Alegolas Training Journal

• Thank you received: 43

Alegolas replied the topic: Alegolas Training Journal

Activity 2. Book 1
The teachings from the stories. Part 1

The pink and red city.
We have a perception for the world that may not be correct. Theories proving correct stand untill a new finding proves them wrong.

The non existing mirror.
The first obstacle may not be the only one. Consider all variables.

The huge flea.
Always consider all variables.

The tale of hare and turtle.
The virtue of patience.

Width of time.
Cosmology theories and philosophy fit so well in my path

De consolatione geometriae. (also : the cage)
Cruelty as a distinctive practice of logical beeings.

Alegolas
Sole Jedi of Aenus Order

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Activity 2. Book 1
The teachings from the stories (part 2)

Adam's navel
Religion may find an answer to any question shaking its foundation.

Devil's prayer
I every answer of the Religion, a new question may arise.

The global library & The map and the land
The most difficult problems may have the simplest solution. The question is wether this solution may be practical or just theoretical.

Alegolas
Sole Jedi of Aenus Order

Activity 5, day 3
Duration: 1.5 hrs (19:30-21:00) - Activity progress: 4.5 hrs (/10)

Day 3 in Muay Thai.
Practice: jump-direct punches and low kick. Cross punches
Learned: knee strike, neck wrestling

Alegolas
Sole Jedi of Aenus Order

There is no passion, there is serenity.
From the exercise on this Stanza, I have considered some things:

Alegolas wrote: I have a small Terrie called Scoofy. He is quite happy, since small breeds don't have much need for exercise.
I also have a female Bull Mastiff, Sandy. Sandy is a large dog, weights almost 50kg (110lbs) and needs exercise. The ideal would be daily walks and free running a few days a week. The first years I had her she had my full attention. Since the birth of my first son the walks were fewer and fewer. At this time, having two children and a very demanding job, I cannot do more that a couple of walks per week with her, usually weekends.
I can feel Sandy is unhappy with that. So this is what I am doing: In my PLP I had set a target of running 10km a week. The previous week was so full that I didn't run at all, but I exercised a lot in Muay Thai. So I am going to alter this goal: Instead of running 10km/week, I am going to walk 10 km with Sandy. That way, I am combining physical exercise with the need to give attention to my dog.
I think this exercise helped me a lot, but most of all helped poor Sandy.

So, I am altering the PLP accordingly and I am starting ASAP...

Alegolas
Sole Jedi of Aenus Order

Activity 2. Book 2
"The Book on the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are" by Alan Watts
Chapter 2 - The game of black and white

Maybe the first time I consider the human senses having a digital perception. It doesn't feel strange though, our neurons are like cords, either transmiting a signal or not. It is a matter of which bit-system we use. For example the first computers of the early 80s since late 90s, used 8bit architecture. One 8-bit byte is actualy an 8digit binary sequence, e.g. 01001100. The total diferent combinations of this byte were 2^8=256. These 256 characters were the ASCii code, in which for example "01001100" was the capital letter L.
Every aspect of electronic info was coded using this 8bit system. 8-bit sound cards had 256 distinct notes combined to music or any other sound. First VGA monitors could picture 256 colours, using an 8-bit bus.
Later, the architecture moved to 16-bit, which could represent 2^16 = 65,536 (64K) distinct bytes, tones or colours. Of course, technology moves on: 24bit = 2^24 = 16Mbytes, 32bit = 2^32 = 4Gbytes and going on...
Using more bits for a description of an information makes the digital world closing the real (analogue) one.
For colour, one bit is 0 or 1, black or white, while 4bits create a 16-colour palette. 32 bit can already represent more than 4 trillion colours, touching the analogue reality. What we call analogue reality is what we understand like analogue because we can not see more detail than this. It is like being an 16-bit computer and meet an 8-bit computer. For you the 8-bit info would be digital, while the 16-bit analogue, because you couldn't understand more than this.
Maybe humans we can understand only 64, 128 or 256 bit of info, or something like that... If an ET race with more advanced perception meets us in the future, they may call us digital thinking beeings.

The perception of 1/0, beeing/not beeing, exist/doesn't exist, matter/space, life/death that strugle in our lifes it is actually the moment we realise that we are digital thinking beeings. We need to advance our perception and accept those intervals of zeros, space and death as consising parts of our world. There would be no colour without darkness, no sound without sillence, no life without death, no universe without space.

Alegolas
Sole Jedi of Aenus Order

Activity 5, day 4
Duration: 1.5 hrs (19:30-21:00) - Activity progress: 6 hrs (/10)

Day 4 in Muay Thai.
Practice: punching and defence
Learned: elbow strike, defence on punching

Alegolas
Sole Jedi of Aenus Order

Activity 2. Book 2
"The Book on the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are" by Alan Watts
Chapter 3 - How to be a genuine fake

From the beggining of our lives, society gives us directions to the self-awareness. The word "I" is to self-determine our existance, putting physical borders that extent parallel to our skin and to further. We are given a name so that we are special. We think we are special of course. Society lets us know what is special and how far this speciallity may go. Our families gives as so much info on how to be good persons, but if we follow this info closely, we may be our parent's copy-cats.
Society orders us to be special but when we exceed some specific boundaries society calls us back to "normal" behaviour.
We are bombarder every day on tv or other media with model-behaviour persons. We need to be like them, but not exactly. We have to be unique. This is the genuine fake that we need to be.

Alegolas
Sole Jedi of Aenus Order

Activity 5, day 5
Duration: 1.5 hrs (18:30-20:00) - Activity progress: 7.5 hrs (/10)

Day 4 in Muay Thai.
Practice: jump-direct punches technique improovement
Learned: uppercut

Notes: my fists were traumatized during uppercut practise (friction burns on combs). I'm skipping next class this week until they are healed.

Alegolas
Sole Jedi of Aenus Order

• Kol Drake
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com
  • Thank you received: 1915

Kol Drake replied the topic: Alegolas Training Journal

Here in the US, you can hit the local/regional farm cooperatives to pick up something like 'bag balm' or 'badger balm' or order it through Amazon.com. Making skin 'tougher' is not about drying it out but making it healthy and elastic. These are waxy based and don't dry with alcohol or perfumes. Also keeps hands from getting cracked or chapped.

I think it was an issue of bad bandage location. I was practising without boxing gloves just fist bandage on a fixed 'pillow' (not user for the correct term in english).

Never heard of this product before. I'm going to check it out. Thanks

Alegolas
Sole Jedi of Aenus Order

Time to create page: 0.599 seconds