Chris' Training Journal

• Thank you received: 2

Chris created the topic: Chris' Training Journal

This will contain the records of my training

Wisdom & Honour

Chris

“To be Jedi is to face the truth, and choose. Give off light, or darkness, Padawan. Be a candle, or the night.”
- Yoda

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2

Chris replied the topic: Chris' Training Journal

26 December 2014

My first official entry into my training journal,

About a month has passed since my last visit to the forums. In that time I have had a few opportunities to reflect on the lessons in the introductory package. I knew that i would have a lot to learn before i "signed up" but I now quite sure that I did not fully understand the breadth and scope of what the path entails. The opportunity to explore the path through the intro course has introduced me to something far deeper and more powerful then I think i realized.

Reflections on the Intro Course training

I had mentioned in my work in the intro course that some of the concepts and lessons taught I have had experience with through my career and education. While away with work and through the holidays leading up to this entry I have thought about the lessons and my own experiences with the subjects discussed and I am of the thought that in these first steps on the path i have much to unlearn....a life time of looking at things with a set perspective - I do not believe that I will discard the lessons I have learned but I know that I need to consciously focus on looking at things from different angles.

Meditation

My biggest hurdle with the lessons so far has been meditation. I have tried almost daily to achieve a meditative state but found that I wasn't sure i was even doing it right. My wife had mentioned in past that she was going to give Reiki a try and thought that I would benefit from it as well. It was during my first session that I think i have had a bit of an "ah hah" moment. During the session I had an enlightening conversation with Patti (our Reiki Master) on meditation. Meditation is not the same for everyone..there is no set definitive state of higher consciousness that will tell you if you "got it" or not. Though some may achieve this, meditation simply is the quieting of the mind and focus on ones inner self. Jax had said much the same in a previous response to my work but I think that I was looking at a definitive rather then an abstract. This I realize is a product of my environment - something I need to work on (broadening of the way i look at things) I will make a note of this and reflect on it in future.

I am going to revisit my attempts at meditation later today without the preconceptions i had and see how it works.

Reiki experience

As part of the path training i have chosen to explore Reiki. As I had mentioned in my entry on meditation I attended my first session on 20 Dec 2014. I have already talked a bit about the breakthrough on understanding what meditation is so I will focus on the experience.

I have always believed in the flow of energy in everything around us. Anyone with an understanding of electronic circuits will be unable to deny that our bodies and those around us give energy fields but I had not thought manipulation of the field and flow would be something possible. From the moment Patti grounded my energy through my feet i could feel something. my body began to relax and following the advice she gave me during our conversation on meditation i believe I did achieve a deeper (much deeper) level of relaxation. As she moved down from my head to my back (note to the readers: I have a chronic back injury that has limited my physical ability ) I could feel something in my back change. Even now i find the sensation challenging to put to words......all i can really say is it was subtle yet there. What ever it was that happened physically my back relaxed and for the first time in a while my back didn't hurt.

This is definitely something I wish to learn more about. I will continue to attend these sessions and talk more in depth with Patti about this field of practice.

// End //

Wisdom & Honour

Chris

“To be Jedi is to face the truth, and choose. Give off light, or darkness, Padawan. Be a candle, or the night.”
- Yoda
The following user(s) said Thank You: Katie (StormyKat)

• Thank you received: 1848

Jax replied the topic: Chris' Training Journal

Thank you for sharing this. :-) Recognizing the need to unlearn will make the process a lot easier and allow you to grow more easily.

• Thank you received: 117

Tsjêbbe replied the topic: Chris' Training Journal

Yes, meditation is heavy. I still struggle with it a lot and still do not know why it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. As you wrote, it's probably very personal and we should try to find our own blockades

"Little decisions over time make a big impact on our lives.” - Eric Samuel Timm

• Thank you received: 1848

Jax replied the topic: Chris' Training Journal

There are so many reasons for meditation to be a challenge. There have been energy waves hitting that cause issues (for me it creates foggy headedness). There are days when you are more open energetically, days when you are more closed. Days when your energy flows more easily. This is why meditation is a practice, and every day is a new practice. It isn't something you improve with linearly, because the practice conditions change every single time. Do not worry. Practice is all it is about in the end. Just practicing focus in any activity, for a mere minute, that adds up and helps you begin taming your mind. :-)

Time to create page: 0.096 seconds