Oakash's Training Journal

• Oakash
  • Oakash's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 10

Oakash created the topic: Oakash's Training Journal

Slightly overwhelmed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Kol Drake
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com
  • Thank you received: 1920

Kol Drake replied the topic: Oakash's Training Journal

???

By the introductory lessons / training or a goodly chunk of 'Life' mixed in?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Oakash

• Oakash

Oakash replied the topic: Oakash's Training Journal

Yeah both. I know my limits and with those I have a lot of self doubt about being able to train well.

• Kol Drake
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com

Training 'well' or 'perfectly' is never the goal.

The tools we present are for your use (or not) -- although we emphasize that the more you practice the 'easier' (better?) it gets.

Do not expect instant or perfect results after one time... that's like thinking one push-up prepares you for the Olympics.

Give it time; give it your attention when you are doing it and 'well' will come along before you know it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Oakash, Lars Greypath

• Oakash

So it's like working towards growth. Focus on one thing at a time.

• Oakash

I've been stuck on the creed assignment. I know what I believe and I'm struggling to explain why I believe them. Its like they are intuition. I don't think that belief and action can be separate from each other. I'm going to work on that assignment this week.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake

• Oakash

Been really sad since Mother's Day. I lost a child and i've been missing her a lot lately. Sadness is a very uncomfortable emotion, been spending time trying to distract myself, but the emotion just gets stronger the more I hide from it.

• Thank you received: 1462

Johannes (Yoshio) replied the topic: Oakash's Training Journal

Sorry to read that!
As I'm, at least not yet, not a father I don't know how it must be to lose a child so if apologise in advance I my reply hits a trigger which sets You in a even sadder mood.

I don't know if You already "stumbled" over the Jedi Code? Anyway, what I would like You to try is to read the first line and see if it can do something for You!?

Emotions, yet Peace.

Hiding from our emotions doesn't do us any good! When we lose someone, we always need a time to grieve and feel sad about the loss but after this time there is also the time of healing and finally of feeling at peace again. As I don't know what kind of grieving person You are I don't have any "advice" for You how to do it best but I would strongly recommend You to not hide away from your emotions as the likely will stock up and hit You only hard at a later time.
Maybe the thought of that your child is now one with the Force again and being so, free to chose what it wants to do next and although the physical presence isn't around any longer the energy and your memories remains.

All the best for You and your healing! :meditate

Qui-Gon Jinn: "We cannot control our emotions, but we can decide how we go along with them."
Bujinkan Busshin Dojo - Wordpressblog
NerdFitness Profile
The following user(s) said Thank You: Oakash

• Kol Drake
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com

Yoshio has a wise mind on this.

I can only offer up part of what I once wrote to another who experienced a loss in their family at one time.

Grief is a part of the healing process when you have experienced any kind of loss. Getting past that grief, whether it is over the loss of a loved one, a relationship or a job, and moving on with your life may leave you feeling like a stranger in a strange land. The familiar may seem unfamiliar and the routine may become a challenge when you are filtering everything through the haze of sorrow and confusion brought on by grief.

You need to keep in mind that even during your moments of greatest sorrow, you are not alone.

From the Christian view you would get this 'mini lecture' – Remember that you are eternally in the presence of God's divine love, which fills any void temporarily left by grief. "This is my comfort in my distress, that your promises give me life." Psalm 119:50

Or, in Jedi mode – Yoda said to Luke: "Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. You must feel the Force around you; here, between you, me, the tree, the rock, everywhere, yes. Even between the land and the ship."

Everything is energy; everything is connected through the Force. Whether as physical bodies with souls or souls no longer with a physical body, it exists. So, do not grieve for the loss but know that, while transformed, the essence of the person still exists as part of the Cosmic Web of Life.

Managing your grief means understanding how to live your life and move forward with grief as a part of the whole. The loss is a pain which ebbs over time. You will never forget the loss but you make it manageable ... so you can carry on living. Even living the Life your loved one wished you have – not as a sorrowful, angry person but as the loving and de-Light-ful person you would and should be. BE the best person you wanted to be for them... as much as for yourself.

There is more (my soapbox lectures can be small novellas!) -- about 6 more pages worth... but I guess what Yoshio stated and the above covers the essence of it. (I hope)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Johannes (Yoshio), Oakash

• Oakash

Thank you guys for the support. I really appreciate it.

Time to create page: 0.163 seconds