Blackhawke's Training Journal

• Kerena (Atanaihawke)
  • Kerena (Atanaihawke)'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 183

Kerena (Atanaihawke) created the topic: Blackhawke's Training Journal

Physical: 6/28/16: Walked 3 miles today, 5pm til 6:15pm, most of it in the park enjoying nature. I touched base with my canine buddy Lucy the Black Lab. Took me just over an hour. (Training for a 5K walk for Heart disease in August.)
6/27/16: Physiq Gym: 7pm to 8:25p.m. Did a mix of cardio, balance, and weight training. I love my evening workout!

Education: 6/28/16: Finished a DVD on pilgrimages - very interesting! Covered Japan, Africa, Jerusalem, Lourdes, the Hajj, and the 12 year festival held in India where they bathe in the Ganges river. It's all about what you discover within yourself when you undertake a pilgrimage, and sometimes a little discomfort and hardship enrich the experience. Lourdes made me cry; they took a wounded warriors group over there and I felt so guilty for what our countries have done to these men.

Volunteer:
Sunday 6/26/16: Put in 8 hours weeding and beautifying a side yard for a friend recovering from breast cancer treatment. Any money she offered to pay went to help her brother in law who has only recently gotten back to work and is several years behind in property taxes.

Note to Master Teachers and Trainers:
I have a great deal of prior experience that might count for credit but I think for me that a clean and focused slate is more to my benefit right now. I will also come out and let you know that I have been working on overcoming mild depression - I had a bout with it last month. I am also recovering from ministry burn out; I am affiliated with the Bexonist Interfaith Ministries as chaplain and as archbishop but I found myself wanting to get out.
This is my opportunity to go in a direction that has been calling me for a long time now. Thanks for being here for us.
In fidelity, Kerena aka Blackhawke
:thanks

I am that I am, the Love of Spirit.
I am that I am, the Peace.
I am that I am, the Joy.
Namaste!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake, Atticus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1332

Johannes (Yoshio) replied the topic: Blackhawke's Training Journal

Good start and many thanks for working through the Introduction Course.

First of all You might find that here at the IJRS we don't have any Master Teachers and I personally don't like the word Trainer. Although I don't want to put myself in the position whereat I would speak for my fellow Jedi Colleagues but as I do see it and feel about it, we are all students on this path. Some a bit more advanced than others but still we all can learn from each other when we share our experiences with each other. That is why I normally like terms like Tutor or the Japanese expression of Sempai (older student) more than any formal rank insignia.

As for "tracking" your activities for the PLP, it will be the last bit You have to work on before You will officially finish the Introduction Course, within the given frame You can put in whatever activities You feel beneficial for your individual Path. Obviously we would prefer more recent ones over things one did already long time ago. So, when You say that You would like to do a clean start that is much appreciated but I'm also pretty sure that You will be able to make use of everything You already learned and experienced. So, please make use of the PTD to write about everything You feel is beneficial or might be of interest for your Path and for others who are joining You on this endeavour here at the IJRS. :meditate

Qui-Gon Jinn: "We cannot control our emotions, but we can decide how we go along with them."
Bujinkan Busshin Dojo - Wordpressblog
NerdFitness Profile
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake, Atticus, Kerena (Atanaihawke)

• Kol Drake
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com
  • Thank you received: 1746

Kol Drake replied the topic: Blackhawke's Training Journal

All that said by Yoshio -- never be hesitant about a little 'self bragging' in your PLP.
You've worked hard for your position / titles -- list 'em.
Certs, awards, diplomas, whatever... it is all a part of what makes you you.

Now, as an up and coming Jedi, adding on to your current achievements is icing on a well appointed cake. Consider what 'things' YOU might wish to accomplish over the next several months (or years) and see what might dovetail into your Path Training. Have fun with this as much as having 'hurdles' to achieve.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Johannes (Yoshio), Atticus, Kerena (Atanaihawke)

• Kerena (Atanaihawke)

Kerena (Atanaihawke) replied the topic: Blackhawke's Training Journal

Thanks for the encouragement! I needed that today... :)

I am that I am, the Joy.
Namaste!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake, Atticus

• Kerena (Atanaihawke)

It was a most productive day! I submitted my PLP and am ready to start on other work. I'm going a bit easy today - 6/30 Thursday - fending off the semi-evil summer cold that coworkers keep trying to share. Vitamin C to the rescue! :fight

I am that I am, the Joy.
Namaste!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Atticus

• Kerena (Atanaihawke)

CREED 101:
INTRO – EXERCISE RESPONSE
FIRST, MY REACTION:
I contemplated and meditated on the code and I found it to be more productive a mantra than Be Here Now was for me; it has more focus somehow. It’s very soothing.
SECOND:
FIRST STANZA: There is no Emotion, there is Peace:
To me this ties into what Ram Dass and Guy Findley taught about emotions being a general indication of what is going on with you – acknowledge them, then send them on their way. Peace is a sense of clarity from which we can better act/react or not act at all. Emotions are too quick, too fluid; they change in a heartbeat. As an example, one moment you want to kill your boss and the next he’s the nicest guy you’ve ever worked with. Emotions are tied into our past and trying to color our future.
SECOND STANZA: There is no Ignorance, there is Knowledge:
What is ignorance, if it isn’t knowledge we haven’t learned yet? Sometimes we willfully chose not to know something…and that in itself is a form of knowledge.
THIRD STANZA: There is no Passion, there is Serenity:
Interest becomes obsession, which then becomes passion. Passion clouds our better judgement, keeps us so focused on something that we don’t see the forest for the trees. When we are serene we see the whole picture. Interests are healthy but passion is blinding.
FOURTH STANZA: There is no Death, there is the Force:
We are all energy beings, and energy does not die; it only changes form. Death is but a doorway to a higher and greater realm. This so-called physical realm is full of illusion.

Atanaihawke :yoda
7/1/16

I am that I am, the Joy.
Namaste!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake

• Kerena (Atanaihawke)

7/1 Friday:
Put in 65 minutes at the gym tonight with a focus on old school calisthenics, strength training, and 25 minutes of cardio.

7/2 Saturday:
Did two 15 minute sessions on my exercise bike today and walked for an hour. Not ready to speed up my place yet but sciatic is healing well.
Read up on honey and turmeric as depression and weight loss aids. Disappointing weigh in today but that's today. Ate really light today for a change - local Saturday Market vendor makes the most addictive kalamata olive and roasted garlic hummus. Oh yeah, baby! Yummy!
Helped a bachelor friend do two hours of housework today, mostly cleaning up after his cats and vacuuming a carpet that has seen better days.... Poor guy...
Enough for now, good night!
Atanaihawke

I am that I am, the Joy.
Namaste!

• Kerena (Atanaihawke)

7/3 Sunday
Did four hours of voluntary weeding. Also helped a friend give an unwilling 14 lb feline a flea bath (NEVER AGAIN!)
Walked 3 miles, cut time down to 85 minutes. Back only complained a little but otherwise felt good to be outdoors. (Goal - 60 minutes or less...)

7/4 Monday
Spent most of the day resting. Have several exercises for Code 101 ready to post, just waiting for response to the Intro Exercise...
Kept two little frightened kitties cuddled up during the noisy nasty ol' vicious fireworks.

I am that I am, the Joy.
Namaste!

• Kerena (Atanaihawke)

My Day In a Nutshell: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
(HAPPY MONDAY-ON-A-TUESDAY!)

Attachment religion-iconoclasm-iconoclasts-doomsayers-doom_sayers-apocalypses-wmi101217_low.jpg not found

I am that I am, the Joy.
Namaste!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake, Johannes (Yoshio)

• Thank you received: 1332

Johannes (Yoshio) replied the topic: Blackhawke's Training Journal

This cartoon is very like the situation I feel myself in since the last two to three week at my company. In such situations it is very hard to "Calm down. Things will work out." Thanks for sharing this with us. It had put a smile on my face. :)

Qui-Gon Jinn: "We cannot control our emotions, but we can decide how we go along with them."
Bujinkan Busshin Dojo - Wordpressblog
NerdFitness Profile
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kerena (Atanaihawke)

Time to create page: 0.208 seconds