanaihawke) replied the topic: Blackhawke's Training Journal

7/6/16 Wednesday
Walk got interrupted tonight, had to call 911 on a man and his pre-teen son shooting at poor little ground squirrels in the park with an air rifle. They shot and killed one poor little guy, and they were doing it out of meanness; they were not starving, so they didn't need the meat. In the meantime, there were joggers, small dogs, people with kids... It really got to me. Someone could have been really hurt, not to mention the poor little squirrel that they did kill. :( Still bummed out about it. They laughed as they ran off but they were caught a few blocks up. Came home and took a hot shower, spoiled my feline daughters, and plopped my hind end in bed early. Deep sigh.... :surprised

I am that I am, the Love of Spirit.
I am that I am, the Peace.
I am that I am, the Joy.
Namaste!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Kerena (Atanaihawke)

7/07 THURSDAY:
EXCELLENT walk in to work today - cloudy, promise of a summer rain... Also went outside at lunch time today, so that's a total of an hour.
Kept to vegetarian choices today for a change. Meh, unenthused. Needed more garlic and onion added to the recipe I followed - but I can't really complain about the cook since it was me, right? :)
That's it for now, anyway. Peace!

I am that I am, the Joy.
Namaste!

• Kerena (Atanaihawke)

7/08 Friday
Walked 3 miles in 80 minutes, had to pause when my back acted up or it would have been 75 minutes. Healing takes time... Had a great gym session with my buddy the kettle ball.
7/09 Saturday
Got some rest and scrubbed my house. Spent an evening teaching a friend how to make homemade hummus and barbecue mini wings. Was not feeling so good that night...
7/10 Sunday
Did two hours of energy work/ Reiki with a healing circle. Also spent an hour as a chaplain counseling someone (private). Got in a 1.5 mile walk.
Learned to make my own sourdough starter and made goodies for work tomorrow.

Depression research to date:
1. 5-htp is primarily an amino acid compound that works on the seratonin levels in the brain. It gave me strange dreams but seems to help.
2. Turmeric was recommended by a naturopath. I can't see that it does anything when it comes to depression, but it does help the immune system.
3. Vitamin D helps immensely. Here in the Northwest we have according to many physicians a deficiency in this vitamin. It is one of the things recommend to help with SAD and reverse SAD.
4. Honey, especially raw local honey, is great for my allergies and does seem to light up the pleasure center of the old noggin.
5. Exercise and Mediation: these, along with adequate rest and talk therapy, seem to do the most good for my mild to moderate depression.
6. Emotional Support Animal: My cats are excellent therapists in that they get me out of my head and I have something else to care for.
My sources: WebMD, Mayo Clinic, Live strong.com.
Put in volunteer time for a half hour tonight helping a neighbor carry out her garbage.
Here's a cheer for a new week full of potential!
May the force be with you.

I am that I am, the Joy.
Namaste!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake, Johannes (Yoshio), Jax

• Kerena (Atanaihawke)

7/11 Monday - Rough day... Got in a good workout at the gym, had an evaluation with a trainer to get me back on track. (I feel sorry for anybody watching me try to jump rope; I'm terrible at it, though I have fun trying.. :)
Got in a good walk this morning - 1.5 miles in 26 minutes.
Great meditation session using Buddhist bells and flute music! Used "I am that I am, the Love of Force" as a focus.

7/12 Tuesday -
Stayed home sick - chicken soup/Tylenol cold/massive quantities of Vitamin C to stop a summer cold before it stops. Used the time to rest up and take it easy, lots of Gypsy Cold Cure tea (eww!)
Found out that cats don't like chenille bedspreads as much as I do. (Oh well! ;))

7/13 Wednesday -
So far, so good - 25 minute 1.5 mile walk this morning, plus walked 15 minutes during AM break. Down 5 lbs. since my last weigh in (last week, Wed.).
REALIZATION: I like broccoli, sprouts, cauliflower and fresh spinach but I'm not fond of potatoes right now for some reason!
More to follow...
Looking forward to starting more of the 101 level courses as soon as my other assignments are reviewed... It will help me break in a new LG tablet that I saved up for and finally ordered (now that it's obsolete, right? :lol: )...

I am that I am, the Joy.
Namaste!

• Kol Drake
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com
  • Thank you received: 1767

Kol Drake replied the topic: Blackhawke's Training Journal

All good things.... though I would warn you about losing more than 2-3 pounds a week once you have passed the 'losing water weight' phase.

Work outs will cycle -- easy days vs tough days -- not so much for the training but just how our own bodies tend to have their own highs and lows. You might want to chart when is best for yourself so you can workout 'at your peak' and rest during your trough periods.

Keep at it and that special order 'Leia Metal Bikini' will be a summer smash!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kerena (Atanaihawke)

• Kerena (Atanaihawke)

The bikini is a ways away... :) But I appreciate the vote of confidence!

I am that I am, the Joy.
Namaste!

• Kerena (Atanaihawke)

Attachment 0702161211-00.jpg not found

Some Wednesdays can turn you into a real basket case! Just ask my Feline Overlord Queen Cleo-cat-ra!

I am that I am, the Joy.
Namaste!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake, Johannes (Yoshio)

• Kerena (Atanaihawke)

7/14 Thursday
Had to reroute my walk today due to the local art fair being set up at the park. Walked 2 miles in 40 minutes. Good weather for it, I wish the artists well.
Learned how to make a vegetarian casserole with zucchini and tomatoes, got too much onion on it but loved every eye watering bite.
Friend taught me how to slow grill pork ribs for dinner. Not bad!
Some sad times of late, my friends; the world needs us desperately. So much anger out there... there's an angry energy at work in the world. Time to combat Sith darkness with glorious light! :lightsaber

I am that I am, the Joy.
Namaste!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake, Johannes (Yoshio)

• Kerena (Atanaihawke)

Now, time for a classic Battlestar Galactica episode on DVD. One of my weight loss rewards will be my colonial warrior jacket and uniform, something that this little nerdette has always wanted :-)
But for the record, I was a complete Star Wars freak back in the ahem 1970's- still am! I had all of the cards, the figures, a couple of the ships... My bicycle when we played outside was my X wing fighter and I thought that Obi Wan Kenobi was the coolest thing alive. The older I get, the more ingrained Sir Alec Guinness's Obi Wan becomes in my spirit.
I have a feeling I am not the only one like that here, however. Part of me always did feel it was real to be a Jedi.

I am that I am, the Joy.
Namaste!

• Thank you received: 1777

Jax replied the topic: Blackhawke's Training Journal

You're doing really well, in case you didn't realize it. :-) And if it makes you feel better, I just got to call the cops for gunshots in my neighborhood. :-( No clue what it was from either. The cops are unlikely to find anything, but at least if it's reported it is on record if there is a crime discovered.

Did you ever check out 4 hour body?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kerena (Atanaihawke)

Time to create page: 0.218 seconds