Norrad's Training Journal

• Norrad
  • Norrad's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 8

Norrad created the topic: Norrad's Training Journal

Finally finished my Personal Learning Plan. I’ve been working away at it slowly for the past 3 days. I think it should serve me really well. Now I just have to finish up the Communication Training Exercise, and submit them both. I am looking forward to working towards my Novice rank within the order
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Norrad

Norrad replied the topic: Norrad's Training Journal

• Norrad

I'm having some trouble posting my latest entry in here, but it is on my wordpress page - norradsjournal.wordpress.com/

• Norrad

I forgot to type a couple journal's here, and only posted them on my wordpress page, so I figured I would copy and paste them here now.

MINDFULNESS MEDITATION : DAY 1 – 5 MINS
I just re started a Mindfulness Meditation course by Stephan Bodian through the Coach by Cigna app on my phone. Mindfulness Meditation has been suggested to me by my therapist, so it is something I have been doing regularly. This session was the first in an 8-week program, but only ran for 5 mins long, so I actually did it twice. Stephan does a great job of guiding and keeping me focused, which I found was hard to do on my own. I am definitely feeling more relaxed now and am looking forward to tomorrow’s session.
Total Time: 5 Mins

MINDFULNESS MEDITATION : DAY 3 – 10 MINS
I missed yesterday’s meditation (Day 2 Exercise), so I did it first thing this morning instead. This was the first introduction to a deep relaxation exercise. The instructor has you lay down with your limbs slightly spread apart. You then start at your feet and slowly work up towards the head the body as you imagine each piece of your body melting away with your tension. I find this exercise very relaxing and came away from it feeling relaxed, lighter, and stronger. It lasted about 10 minutes, which is a little longer then the first exercise, however it didn’t feel as though it lasted any longer than the first exercise. Probably because I enjoyed this one a lot.
Total Time: 10 Mins
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake

• Norrad

Mindfulness Meditation : Day 4 - 10 Mins

I am still behind one day on my meditation, so I decided to catch up this morning. The first exercise was titled "Eat A Raisin Mindfully". We started by holding a raisin in our hand and studying it as if we had never seen one before. We then more closely examined it's shape, texture, and density with our thumbs and index fingers. Next we smell and taste the raisin, also noticing how it feels in our mouth as we chew and swallow it. Finally we notice how it feels afterwards, whether there is any after taste or other effects lingering. The second exercise to catch me up was a regular 5-minute mindfulness meditation. We sit quietly and are guided to focus on our breathing. I felt good afterwards, but I do wish they were a little bit longer.

Total Time: 10 Mins
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jax

• Norrad

I forgot to post this yesterday

MINDFULNESS MEDITATION : DAY 7 – 20 MINS

I was a little behind again because off the Christmas season, but I caught myself up first thing this morning with two 5-minute guided meditations, and a deep relaxation exercise. I felt extremely relaxed, happy, and energized after all three, and I think it would be good to use that combination when this program is over.

Total Time: 20 Mins

Time to create page: 0.073 seconds