Augustine's Training Journal

• Thank you received: 13

Augustine created the topic: Augustine's Training Journal

I started training yesterday but only submitted my Student Registration today hence the delay in starting this journal. Hopefully, I can post here even though I have not completed my introductory course yet. If that is a no, no, just let me know.

Anyways here's what I have been up to the last couple of days. I haven't done a lot of physical training for about two years, so starting basic and going to build myself up. Gradually I shall add more and more exercises both physical and mental to my regime. Let me know any thoughts.

Monday - 18/04/2016

AM - Walk from Waterloo to Work - 30 mins
PM - Walk from work to Cannon Street - 20 mins
- Basic fitness training - warm up, 10 mins exercise bike, 10 press ups, 15 crunches, 10 squats, 10 back raises, 10 dumbbell curls, 10 behind neck tricep extensions, 10 ankle raises with Dumbbells, 10 bent arm flys each side, 10 handgrips, warm down. Plan to do this Mon, Weds & Friday. Building up to 3 sets in 6 weeks.

Reading - Jediism information on alternative religion website on train. Found this quite interesting and it was full of generally good unbiased articles.

Tuesday - 19/04/16

AM - walk - Waterloo to work - 30 mins
PM - walk - work to canon street - 20mins

Reading - IJRS Introductory course on train. Completed force training exercise. My result was mental intuitive.

Meditation - Mental intuitive with voice and drums. Felt very relaxed by end of exercise. Will do this once a day starting from tomorrow.

Other - Completed & submitted Student Registration Form for IJRS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1890

Jax replied the topic: Augustine's Training Journal

Yes, you can start this journal here as well. Just make sure your assignments end up in the Intro Course. :-)

I like your method of documenting things. That makes it very easy to show you've done what is required for your Novice Exam (and beyond).

• David (Phoenix)
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Shadows
  • Thank you received: 455

David (Phoenix) replied the topic: Augustine's Training Journal

A lot of us are using this app called Habitica to try and track our daily routines. Its a fun little app that includes combining checking off things with a little bit of role playing. But I use it to remind me to exercise, meditate, etc. Best part is that you can set individual reminders for each habit or task you want to complete, so that way you'll get a notification around the time you should be doing that particular task.

Augustine replied the topic: Augustine's Training Journal

Jax,

To be honest I had a look at a number of journals on the forum before deciding which way to go with mine, so I can't claim all the credit for that. It is a bit of a mash up really. Most of the ideas came from looking at Yoshio's.

Augustine

That works!

20/04/16

Physical Training -

AM: Walk - Waterloo to work = 30 minutes
PM: Walk - Work to Cannon Street = 20 minutes
Basic Fitness Training - Stretches; Exercise Bike, 10 minutes; 10 Press Ups; 15 Crunches; 10 Squats; 10 Back Raises; 10 Dumbbell Curls each arm; 10 Tricep Extensions each arm; 10 Bent Arm Flys each arm; 10 Ankle Raises with weights; 10 Hand Grips each hand; Stretches

Reading -

Completed force training lesson from IJRS on train in morning.

Meditation -

Spiritual Intuitive with voice and drums. Found this easier than previous meditation method. Felt the warmth of the light moving through my body.

Other -

Listened to 'Thinking Atheist' podcast from 09/06/15 re 'Jediism and The Religions of Film'. Found it to be a lot better than I thought, the presenter gave the Jedi path a lot more respect than I expected and the speaker from 'The Temple of The Jedi Order' came across well.

Posting force training results to Inductory Course thread.

Would you please post that podcast with your thoughts in the podcasts area?

The link is now in the podcast section with some thoughts.

Much appreciated!

21/04/2016

AM - Walk - Waterloo to work - 30 minutes
PM - Walk - Work to Cannon Street - 20 minutes

Reading - Read Personal Training Lesson from Introductory Course on the train in the morning, then started work on the Personal Training Exercise for the rest of the journey and on the journey home. Still not completed yet, hope to do a bit more tomorrow.

Meditation - Decided to follow advice of Kol Drake and do a week of Mental Intuitive meditation then change to Spiritual Intuitive for a week, so I get a better picture of the effectiveness of each meditation exercise.

Mental Intuitive with voice and drums. Felt more comfortable than last time I did this exercise, probably because I went straight into 'easy' pose but I was still more tense during this mediation than the spiritual one. This was even after the relaxation part of the meditation. I again had images of some dead relatives come to mind when I got to the stage of the meditation which talks about hearts desires and feeling love. Still finding it difficult to visualise the bubble part of the exercise. I think it may just be the way it is described doesn't agree with the way my brain works.

Other - Recited The Jedi Code on waking and intend to do so before bed. I will aim to do this everyday to help keep the path I have chosen to tread close to mind.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tsjêbbe

Time to create page: 0.114 seconds