Tai-Da Vrikaurvan - Journal

• Tai-Da Vrikaurvan
  • Tai-Da Vrikaurvan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 48

Tai-Da Vrikaurvan replied the topic: Tai-Da Vrikaurvan - Journal

Jedi Philosophy

Misconceptions

The Jedi path has a few misconceptions when it is observed from its outer shell. To those who have not studies into the Jedi realism it is easy to paint a picture based on these misconceptions and it can be off putting. Not just to the unstudied but also to the newcomers to the path there are a few aspects that are easily misunderstood. When beginning the Jedi path it is important that these misconceptions are realised as it could lead a student into the wrong direction of something that might not be what they thought. Understanding and realises these misconceptions opens up the real picture of what the Jedi path is and extinguishes that which may not be what was thought at first.

Star Wars

Most Jedi are first drawn to the path from inspiration from the Star Wars movies. The movies do hold some inviting concepts such as using the mystical powers of the Force, great combat skills and cool gadgets. When one comes to the Jedi path from the inspiration of Star Wars this picture is not the same. Jedi realism is very different than that of the movies while it does hold some similarities. Whilst the terminology is almost exactly that of Star Wars the realists are not wielding lightsabers and defeating dark lords of the Sith. The Jedi path originates from the series but it does not mirror that of the movies. A Jedi realist does not have to be a Star Wars fan or even have watched the movies to become a Jedi. Star Wars is the basis on which the realism is built but it is not the reality that Jedi realists live.

Religion

The topic of Jedi being a religion is debated often some believing Jedi is a religion and some believing it isn’t. The Jedi path is not a strict doctrine and the path is open to all religious beliefs. Christians, Atheists, Taoists and any other religious commitment does not stop one from becoming a Jedi. The path is open to all belief systems and Jedi can be adopted as a religion should the person choose to. The Jedi path is a way of life which can go in several different directions depending on the person. Jedi do not have to make it their religion in order to become a Jedi but respect for other Jedi’s beliefs and religious commitment is essential.

Separation

There are many terms for real Jedi such as Jedi Realists, Jediists, Light Jedi, etc. The term in which one decides makes no difference to the actual path itself. Each of these terms still follows the Jedi path. These terms do not separate anyone from anything in the communities, all Jedi regardless of terms are united as one with the Jedi way. Terms and preferences of terms are only personal preferences and do not separate from any particular area of the path.

Infallible

Regardless of how long a Jedi has trained or been a part of the community does not mean they are always right. Being a Jedi does not make one any more special than anyone else and Jedi make mistakes just as often as the average person. Jedi are simple people following and living a certain way of life they have chosen. Mistakes are made regardless of the person and Jedi realize this and continue to learn from them. Masters are just as much students as teachers.

Code of Conduct

The Jedi path extends far beyond just basic understanding of philosophical matters and one thing the Jedi are known for is their application of their training into real life situations. It is not enough for a Jedi to simply understand the path but rather make real life use of what they learn. As such it is a Jedi’s duty to act in accordance to the Jedi path. The Jedi code of conduct is a simple set of guidelines to how a Jedi should act. The Jedi path is an open one and so restrictions are loose but fitting to all Jedi on the path.

Behave in an exemplary manner.

A Jedi should strive to be a good role model and the training presents all the tools necessary in which to do so. These are simple behaviours such as, presenting oneself in a calm manor, respecting the views and opinions of others even when there is disagreement. Helping those in need not for reward or benefit but for kindness and behaving in general in an exemplary manner in all situations to all people.

Treat all with courtesy and fairness.

A simple one to follow, treat everyone as an equal with courtesy and fairness. A Jedi does not hold one life more valuable over another and all are worthy of respect. Even if there is someone that does not agree with you or doesn’t have the best relationship with you, courtesy and fairness should still be exercised.

Accept responsibility for learning and encourage the learning of others.

The learning never stops for a Jedi and every day presents new opportunities in which to further progress. A Jedi should not rely on other for their learning as this takes away that element of independence. A Jedi should always take responsibility for their progress and encourage others to do the same. Even master still move forward, learn and progress and there is never a time where one cannot progress.

Acknowledge failures as much as I acknowledge successes.

Success is great and it is the reward for progression and learning however success is not a badge to be worn. Being proud of an accomplishment is good but not to wave it about in others faces. A Jedi should strive to be humble and acknowledge mistakes and failures as steps of progress as well as progress on success. Success leads the learning to higher levels but your best teacher is your last mistake. Learn from mistakes and move forward with success.

The Jedi Code

The Jedi code is one of the most fundamental parts of Jedi Philosophy and its application. The Jedi code is a set of guidelines on what a Jedi should live by. Whilst not every Jedi agrees on the same definition of the code ever Jedi interprets the code in their own way which determines how they will use it. Not all Jedi follow the same code as there are a few variations. The majority of Jedi live strongly by the code whilst others use it more loosely. Depending on how the code is interpreted will determine how one ultimately uses the code. While there are many variations of the code they are often deeply rooted in the original/common version. There is no right code nor is there a wrong one, each Jedi has their own responsibility to live by what is right for them even if that means breaking conformity slightly. It is a Jedi’s responsibility to follow that which is right for them and live by the foundation of the code that they set in place.

While there are variations of the code and how it is written there are also various interpretations of the code. It is also the responsibility of the Jedi to establish their interpretation and not just jump to the first explanation. Meditation and thorough study of the code and each line individually is encouraged as the more time that is spent learning, establishing and applying the better this foundation can be built. The application of the code is also an important element as it is not enough to simply understand the code. A Jedi must apply the code into life and understand how it fits into their reality. The Jedi path is individualistic and the underlying foundations must be built in order to progress and understand the meaning of what it means to be a Jedi individual.

There is no Emotion, there is Peace.

The First line of the Jedi code states that there is no Emotion, there is Peace and generally the way the code is written can at face value mislead one to believing that a Jedi doesn’t have emotion which is simply not true. The way the code is written is not meant to be taken at face value but loosely and open to interpretation.

Emotions are part of our very nature, it is what allows us to feel and to some extent make sense of some situations and actions that we take. This is where at face value this line of the Jedi code needs not to be taken literally but more as a vague guide. Emotions are part of our connection to the experience of reality and in many ways to the Force. They can reflect much about ourselves and how we view the world. To try and come to a state where one has no emotions is to remove a great deal of the sense of experience. One of the most important parts to walking a path such as the Jedi path is that experience is essential to gain any type of development or progress. Without emotion there is no value to experience. Without emotion we cannot make the same sense of experience.

Just by looking back at events in our past we can progress and further understand ourselves. Our emotions reflect who we are. We can learn and better ourselves by looking at our emotions. Why did I get angry at this? Why did I feel sad about that? By studying our emotional state we can understand what causes is to feel a certain way about a certain topic or action etc. The way I see it is that emotions are just part of being human and they allow us to not just feel but experience the wonders of this reality. If I had no emotions I wouldn’t have become a Jedi. Why? Because it was from love of the idea of being a Jedi that caused me to become one. If I had no emotions I wouldn’t have had a daughter. Why? Because I would have had no desire or joy in the idea of becoming a father.

I feel that the message in this line of the Jedi code embodies the concept that emotion must be tempered with calmness. Emotions are great for experience but when they heighten to overwhelming states it can cloud the mind, tunnel the focus and lead to impulse decisions. As a Jedi it is important to live in the moment in calmness. To feel the situation not in strong emotion but calmness. The more calm one is the more focused on the whole picture one is. Emotion at high levels tunnels the focus to which that emotion relates to. If I am excited about something I am excited about the things that will excite me and not the things that may be issues or problems. Being calm allows one to view as a whole and evaluate on a less narrow view.

The next part of this line of “there is peace”. Is very strange considering the first part (no emotion) because without emotions we would have no clue about peace. It is our emotions that allow us to know peace. If there were no emotions there would be no peace either. Because peace stems from emotion. It is a result of an emotion state. However there is peace, but there is also chaos to. Life is a big rollercoster ride, ups and downs. We experience times of peace and times of chaos. This is how we experience and learn. If all life was good we wouldn’t need to learn. If life was all chaos we would have no desire to live. It is the two sides that allow each other not just to exist but to complement each other. Without peace there is no goal, nothing to work for, nothing to desire. Without chaos we cannot appreciate times of peace, we cannot learn from mistakes and disheartening times. My view is that life cannot work without this cycle. We need chaos and we need peace.

There is no Emotion there is peace I feel puts a need for de-polarization of oneself. To not be drawn to a side of this or that but rather to stand between both forces and understand the need for each pole. To embrace all aspects of a situation in order to make the best decisions and actions. Being de-polarised gives one a deeper understanding of sides which usually crop up in situations. Being de-polarised gives one a deeper understanding of what motivates and drives them but in result one will have a far harder time relating to it because they are not in that polarised state themselves. There is no emotion there is peace has a strong relation to de-polarisation as Jedi strive to understand both sides of a situation without emotional judgment taking the lead. De-polarisation I feel is a key practice of a Jedi. Whilst one can’t remove themselves completely from those poles otherwise they would die. Absolute neutrality is stagnation and stagnation is death. One can however start to bring balance between the poles using the middle path/pillar practice, grounding and other means. These methods are intended to de-polarise and bring balance. By bringing balance to these poles these forces they become one unique state. Everything begins with the perspective of the mind, the law of mentality. Since everything begins with the perspective of the mind if you begin with an unbalanced, polarised thought everything that follows will be unbalanced and polarised.

The goal of the de-polarisation as a Jedi is to maintain a balance with all things. To not lean to one extreme as it will be followed immediately by its opposite pole. Like being very cold and then wanting to be hot. Like being too hot and wanting to be cool. De-polarisation is about balance but along the lines of experience. To not lean toward any side in any experience. There are some things we can’t balance, as we cannot be male and female. But the essence is about following our nature. Going with the flow of the Force and not seeking out to experience “good” things or “bad things” but to simply experience. We should flow with the Force and learn from every experience when it comes. Live in the moment and follow the nature of the energy. This line of the code can be put to use in day to day life in many ways. When life gets stressful one can repeat this line as a mantra and calm the emotions and view things as a larger picture. When something comes up that brings to much excitement or joy to calm that emotion for it not to disappoint expectation or discovery of issues that could have been noted earlier.

There is no Ignorance, There is Knowledge.

As a Jedi knowledge is something that’s a never ending target. Knowledge of the Force and other related things among the Jedi path. Of course this also continues further into learning everything possible in the lifetime that we have. This line of the code should influence the day to day experience by never passing up an opportunity to learn or progress. For the more one understands the less ignorant they become. However ignorance does have a sense of importance to it.

Without ignorance there is no chance of knowledge. All knowledge stems from ignorance and thus ignorance and knowledge are one. For one to learn anything, one must accept that they do not know. Thus the realization of ignorance is the drive to knowledge. What I think is important is the process of un-learning. Many times we build beliefs, concepts, views and they stick. It can become harder to deal with the fact that it might be wrong. Or part of that belief might not be what you thought. Once we believe something strongly we very rarely go over it. We become ignorant in the fact of “I know this let’s go and learn the next thing”. Truth is that it’s never the case. We can be wrong, we might be wrong, and that is why I think this line should push towards always challenging what you know, because that leads to not only true knowledge but truth. But this process needs us to unlearn that which we held onto for so long. That is why I believe that, the only way to truly know anything is to accept that you know nothing at all.

The wise know that they know nothing whilst the fool thinks he knows. For if one accepts that they no nothing or more specifically that they may always be wrong one can open the mind to more possibilities and expand knowledge further. Jedi seek knowledge as a natural part of the path and in doing so requires this acceptance. In order to gain health one first must admit they are sick. When we accept our ignorance we can move toward knowing.

The Key to this line of the code is to not pass up an opportunity to learn even if it’s in the most simple or little of things. To take all chances to learn and not let ignorance block the road to knowledge. It is easy to say “I don’t like that” or “I didn’t like it before” but that does not offer progression. To say “Ok I’ll try it again” or “It may be different than last time” one opens up a doorway to higher possibilities as not all experiences are the same. It is said that your greatest teacher is your last mistake. Jedi make mistakes the same as any other person, but Jedi strive to learn from them. Many who make mistakes repeat them because they are ignorant to the lesson. Every mistake is a lesson that stems from the ignorance that caused it. Those who forget their past are doomed to repeat it, and I believe this to be true in this case. While a Jedi should not live in the past to acknowledge a mistake, admit the mistake and learn what went wrong can forward knowledge instead of fuelling ignorance.

For years of my early life I was clouded by my ignorance. I had a desire to be a master, to be a wise master. Much of my training in the community was rushed. I rushed my work and left out some much needed effort and time to truly understand what I was working on. I ignored much of the help many tried to give me, and much of my years of work, was almost worth nothing. Through the changes in my life I have stopped trying to be a master. Stop trying to be the wise one. I realized that it was more important to just learn and keep learning. To live everyday as if it were my last, and learn as if I could live forever.

As we grow older things change. Our views and perspectives change and so to set all views in stone is to simply heighten ignorance. Much of what I learned in my early years has been changed dramatically. I have learned new things that have changed the way I view or see something. The point in this is to look at things at different angles. To take into account other aspects of the concept one may not have looked at. Why is this important? Because without looking at other sides and angles how can one be certain?

Thus another realization is to be understood. The truth is that there will always be another view and another angle to look at something. It is through realizing our ignorance that we can begin to look at these other angles, and accept that there will always be some spark of ignorance within. If there are always new angles to approach a subject or another view to explore how can one ever truly know. And thus the only way to know anything is to accept that you know nothing at all. A verse of the Tao-Te-Ching I value to this day.
“not-knowing is true knowledge.

Presuming to know is a disease.

First realize that you are sick,

then you can move toward health.”- Tao-Te-Ching, Verse 71

I do not believe that I know anything. I always challenge my beliefs because I know in doing so I can see different angles. But it is through my ignorance that I gain knowledge. By accepting that I don’t know something, that I am ignorant about something, I can move forward and learn and thus gain knowledge. This line of the Jedi code to me is understood that by accepting ignorance, I can work towards knowledge.

There is no Passion, There is Serenity.

The whole universe is always in motion and ever changing. Not just the universe in itself but people. People will always have desire and these desires differ from person to person and they change as time moves on. As long as we exist so will desire and passion, there will always be things we want, ambitions, dreams, and targets. Our passion is part of who we are. In some sense it is who we are. Passion drives us and makes us work for that in which we value. There is always passion. I would argue that anything we do in life is a result of passion, even those things we might not want to do. For example (hypothetical) , My father wants me to go to the football game. I might not want to go, maybe I don’t really like football. I grit my teeth and I go. Why? My family is important and thus the result is the influence of that passion. My passion for being part of the family and bonding with them influenced my decision. I became a chef, why? Simply because I have a passion for cooking and so my passion influences my action. My point being there is always passion and most of our choices are influenced by passion, even if we are following the voice of the force. Why are we following the voice of the force? This is because there is a passion in which to do so.

However passion like all things has another side to it. Passion can become addictive and it can be overwhelmingly powerful influence. Passion can very easily narrow the focus of action. When we become attached to passion it can take away awareness of other things. A person who falls in love, becomes obsessed with the lover, might forget his own family. Neglect his friends etc.

As a Jedi passion needs to be tempered with caution and calmness. It is not uncommon for one to become obsessed by passion that results in neglecting and forgetting many of the other important things. I would say that the lesson in this line of the code is to temper passion with calmness. When passion leads down the road of narrow focus and takes your awareness elsewhere bring the calmness back and act calmly without clouded or narrow actions. When in a narrow focus it is easy to forget the bigger picture, the problems and issues that might arise to late in time to solve as it was not foreseen earlier. Expectations may not be what were thought because the only focus was on the passion. When in a state of serenity and clarity one can see the bigger picture, the problems that may be there, the issues that may occur and the truth in what it will be rather than hyped expectations. A Jedi should strive to keep that state of serenity and view the whole picture and not the tunnelled picture. To temper passion with calmness and not let passion cloud the mind.

There is no Chaos, There is Harmony.

As a Jedi it is important to maintain a harmony within daily life as well as the Force. Chaos is something we all experience and have even to the smallest extent. Chaos is the lack of order of something and we are all guilty of having this in some places in our lives. As a Jedi clearing the chaos of our lives are important especially with the important things. A parent works a lot better with their child if all the essentials are organised. A builder works smoother when all his tools are in the toolbox. A chef works more efficiently when all his ingredients are in place. A Jedi works better when s/he is organised. This chaos however it may be in one’s life can effect and distort the smoothness, efficiency and overall performance of oneself. When things are organized and in place a harmony is present. The work within that place runs smoother and flows naturally. Chaos distorts this harmony and it applies to more than just physical things. Chaos also extends to the mental state of a person and how they organised themselves.

As a Jedi organising chaos is a part of training. When something is or becomes cluttered it is ones on responsibility to harmonise and organize. Jedi strive for self-development and train to better themselves and organizing chaos is part of the development. A Jedi seeks harmony in the changing of their chaos. Chaos is a part of life but it does not have to stay chaotic. It is a Jedi’s responsibility also to be mindful of their actions and the weight that it carries. Some actions we decide may bring an element of chaos to ourselves or possibly others and so being mindful is key in making things run as smoothly as possible. To be in harmony is to have things run smoothly and with order. To be in a harmonious state of being and have that better connect us to the Force.

There is no Death, There is the Force.

I have always been fascinated by the concept of life and death. There are so many different views and angles to look at it and wonder what happens before and after. Some believe death is the end, some believe we go somewhere after death. Some believe that we become something new and some believe we just go back to the state we were before birth. There are so many different possible angles to look. It has taken me a long time to form my own belief, one that I truly believe.

I do not believe that death is linier and my understanding on death comes from my understanding of the Force. From my understanding of the nature of reality we create our own reality by decoding energetic vibrational frequencies into an illusory reality. Like a virtual reality we create the reality in which we experience and the body is a biological computer in which acts as an interface to interact with this reality. From this understanding/theory this suggests that there are limitless ways in which reality can be created and so every belief in what happens after death is valid. No theory is wrong but none of them are true. If you believe that you will go to heaven you may very well decode reality into a heaven. If you believe in nirvana you may decode reality into being. Death is simply a change and I don’t believe it is the end.

Life and death is a cycle that happens every day and not just in the literal sense. Every moment we live, a second of our life passes and a new second is born. Every new day is a birth and the day before it a death. But regardless of the life, or the death, the journey moves on. All things must come to pass. But nothing ever really stops. I believe everything is the energy of the force. Energy was not created and so it cannot be destroyed. When we die we simply move into a different form. We simply transform into something else, whatever that may be through the decoding of the Force. Life and death are one. Life cannot exist without death, and death cannot exist without life. To say one has lived is to accept that one must die and change into something anew. Thus nothing is ever lost. Nothing really ever dies. We are all energy and we will constantly change forms, thus continuing the endless lives and deaths. My belief is pretty simple, when we die our energy changes form and moves on to a new state and the journey continues in whichever reality we decode into being. As a Jedi this is a fundamental understanding as death should not be feared but rather embraced. To trust in the Force and the movement of all things.

Jedi Apprentice Tai-Da Vrikaurvan
Apprentice to Jedi Phoenix
Former Apprentice to Streen Ynr

“It's not how much we give but how much love we put into giving.”
― Mother Teresa

"Look to the future and your eyes cannot shut. Look to the past and you can't open them. Live in the moment, and you can blink."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tai-Da Vrikaurvan

29/10/2014

Dream: I had 2 dreams during the night that I thought I would write down. I can’t remember much about what happened in them so I thought I would write down what I did know. The first one was the birth of two other children, one boy and one girl. We already have one child so now it was three. I remember being rushed of my feet running around trying to get everything but I was happy. I remember saying to Melissa in my dream that we are going to need to make more space in the room for the new-borns to sleep. The second dream I was in a shop trying to find something urgent. What I was looking for was out of stock and for some reason that was bad. That is all I can remember from the second dream.

Today went from being quiet and relaxing to busy and stressful quite quickly. I started the day with my morning centring, grounding and expansion as usual. The day was going to be a relaxing day with no major plans. In the late afternoon we had visitors we had to cater for and get the supper and everything else ready. It turned stressful pretty quick with not enough hands to do all the jobs within that short time we had. As things started to get stressful I could feel myself getting a little frustrated but I took a breath and said to myself “There is no emotion, there is peace” and I brought myself back to calmness. When I am reciting that line I imagine my being as a still pond with the water serene. No disturbance just still and that helps a lot with bringing myself back to calmness. The application of this line of the code hasn’t let me down.

I notice myself doing meditations when I have time to wait on something. If I am making a cup of tea or waiting on the oven timer I’ll go on my knees and meditate and it not only passes time but adds to my application. I notice in my training and application I am no longer letting emotions go inward like I use to. I don’t tend to let my emotions outward onto others but rather hold them inwards and bottle them before letting them go in whatever way I can such as playing a game or doing some boxing. I now feel myself just letting them go and not letting it affect me which is great.

I have done a little work on the second line of the Jedi code which I plan to implement strait away. I feel my training is progressing very well and I plan in the next day or two to start running the block to get my fitness up. I also notice I am being more helpful without being asked to do so which I feel is an essential part of training I am starting to live up to.

― Mother Teresa

"Look to the future and your eyes cannot shut. Look to the past and you can't open them. Live in the moment, and you can blink."

• Tai-Da Vrikaurvan

Loyalty to the Jedi Code

As a Jedi the code is the most fundamental foundation of a Jedi next to the Force. A Jedi is bound to the code and are loyal to the code. Whilst some codes differ in how they are written and interpreted each code remains in the spirit of the original code. The code outlines key concepts and ideals that a Jedi are bound to live by and are exercised in the actions a Jedi will take in any given situation. It forms the foundation of the state of being of a Jedi.

Depending on which community or order you are a part of the rules and restrictions of the code can differ on each order expecting different ways in which the code should be used and lived by. As an Individual it is important to not only understand the code but rather accept the code as something you can honestly live by. The code is that individual creed that you follow not because you are told to but because you want to live by and integrate it into your life. A Jedi should always keep the code in mind during day to day life and use the code in the situations and experiences that apply. Personally I see the code as guided rules for how a Jedi should behave and operate and following this code is important as it does not just represent you as a Jedi but represents the Jedi path as you understand it.

The code underlies the standard in which Jedi should live by and uphold as part of their duty as a Jedi. The code is something a Jedi should commit to as well as accepting. Each line has an important part to play in the making and action of a Jedi and loyalty to that commitment is essential. The code is more than a reference for action but also a guideline to how the Jedi’s state of being should strive to become.

― Mother Teresa

• Tai-Da Vrikaurvan

Duty of Service

It is a Jedi’s duty to actively be of service to others and in many ways defines what a Jedi is. This service extends to different reaches depending on the Jedi as some have more time to devote to service than other. Careers such as the military or doctors are an extension of that service however that doesn’t mean Jedi has to make a career out of this principle. A Jedi uses their talents and strengths to be of service as part of their duty however simple acts of kindness are just as important. Not everyone has the time to devote to more permanent service and so helping out when they can is just fine. A Jedi should follow the Jedi path not just for self-progression and development but also to train their skills that can be used to better the community they are within. This service also extends to the Jedi communities as well.

Part of the Jedi mind-set is to be of help not for reward but to fulfil the duty of what it means to be a Jedi and strive to act selflessly. This service can extend as far as a Jedi is willing to go with it but there is no requirement to go to extreme lengths. Helping and old woman across the road is just as much service as preventing a bank robbery. With this duty of service a Jedi should strive to hone their skills and learn new skills in which can apply to real life service. Learning first aid for emergencies or survival skills can be made useful in certain situations in which they may be needed. A Jedi also should strive to be of service to the Jedi communities and helping them develop. Taking on an apprentice, helping an order develop, helping the development of new courses are all acts of service that Jedi should consider.

Being of service not only helps make the world around you a little brighter but also opens up new doorways to experience. One day you may put your skills to use and find that you experience something to further develop in your path. You might discover new things about yourself and uncover new interests. It is understandable that being of service has its restrictions as family, work and the traffic of life can take up a lot of time and attention but making that small space to put yourself forward can make the world of difference. While Jedi are not expected to go to great lengths every little helps and all service no matter how small it may be can make the world that little bit brighter.

― Mother Teresa

• Tai-Da Vrikaurvan

30/10/2014

Today has been a good day. A productive morning and afternoon of training and study. I did my morning routine as usual and finished my theory of the Jedi code. I took my masters advice in not sticking around on the concepts I already know for too long so I decided to finish my work on the Jedi code and implement it and move on. I do not feel I am lacking in the code and I feel ready to continue with the IJRS Jedi studies course which will aid me on my current work on Jedi philosophy. I managed a few meditations this afternoon with the visualisation of the still pond which is turning into a very useful technique. I find myself maintaining my calmness throughout the day even if it starts to get stressful.

Today I focused on two parts of a previous lesson I wanted to go over which was loyalty to the Jedi code and duty of service which was introduced to me through the Jedi Studies course at the IJRS. The duty of service inspired me to start doing more for the community and for people and so now I have taken more action to fulfilling that duty. I have attempted to start a charity group called Christmas Service for the homeless which aims to create small boxes of foods, drinks and other gifts that can make the homeless have a better Christmas than they might have had. It is not much but it is a service in which I am sure they will appreciate and it also brings other Jedi together to have a thought for those less fortunate than us at Christmas time. With two months until Christmas this gives enough time to build up the group and exchange ideas on what we can put in those boxes, I don’t expect they will be given out until late December as I want to make it as close to Christmas as possible so it comes across as a Christmas gift rather than just a gift. I want the less fortunate to enjoy Christmas that little bit more. I am also thinking of other ways in which I can serve my community.

Halloween is tomorrow and so I am looking forward to taking Molly out for her first time trick or treating. I remember when I was a little boy going out so I expect a little nostalgia. I’m not sure what I going to go as but I have a toy lightsaber lying around from my childhood so I could go as a Jedi. Molly is going as a witch and Melissa as a fairy so I am looking forward to a fun night.

Tomorrow I plan to start doing some physical exercise. I plan on doing some basic exercises when I wake up in the morning, some push ups, squats and sit ups just to start making progress with my fitness. I need to look out my sports gear so I can start going for a jog round the block and I have plenty of equipment to get some variety so I may start doing a little boxing again to act as a temporary fighting art until I choose a more suited martial art. My thoughts on martial arts are between Shaolin and Wing Chun but I could do a mix of the two. I will need to go deeper with this as at the moment I cannot afford to pay for a Martial Arts school so I may have to develop my own system at home with youtube videos and other resources. I know Master Wong from Wing Chun does videos often on how to do Wing Chun so that might be a good start.

― Mother Teresa

• Tai-Da Vrikaurvan

Respect for the Law

As a Jedi one of the fundamental parts to training is to be a role model for others as well as acting on the benefit of the world around us. Part of this responsibility is that of respecting and abiding by the law. While different countries laws can differ slightly the majority of the main laws remain the same maybe with small differences. A Jedi should be aware of the laws of the area they are in and abide by those laws at all times. The better the laws are understood the better a Jedi can act within that area. Some laws whilst seem like common sense have details that should be understood especial with matters such as self-defence, carrying weapons, defending property, and action in a first aid situation. These details provide clarity in a situation where you may be of use. It is ok to know some first aid but if you use first aid training in some countries without a valid first aid certificate it can land you in trouble with the law or the person could sue. Having a natural talent for defence or medical skills is an important part to the training of a Jedi but the responsibility in knowing how, when and if to use them reinforces that ability to help and be of service within the law.

Another aspect to respecting the law as a Jedi is to encourage others to also respect it. There are people out there who don’t follow the certain parts of the law and it is important to encourage them and advise them to as part of the responsibility in serving the people, but also to not make lift hard for them if they decide not to. There needs to be a balance between encouraging and advising one to follow the law but not to give them any choice as then you are also in the wrong.

Main British Laws

It is illegal to smoke in an enclosed public building.

It is illegal to purchase alcohol under the age of 18.

It is illegal to carry an open container of alcohol in a public place.

The age of sexual consent is 16.

It is illegal to purchase cigarettes under the age of 18.

It is illegal to be naked in public place.

Crack cocaine, cocaine, ecstasy, heroin, LSD, magic mushrooms, methadone, methamphetamine, Amphetamines, barbiturates, cannabis, codeine, ketamine, methylphenidate, synthetic cannabinoids, synthetic cathinones, Anabolic steroids, benzodiazepines, gamma hydroxybutyrate, gamma-butyrolactone, piperazines and khat are all illegal to use or be in possession of.

Incitement to racial hatred is a criminal offence.

It is illegal to carry a firearm.

Shotguns are legal to own as long as the owner has a permit.

Carrying a realistic-looking replica of firearms openly in public is illegal.

It is illegal to watch broadcast television without a licence.

Carrying a knife in public is illegal, unless it meets very specific criteria (the blade must be under 3″ and not fixed or automatic (i.e. it must fold out of the handle by being pulled on by the user)) unless the owner can prove they have a good reason for carrying it (e.g. their job).

It is illegal to purchase a knife under the age of 18.

Age to get a driving license for a car is 17; 16 for mopeds or small agricultural tractors.

It is illegal to drive without a license.

It is advised that any situation requiring first aid should have certified personnel if physical handling is needed.

A person who is attacked may defend himself but only to what is reasonably necessary.

If a property is trespassed and the trespasser is hostile reasonable force may be used.

― Mother Teresa

• Tai-Da Vrikaurvan

Defence

Defence is an important part to the Jedi path as it not only forms the warrior aspect of the Jedi but the diplomat. Defence for a Jedi is split between to forms, physical defence and non-physical defence. Physical defence or fighting is always the last resort for a Jedi and any situation that can be dissolved and solves without any hostility is will be done so diplomatically. Thus a Jedi must train themselves in a physical art such as self-defence or martial arts and develop the skills necessary to be diplomatic in potential hostile situations. The way in which a Jedi does this can vary as some may choose to take classes or train themselves. Regardless in the way or methods of these skills developing it is essential that a Jedi understands the need for these skills and how to apply them.

Jedi serve others and strive to be selfless. An argument breaks out on the street and someone may get hurt, most people will walk past and avoid. Most Jedi will feel it is their duty to try and dissolve the situation to prevent any harm being done. A Jedi does not seek trouble but rather responds when it arises. Understanding the physical art and how to use it can change a situation and in some cases save lives. The diplomatic art and skills will be able to dissolve the situation and the risks of a hostile outcome.

It is a Jedi’s responsibility to train themselves in these two forms and understand how they fit into different situations. Not all situations can be solved diplomatically and not all situations can be easily defended with martial arts. Knowing the height of a situation and having good judgment of a situation can be the difference of life and death. Martial arts are good for defence but if a bank is being robbed and hostages lives are on the line charging in isn’t going to help. Sometimes good judgment is letting the professional swats and police do the job. Defence is also about knowing what you can help with and when you should get professional help.

― Mother Teresa

• Tai-Da Vrikaurvan

Action

A Jedi is of service to others, trains in defence and diplomacy but an essential element to the training is action. A Jedi can have great defence and diplomacy skills as well as a calm state of being and awareness however without action these skills become partially useless. A Jedi trains in these elements for real life situations and in doing so requires a Jedi to be ready to take action. Actions are choices and it is a Jedi’s responsibility to have clear judgment in deciding when and how to act. Real life situations where these skills can be used can be dangerous and so an element of fear is natural. A Jedi in the moment of action must rise beyond that fear and trust in the Force. This trust is important and it comes from intuition and that feeling of knowing what needs to be done. A Jedi trusts in this and through clear judgment makes the best action possible. This must be understood as to make the wrong judgment can result in serious harm being done. Aside from defence and diplomacy a Jedi must exercise their awareness in their surroundings and know when service is needed. Having this awareness makes judgment of actions clearer and more thorough. Knowing when to lend a hand and when it isn’t necessary.

― Mother Teresa

• Tai-Da Vrikaurvan

31/10/2014

Today has been a productive and somewhat busy day. I had the morning to myself so after my morning routine exercises I decided to take a trip down to the river to do some meditation. It was windy but peaceful. I could feel myself connecting to the water, trees, rocks and wildlife almost instantly. I could feel the Force around me and within me. I had such intense feelings of being in harmony with the Force and my surroundings. I want to do this more often. When meditating I seem to stop judging my surroundings. The day was cold, strong winds but when I was meditating all that went away. Everything was just as it was. Not good or bad, just was. A very nice experience.

Being Halloween I was looking forward to taking Molly out for her first time. We got dressed up and we took to the streets to get a couple of houses. Unfortunately only one person answered and Molly didn’t seem to enjoy the experience. I felt disappointed for her and I didn’t want her to miss out on the fun that it can be. It seems where I live the Halloween tradition is long forgotten and not many people are bothering with it anymore. With my emotion coming in I stuck by the Jedi code and kept myself calm and at peace. I filled up Mollys plastic cauldron with some sweets and she was all happy which made me happy. I can feel her growing up quick and she is getting very good with walking.

After out Halloween night at an end I decided to move on with my study. I wrote up my lessons on the Law, defence and action and made sure I understood them before moving on. I feel I am making great progress with the Philosophy so tomorrow I am going to introduce a new Force exercise and technique to work with. My master Phoenix suggesting sensing and an exercise from New Energy Ways will be the foundation of the exercise with a little extra in there too.

My energy work is working a lot smoother and easier so I think it’s time to add something new into it and progress further in that aspect. I feel my work with the Jedi code and the application of it has been a great success and I have committed myself to the code and I am living by it to the tee. No further progress today on the charity service I plan on doing for Christmas but I do have a few ideas of what I am going to do on the day. I will just need to see how everything fits together.

― Mother Teresa

• Tai-Da Vrikaurvan

1/11/2014

Today has been a relaxing day. Usual morning routine and then did some housework. The house was a little chaotic so tidying up and organising things seemed like a good idea. I created a new blog today as the one I was using was disorganised and hard to navigate through so I decided to change that up a little. Went shopping with Melissa and what was supposed to be a short easy trip turned into a stressful what to buy for supper. First this and then no how about this and with not being able to make up her mind it got a little stressful but there is no emotion there is peace. Apart from that nothing of note happened today. I moved on with the next lesson on Jedi Philosophy which was benevolence from the Jedi Studies workbook, easy to grasp the concept so now it’s time to put it to use. A good start to the month ahead.

― Mother Teresa

Time to create page: 0.085 seconds