Alegolas Training Journal

• Thank you received: 43

Alegolas replied the topic: Alegolas Training Journal

Meditation
In my meditation practice, I focus on a thought like this trip and when my mind lets of the bad thougths go, it gradually empties from everything. Of cource this total clarity is only for a few minutes and thoughts return, so I need to repeat every now and then, but I think that it only gets better with practicing.
I use the Burmese posture, it works better for me.
When I have my eyes open, I get distracted more easilly. For now, I preffer meditating eyes closed, but I try to achieve what is described in this practice.
I am doing good with breathing. In fact, I use it for a few minutes to concentrate to the practice, and then I don't think about it at all. When I try to feel how I'm doing, I understand I breath using my belly, but then I loose my consentration. So, I am stop thinking about it at the moment.

Alegolas
Sole Jedi of Aenus Order

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Activity 2. Book 2
"The Book on the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are" by Alan Watts
Chapter 6 - IT

The only real atomis the universe, and the only real thing is everything.
Everything that there is and there isn't. Everything that is Energy or Mass, or both and everything it is none. Everything the big bang created and everything pre-existed. Everything enclosed within our universe and everything out of it.
We, humans, can understand a tiny bit of everything using our senses. What we can see, smell, touch, hear or taste. Then we can understand a bit more of this everything using our thinking. Our planer, Solar system, Galaxy, Universe etc.
Probably there is more, everythign we haven't thinked of yet. As the time passes by, and our thinking gets wider and wider, our "view of everything" wides as well.

Alegolas
Sole Jedi of Aenus Order

I have watched some very interesting videos that seem to be fit for my PLP, so I am adding this Activity as well:

Activity 6: Watching Videos Dec 31, 2015 3.5 hours

Krishnamurti: The beginning of meditation (1.5hrs)

Bernt Capra's Mindwalk (2hrs)

Alegolas
Sole Jedi of Aenus Order
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake

Activity 6: Video 1
Krishnamurti: The beginning of meditation (1.5hrs)

If we try to sense everything around us using all our senses, we should find it is rather difficult, because we mainly notice one sense at a time. Meditation is to achieve sensing with all our senses at once. It is not about possition, or breath control, as Eastern techniques teach, it is not about controling our own senses, it is about learning to sense completely.

In order to proceed with meditation, we need to control our lives. Luck of control means that we do things without any thought, because we are allowed to. This means we don't feel the will to do something. That is why the luck of will is actually not controling our lives. If we feel the desire to do something and according this we do certain things, we apply control to aour lives. We first of all need to put order in our lives and then practice meditation.

Our minds are used to function within time. Time can be what we read in our watches, can be yesterday, today or tomorrow, can be past, present and future. It can also be the psycological time of saying "I am", "I will", "I expect". The words of our language contain time. When we expect something, we think of the future. When we have learned something, we think of our past. Time and human beeings are binded together. Meditation is to try to get rid of time, to feel the past, the present and the future as the same time instant. To sense there is no future, only this moment. It is hard, not impossible, we have to try to find out if it is possible.

This gets us to the task of getting rid of the thoughts. Thinking is also binded with our minds, ourselves. Having a mind that functions within time, understanding each word in terms of time means that thinking is as hard to get rid of as time is. Not impossible, but we also have to try clearing our minds and find out if this is possible. And this is the hardest part: Knowing that you have not thought something it's a thought itself, so it gets even harder. We can say I have cleared my mind for a sec, but then how did we counted this second?

Still it is not that hard if we free our mind of this obligation of not thinking. Thought is like sound. It only gets a meaning when there is silence between notes. So, there are actually in our everyday lives moments that our minds are clear of thoughts. The spaces between thoughts. In our meditation we have not to think about not thinking, but to let our minds think and try to fill the blanks with consciousness.

Alegolas
Sole Jedi of Aenus Order
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jax

Activity 6: Video 2
Bernt Capra's Mindwalk (1990)

A candidate for the us Presidency visits his writer friend in France. In their visit to a medieval island, they meet Sonja Hoffman, a scientist who has dropped her research to live there. Her view of life, seems to change the candidate's point of view about everything.
The main idea is that everything is connected. You cannot change the way things are only by changing the thing you don't like. The system (nature, community, enviroment etc), always finds a way to resume things. Everything connect to each other, so one has to understand how the system works in order to change something. Or, in order to act and not change anything.
There is no meaning in analyzing a single component of a system. The idea is to analyze the system as whole.

The film is an introduction to systmes theory:

General systems theory was originally proposed by biologist Ludwig von Bertalanffy in 1928. Since Descartes, the "scientific method" had progressed under two related assumptions. A system could be broken down into its individual components so that each component could be analyzed as an independent entity, and the components could be added in a linear fashion to describe the totality of the system. Von Bertalanffy proposed that both assumptions were wrong. On the contrary, a system is characterized by the interactions of its components and the nonlinearity of those interactions. In 1951, von Bertalanffy extended systems theory to include biological systems and three years later, it was popularized by Lotfi Zadeh, an electrical engineer at Columbia University.
[...] Knowing one part of a system enables us to know something about another part. The information content of a "piece of information" is proportional to the amount of information that can be inferred from the information [...]
David S. Walonick, Ph.D. www.statpac.org/walonick/systems-theory.html

This connection between everything, this view of seeing systems instead of finite elements is actualy another way of defining the Force. The Force (the universal energy) is present into every beeing, item or even interconnection between things. It flows from one to another, changing forms from mass to energy, from energy to connection. The whole universe is a single system, even if it is difficult to define it as such. Viewing smaller systems is usefull in order to examine for example an ecosystem, but the larger idea of the universal Force is actually a system that contains everything.

Alegolas
Sole Jedi of Aenus Order
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jax

Time to create page: 0.106 seconds