Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Nova Starfire's Training Journal

Nova Starfire's Training Journal 1 year 1 month ago #52223

• Nova Starfire
  • "Your focus determines your reality"
  • Thank you received: 73
I have completed the last exercise in my Introductory Course, and am now working on my PLP. I am so excited to finally be able to dive in to my first class! The goal is to write something in this journal at least two or three times a week. The next entry will be my PLP, with any luck.

:lightsaber
"The soul becomes dyed with the color of its thoughts"

-Marcus Aurelius
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake

Nova Starfire's Training Journal 1 year 1 month ago #52266

• Jax
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal
  • Thank you received: 1700
Sounds good. :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nova Starfire

Nova Starfire's Training Journal 1 year 1 month ago #52310

• Nova Starfire
Well, the PLP post is going to have to wait until the weekend. I started my CNA school this past Monday, and am up to my eyeballs in studying during the week. I will be done with school on April 29th, and hope to get a job at the hospice I volunteer at soon after! I have learned so much already, and am enjoying it immensely. I have also been noticing a change in my general attitude that has surprised me. I have found that I am more patient, and able to find the calm center of myself when I get angry, then I ever was before. I really think that the meditation and recitation of the Jedi Code that I do every day has been helping me without me really even being aware of it. I know that it's just a small step, but I am so happy!! :meditate

-Marcus Aurelius

Nova Starfire's Training Journal 1 year 1 month ago #52313

• Jax
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal
  • Thank you received: 1700
:-) It's all in the application. Good luck!

By the way, you aren't completing any activity in the PLP, just putting down a few ideas for what you'd do. You can include your CNA training as one category. It should only take 10 minutes to fill out your PLP. Please do this asap so you can be done with the intro course and not worry about it. Otherwise it will be hanging over your head subconsciously.

Nova Starfire's Training Journal 1 year 1 month ago #52316

• Nova Starfire
Got my PLP finished! Here we go:

Name: Nova Starfire

Advisor: RiddleNox

Date: April 8th, 2016

Rank working toward: Novice

Integrative Practice Hours:

Activity 1: Yoga
Date completed by: June 17th, 2016
Number of hours: 10

Activity 2: Volunteer Work
Date completed by: April 29th, 2016
Number of hours:20

Activity 3: CNA Training
Date completed by: April 29th, 2016
Number of hours: 115

Activity 4: Book reports (2)
Date completed by: July 15th, 2016
Number of hours: 10

Total hours = 145

Institute Courses

Course: Intro Course
Date completed: April 8th, 2016

Course: Creed 101
Date completed by: June 15th, 2016

Additional Goals

Course: Jedi Studies 101
Date Completed by: July 15th, 2016

CPR Certification: Completed by April 29th, 2016
First Aid Certification: Completed by April 29th, 2016

Personal Goals

1. Meditate every day
2. Learn patience
3. Give 110% at my job as a CNA every day
4. Complete my immigration paperwork to Canada

Obstacles to achieving these goals

1. Once I become a CNA and start working, this will become very difficult.
2. I am probably the most impatient person in the world.
3. The attitude of most CNA's is that their job is horrendous and they would rather be doing just about anything else. So their negativity could begin to rub off on me once I have worked with them for awhile.
4. The process is long, and expensive.

Solutions to overcoming these obstacles

1. Schedule a time every day to get it done
2. Meditation, and deep breathing exercises. Recite the Jedi Code when I begin to feel impatient.
3. Tune this kind of negativity out, and realize that good work is it's own reward. Remember how big of a difference I am making, even if the job isn't glamorous, and how many people will be counting on me.
4. Make a budget for the year, and save a little at a time. Don't lose heart when it seems like I will never see the other side of the process.

I will be receiving my CPR and First Aid Certification while I am attending CNA school, that's why the end dates are all the same.

:wow It seems like so much! I am excited to get started though!

-Marcus Aurelius
Last Edit: 1 year 1 month ago by Nova Starfire.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake, Jax

Nova Starfire's Training Journal 1 year 1 month ago #52539

• Nova Starfire
This week has been so busy for me. I am about to start the clinical portion of my CNA class tomorrow, so we have been working on skills all week in class. I am nervous, because I want to be a good CNA, and my teacher doesn't make it any easier. He is absolutely infuriating. He is contradictory, and comes down like a hammer on anyone who makes even the slightest mistake. Oh, and did I mention that we have to do the skills in front of our entire class, as well as our instructor, every day? As an introvert, this is my worst nightmare. Every time I have to perform in front of my class, I can feel my face go cherry red, and the sweat pouring down my back. On the positive side, this has given me multiple opportunities to recite the Jedi Code, and to practice my meditation techniques.

Tonight I started reading the intro for my Jedi Studies course as well as my Creed 101 course. I tried the meditation technique of feeling the edges, and also tried to feel the empty space within myself and expand it outward. In both cases, I was able to achieve this, although the expanding outward exercise took more effort than I thought it would. I couldn't sense much further than my city. I know that this will take time.

-Marcus Aurelius

Nova Starfire's Training Journal 1 year 1 month ago #52542

• Kol Drake
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com
  • Thank you received: 1688
Imagine the entire class naked... and Sith. :meditate
The following user(s) said Thank You: David (Phoenix), Nova Starfire

Nova Starfire's Training Journal 1 year 4 weeks ago #52572

• Nova Starfire
Lol, thank you Kol, I think I will! :rofl

-Marcus Aurelius

Nova Starfire's Training Journal 1 year 4 weeks ago #52576

• David (Phoenix)
  • Faculty
  • Jedi Healer
  • Thank you received: 448
And not to be THAT guy, but I'm sure the reason you do it every day is that repetition builds your skills...and your confidence.

A lot of people think that meditation is sitting lotus style and having these 'enlightening' experiences. But, turning what ever you do into a walking meditation is much more effective and practical. Learning to focus on your breath, finding your calm and center while performing different activities is what will help you as you build your skills. So, in other words, you are on the right track with bringing your meditation into your CNA training.

As for the contradictory part, it might be beneficial to record the lectures (if you can) and play back through them when something seems contradictory or confusing. I had a teacher that was similar to that in my Anatomy and Physiology classes. When I recorded the lectures, I learned that she came off contradictory, but what she was trying to do was explain the same thing in a different way. Maybe that would help?
"...who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat. " ~ Theodore Roosevelt
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake, Nova Starfire

Nova Starfire's Training Journal 1 year 3 weeks ago #52644

• Nova Starfire
Yeah, I have noticed that it's more effective when I do walking meditations. I mean, I occasionally do sit down meditations, and they do work, but usually it's more practical to just do it the other way. I know that its just for practice and most people don't find it scary, but I have always been so nervous in front of crowds. Anyway, I got an interview at a nursing home tomorrow, so I am super excited! They did say that I had to change my hair ( I have a blue mohawk), so that's a bummer. They said they didn't mind the style, but the color had to go. I went to my hair stylist and they said it would do severe damage to strip all of the blue out, so I had to just shave my head down to fuzz so that I can grow the hawk back. Luckily they aren't going to make me do anything about my tattoos or my gauges, so it was a small price to pay.

-Marcus Aurelius
Time to create page: 0.170 seconds