SilverWolf's Training Journal

• William
  • William 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 6

William created the topic: SilverWolf's Training Journal

And So begins my life as a Jedi....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• William

William replied the topic: SilverWolf's Training Journal

Often = 5 points. Sometimes = 3 points. Rarely = 1 point.
Observations
Often
Sometimes
Rarely
1. I experience sudden physical aches or pains when in the company of others. 3
2. The feelings and emotions of others affect me. 5
3. I have an interest in extraterrestrials, crop circles, or other nonphysical intelligences. 5
4. I have dreams or visions that don't seem to relate to anything in my life. 5
5. I fail to lose weight, despite constant dieting. 3
6. I long for the elevated love of a spiritual soul mate. 5
7. I feel I am being taught at night while I sleep, 1
8. I see streaks or sparkles of light, energy or colour. 3
9. I experience anxiety or panic in crowded places. 1
10. When I see a loved one suffer, I want to trade places with him or her. 5
11. I enjoy discussing spiritual topics and ideas. 5
12. I have a strong sense of spirit or soul, but have difficulty with more mundane, day-to-day tasks. 3
13. I feel a connection to crystals, plants, or nature spirits. 5
14. I feel the presence of God (the Force, Spirit) as unconditional love. 5
15. I want proof or evidence of the existence of psychic phenomena. 1
16. I long to be n the presence of divine beings. 3
17. I feel I can communicate with my pets or other animals. 5
18. I pray for others to feel God's love. 5
19. I prefer the words "divine intelligence" to "divine love". 1
20. I can see the big picture, but I have a difficult time communicating it to others. 5
21. When giving or receiving healing energy, I can feel it flow through my hands or body. 5
22. People tell me that they feel comforted when they are with me. 5
23. I would like a Higher Power to provide me with answers to my questions. 3
24. I had a problem with drugs or alcohol at one time. 1
25. I feel my intuition as a gut feeling in my body. 3
Copyright Institute for Jedi Realist Studies 2008, 2012 Page 15
26. People, even strangers, confide their problems to me. 5
27. I have ideas for unique products or inventions. 3
28. I feel the presence of loved ones who are in spirit close to me. 5
29. I am fascinated by magic and / or spells. 3
30. I experience unexplained intense feelings. 5
31. I am interested in energy medicine. 5
32. I am afraid to be too psychic or intuitive. 1
33. I am attracted to different body therapies, including massage, Reiki, and acupuncture. 5
34. I forgive others easily. 3
35. I enjoy studying mystical teachings. 5
36. I enjoy studying channelled teachings. 5
37. I am interested in shamanism, Native American mythology, and other earth-based traditions. 5
38. I desire to be of service to those who suffer physically, emotionally,
mentally or spiritually. 5
39. I desire to understand the Universal Laws. 5
40. I wonder why I am here, on planet Earth. 5
41. I enjoy participating in rituals and ceremonies. 5
42. Much of my day and / or week is involved with helping others. 3
43. I contemplate what the meaning of life is. 5
44. I like to daydream. 5
45. I spend a lot of time in my garden or in the wilderness. 3
46. I feel what others feel 5
47. I enjoy studying the connection between science and spirituality. 3
48. I live in the present moment. 5
49. I communicate with the spirits that live in natural objects like plants, stones, and trees. 5
50. My spiritual path is the path of the heart. 5
51. I enjoy new technologies and cutting-edge gadgets. 3
52. I sense or see spirits and / or ghosts. 5
Copyright Institute for Jedi Realist Studies 2008, 2012 Page 16
Keep in mind that we all have aspects and tendencies of each of the types within us. We are all a combination of each type. With that in mind, determine your predominant type and your less dominant types.
A
Add questions 1, 5, 9, 13, 17, 21, 25, 29, 33, 37, 41, 45, 49 A = 51
B
Add questions 2, 6, 10, 14, 18, 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46, 50 B = 56
C
Add questions 3, 7, 11, 15, 19, 23, 27, 31, 35, 39, 43, 47, 51 C = 45
D
Add questions 4, 8, 12, 16, 20, 24, 28, 32, 36, 40, 44, 48, 52 D = 49
If A is the highest sum, you tend to be a physical intuitive.
If B is the highest sum, you tend toward being an emotional intuitive.
If C is the highest sum, you are likely a mental intuitive.
If D is the highest sum, you tend toward being a spiritual intuitive.

Emotional Intuitives
These intuitives travel the path of the heart. They are driven by the desire for love, connection, passion, and service to others. They are often vulnerable and sensitive, feeling others pain. Still the desire is there to heal and to go beyond their personal needs for the benefit of others. Emotional intuitives are usually the most giving of all the types.
An emotional intuitive will have an innate sensitivity to the emotional states of others. It can arouse strong feelings, causing them to respond with devotion and care; or with confusion and surprise. They may also find that these feelings recede as quickly as they arrive.
Because emotional intuitives receive impressions from the Force through their emotions, they are the most prone to experiencing intense, unexplained feelings. Many emotional intuitives, for example, will feel a strong sense of sadness, anxiety, or fear prior to a tragic world event, or wake at night feeling stressed and worried and with no idea where those feelings have come from.
Many emotional intuitives learn, over time, to push these feelings away, they try to shut down to avoid the psychic waves to which they are susceptible. Through awareness and growth, emotional intuitives can begin to understand and work with their sometimes extreme and unpredictable emotional states, learning to stay centred and focused instead of becoming emotionally weighed down. They need to learn to respond by sending waves of love and calm back out to the suffering world that called out to them.
Emotional intuitives can suffer from allergies, chronic tiredness, and adrenal exhaustion, plus PMS and ovary and uterine problems. They all too often pull from their own physical reserves the energy needed to emotionally heal others, and they often believe they are not doing enough if others are not promptly healed. They need to take time to become aware of their own emotions. They need time away, retreat and solitude. But seldom will they take this self-time.
Emotional intuitives and mental intuitives need each other. An emotional intuitive needs to see the big picture and be less affected by others, whereas the mental intuitive needs the love and sensitivity that emotional intuitives generate so easily.
More than the other types, emotional intuitives need to learn to decipher and name the inner psychic feelings and impressions that flow through them. Because they can feel so much and so deeply, they need to become aware of what is their own emotional energy and what may be coming from an outside source. They also need to learn not to define themselves by what they are feeling.
Emotional intuitives are, unfortunately, the most likely to make errors in interpreting psychic information. At the same time, they rarely make errors when interpreting the feelings and emotions of others. Instead, they make errors because all too often their interpretive abilities are overrun by their concern and care for others. They strive to help, heal, and love all. Because they respond to energy emotionally, the challenge for emotion based people is how to interpret the energy coming to them through the Force objectively. They must learn heart-centred clarity. They need to shift away from a powerless absorption of emotional energy and move into clear awareness.

Note by SilverWolf: With all due respect to the Institute of Jedi Realists, I very much disagree with first statement "Emotional intuitives are, unfortunately, the most likely to make errors in interpreting psychic information. At the same time, they rarely make errors when interpreting the feelings and emotions of others. Instead, they make errors because all too often their interpretive abilities are overrun by their concern and care for others." I believe that it greatly on the Individual and wether or not that Individual has trained themselves to NOT make errors. Each Individual is seperate and different, and I believe that to use the same model of Inyuitives for everyone. While it may be true that SOME emotional Intuitives DO fit the entire model and do make mistakes or errors as the model suggests, I do believe from my own experience that a person can train themselves to not make errors.

• William

William replied the topic: SilverWolf's Training Journal

Personal Training Exercise— “Why Jedi?”

Part 1: Discovering the Path
What first inspired you to seek the Jedi path in your life?
I was seven years old in 1977 when what we now know as “Star Wars: A New Hope” came out. I used to run around, pretending I was a Jedi thinking it was cool. However, I also grew up having a very large sense of respect, honor, kindness, and even when I was very young had a very in tuned empathic ability and the ability to “sense” when there was something wrong. I have always lived my life as a Jedi, or at least by the principals that people involved in Jediism now call what it is to be a Jedi. For me being a Jedi is like breathing, Instinctual
Were there any key events around that time that caused you to seek this path?
No, being a Jedi for me has been no different from just living my life how I have lived it.
How did you find this training? Have you received any other training elsewhere (online or off)?
I am currently learning here and at the Temple of the Jedi Order. I believe that the path of a Jedi is a lot like the path of life, we are forever learning new things as we travel down our path, and you can never learn too much.
Part 2: The View along the Way
How would you define a Jedi? What makes a Jedi different from others?
A Jedi to me, Has the Honor of a Samurai or a Soldier, He, or She has all the Qualities that you read about in a Knight of the Round Table or all the Qualities that you read about in the Boy Scout manual. A Jedi to me is an everyday person with an exceptional amount of Love, Kindness, Patience, faith, Bravery, they are teachers, counselors, guardian protectors that are willing to do what it needed to help those in need and to protect and care for those who need it. A Jedi is so much more than how they are described in the Star Wars fiction. Being a Jedi is being different from others, and at the same time, it is not. A Jedi in today’s society is a lot like a Buddhist monk, only an everyday person that has exceptional inner gifts and shares those gifts to help others.
What aspects of the Jedi do you aspire to? Or, what attributes of the Jedi do you want to incorporate into yourself?
I believe I described fairly well, what an aspect a Jedi has or should have in the above question. However, I aspire to be the best Jedi that I can be and to try to pass on those Qualities to my Sons
What does it mean for you to be a Jedi in your society?
Described in the first Question

Part 3: Looking forward What are your goals in your Jedi training for the next 3 months? The next 6 months? The next year? What do you anticipate will be your biggest challenge to reaching these goals? For instance, do you have time constraints, family responsibilities, or health problems?
As Yoda in the movies says, “Clouded is the future, always changing” I do not know what the future holds for me. It is my plan to try to work on my Jedi studies while I am on a personal break from my schooling for my associate’s degree. I do not foresee at the time of this writing any challenges that will prevent me from continuing my training. I am unfamiliar with the types of Rank of Jedi here. However, my personality type is that of a Councilor or a Diplomat

Finally, I'd like to think about how you now feel about your Jedi path, having written these statements. Do you feel inspired, excited, overwhelmed? Whatever comes to mind, try to express that into words as best you can. Take some time and then try to come up with a reason why you feel the way you do? It's ok if you don't come up with much of anything at first, but it's a worthwhile exercise.

I love being a Jedi, but for me being a Jedi IS my life, it IS who I am. It is natural for me. I love helping others; it gives me a sense of Joy and Pride. It gives me a personal Strength that keeps me going. It fills me with a sense of Love, Hope.

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds