Zariah's training journal

• Zariah
  • Zariah's Avatar Topic Author
  • Adept
  • Thank you received: 28

Zariah created the topic: Zariah's training journal

Okay, so here it is :) . My training journal.

I really like this idea. It will be great to record experiences, doubts and fears and, in general, highlight experiences, so I don't forget them and, in the future, I can compare my point of view of things with the beliefs I had when I was 16 and, well, see how walking this Path has changed me. And that will be great.

So, here we go.

"Keep your thoughts positive, because your thoughts become your words.
Keep your words positive, because your words become your behaviour.
Keep your behaviour positive, because your behaviour becomes your habits.
Keep your habits positive, because your habits become your values.
Keep your values positive, because your values become your destiny."
-Mahatma Gandhi

"Don't ever feel bad about being extraordinary."
-Obi-Wan Kenobi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Zariah
  • Adept

Zariah replied the topic: Zariah's training journal

At Jax's request, I will start by posting the report on my Exchange trip to Denmark that she asked me to write. Thanks for the idea, Jax :meditate

About what seemed a simple school trip taught me

As you know, I’ve been on an exchange trip with Denmark from September 9 to September 16. It was organised by both my high-school and a nearby city’s high-school, and, to put it simply, has been just, both because Denmark is a really beautiful country and because Danish people were just fantastic. And my Danish family and exchange student were just lovely.

It’s difficult to write down all the things I’ve learned during this trip, mostly because it is difficult to remember all of them, but I’ll sum them up as best as I can.

One of the biggest problems of living in a small city is that it is really difficult to get to meet new people, as the people you see in the afternoons when you walk around the town are the same people you’ve seen that morning at school, and mostly the same people you’ve studying with since you were five. So this kind of trips where two schools from two different cities work together are really good for that.
During this trip, I’ve met a lot of people, some of them really annoying (to say it lightly), some of them nice, although we weren’t each other’s type, and some of them just great. Also, there was a group of chonis who refused to speak with the rest of the world more than three minutes (sorry, no translation available for “choni”, but you can google it up if you want, and, by the way, laugh a little bit, although they are funnier to see in person. To put it simply, they are reggae-lovers and great fans of leopard pattern, mountain-size buns in the top of their heads, red lipstick, gigantic earrings and bad words), and that was really weird.
One of those people I met turned to be a really interesting person and, as I said in my last post, we’ve become great friends. Although apparently we didn’t have much in common, then we found that we shared two important things: our thirst of knowledge, in any size, shape and colour, and our complete lack of prejudices. So, for the first time in my life, I could speak with someone about, for example, religious beliefs, abortion or euthanasia without ending in a civil war. We realised that even if our points of view of some things were practically opposite, we could still learn a lot from each other. I think that we helped each other in a lot of ways, and, as I said in my last post, that was simply great.

One thing I’ve learned during this trip has been to never judged a person by his/her appeareance, because who he really is, his true motives and values, can (and most probably, will) surprise you. I’ve always believed that, but this was the clearest example I’ve ever had:
We were having a History class when (I don’t remember why), the teacher just stopped and asked this question: which one do you think it is more important to be able to reach happiness, love, money or health?
We stayed silent, because we actually didn’t know what to answer. And, suddenly, one of those chonis I’ve spoken before (who actually aren’t great fans of using their heads for something more that carrying their buns) answered. She said “Wisdom”.
Wisdom? What? The teacher asked her why. And she answered: “Because only a wise person can be able to manage and appreciate them.”
And we were just awed, because that was something very, very wise, and we actually weren’t expecting that from her.
So, point taken.

I learned other things, too. When we arrived to Aarhus, the city where our Danish students lived (we spent the first two days of the trip in Copenhagen, and the rest of them, in Aarhus), we took some classes with them during the next days. And we were really surprised because the students could use their mobile phones, laptops and tablets in class, and they could eat and drink while the teacher was explaining the lesson or just stand up and go to the toilet whenever they wanted to. I don’t know how does school work in the United States, but it doesn’t work like that in Spain. We aren’t allowed to bring electronic items to school, and if we bring them, they have to be turned off. And, of course, we can’t just eat in class or go to the toilet if we want to. So we were really surprised.
But the really amazing thing was how they managed that freedom. In Spain, if suddenly the teachers let us use our mobile phones in the middle of the class or bring our laptops to school, almost 99% of the class would be instantly sending text messages or checking their Facebook or listening to music and, of course, not paying attention to the teacher. But the only thing Danish students did was checking the time in their mobile phones and taking notes in their computers, they were 100% concentrated on the lesson. No music or Facebook or YouTube anywhere.
And that was kind of a revelation for me: sometimes, the only thing we get with prohibitions and harsh rules is people trying to get pass those prohibitions each time they can. If you give people freedom, with time they will find their definitions of Right and Wrong and the strength to do what’s better for them and the rest of the world. Without imposing anything, just but themselves. Which means we can only find wisdom, we can only discover how to act wisely if they give us the chance to be wrong. And that’s what learning really is.

But, perhaps, the most surprising thing for me was their culture and their way to see life and each’s person place in society. It was based completely in trust and generosity. Nobody check you in the bus or train to see if you have bought your ticked, they assume you have bought it because that’s the right thing to do. They leave their bikes in the street without a lock, and they don’t lock their houses, because they know everybody’s better than to steal something. They are almost no poor people in Denmark because almost every person willingly donates part of his salary to especial organisations. Everybody. And by themselves, because they feel that’s the right thing to do. There was no racism, no religious prejudices, no indoctrination. Not just tolerance, but respect, and acceptance and encouragement of uniqueness and individuality. And it was amazing. It is a pity we aren’t like that in the rest of the world.
Education and the health service are completely free, it doesn’t matter if you are young or old, employed or unemployed, Danish or from another country. They pay the students for studying (in University and higher education) because they believe they are doing an effort that should be rewarded. In Spain, we have to pay lots of money to study in the University. There, University was free, and the Estate paid the students so they could emancipate from their parents and build their own lives without having to stop studying.

It was a culture very different from ours, but I truly admire Danish people for the way they’ve constructed their society, the values they based it on. I hope that, some day, the rest of the countries will work like that, that they realise that that’s the way society should be organised. That society should not be based on desire of power and wealth, inequality, indoctrination an inequality, but in trust, love, acceptance, desire of knowledge, justice and compassion.

So, as you can see, I’ve learned a lot of things during this trip. And this is only what I can remember, there will probably be a lot more of them. And I’ve just realised I’ve learned another thing: that sometimes you can learn the greatest truths for the most unexpected things. And this entire assingment has been more helpful than I had expected, as it has made me realise that I had learned more things that I wasn actually aware of. So, again,

:thanks

-Mahatma Gandhi

-Obi-Wan Kenobi

The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake, Jax

• Zariah
  • Adept

Zariah replied the topic: Zariah's training journal

I have just checked my calendar and realised that November has already started. And that made me think two things: first, "man, time flies", and, second "when was the last time I posted something in the IRJS? One month?! What?! People must think I am dead!! I think it would be a good idea to stop by and say hello". So I quickly turned my computer on and... here I am!

I apologise for the delay. It has been AGES since the last time I posted something here, and that's really bad :sick: But, mistakes doesn't matter if you learn something from them, so I've made a promise to myself: I will post a summary of my daily life every single week (10 days in case I'm lost under an unending mountain of books). No delay, no excuses. Promise.

Even if I haven't post anything, I've been working in my Jedi Studies Workbook. I have finished one more lesson, but I won't post it until I have found a solution to the problems I have with tolerance and allowance. I have been thinking a lot about what Jax said about my problems with non-tolerant people in my Jedi Studies journal. I'm giving myself time so I can be more aware of my feelings, what causes them and how do I react to them, because, to be honest, I'm a little bit confused :S . I haven’t posted this in my JS journal because, for some reason, I can’t write more than 50 words there from my phone, and my computer has (finally) died. I’ll try to work that out.

So, here it goes my first summary.
First of all, I know I owe you a summary of a movie I watched recently (well, "recently"... actually, one month and a half ago...), but I prefer to wait until I have enough time to write down my thoughts calmly without being stressed by exams. I also want to find a short clip from the film to post it here (if it is possible), because I really liked it.

These last month has been completely chaotic for various reasons.
1.-As I said before, time flies and sometimes quicker than it should.
2.-A friend's father had a terrible accident. The man is also my friend, I mean, I know him since I was very young, and so all that affair has been really exhausting for me.
3.-My teachers can be very evil and ask us to work a lot more than our brains can manage.
4.-Some "really interesting" family problems, which luckily are already solved.

There are some things I have learned during this month:
First of all, you never should trust your eyes when you judge people, but your heart, because reality can surprise you. This one goes because of a guy in my Math class, who looks just like the typical "I-don't-care-about-anything-including-you-(the teacher)-the-school-and-your-stupid-subject" and who turned to be a really, really intelligent and nice boy who loves Maths and Physics (like me!). If it weren't because we both volunteered to do some really difficult demonstrations (I don't know if that's correct) in Maths class, I wouldn’t' have discovered that side of him. So, lesson learned: don't ever dare to misjudge people, they deserve more than that.

In second place: don't judge anybody's decisions or behaviour without knowing their true motives. This goes for a not-so-little problem I had with a girl in my class, which I'll tell you about another day.

Third lesson: thanks to the Jedi Code and a huge amount of patience and will, I have taken another few more steps towards being able to find my calm centre in the middle of the storm. My friend and I were together when her mother phoned her to tell her she was hurrying to the hospital with her father and, even if all I wanted was to freak out, I stayed calm and centred my efforts in trying to calm down my friend. I also discovered how powerful energy can be. I don’t know if it is energy or something else, but anyway. I was trying to calm down my friend, who was crying in a way she was totally tearing my heart apart, and I was feeling really bad because there was nothing I could do for her. I mean, I know from experience you should never tell someone “Don’t worry, everything is going to be alright” when there is a possibility (even the smallest one) of everything going very, very, very wrong. Her father had just had a really serious car accident, I wasn’t going to give her false hope, because I knew also from experience that when you are so shocked and sad and disheartened you can believe everything people tells you as long as it means hope. So, I didn’t know what to say. So, I decided I wasn’t going to tell her empty words and, instead, put a hand on her shoulder. And I kind if imagined a river of soothing, relaxing and comforting energy going from my heart, through my arm, to her body, soothing the pain and calming her down. I could almost visualize it, like a kind of warm river of white, calm light. And, slowly, she began to calm down. And then she looked me in the eye and I felt that, somehow, I had helped her, and that humbled me but also made me very happy. Is that something related to healing techniques or something like that? It was a really magical experience.
And I also have a question. I don’t know if someone will be able to answer it, but anyway. My sister is sick now, she has like some kind of mild flu. Before she started having fever, I could feel something strange coming from her, like some kind of negative energy. Instinctively, I tried not to be near her. I felt like if something was trying to sneak into my body. Something that would harm me. It was a little bit scary. And the problem is I don’t know how to protect myself from that negative energy. My body instinctively asks me to rise like some kind of energy barriers or something like that, but I’m not able to do so. I feel like if I had some kind of blockade in my mind which doesn’t allow me to reach and manage the energy properly. Does that make any sense? I don’t not if I’m imagining all those thing, or if the blockade actually exists. In that case, has it been always there or is it something new? If it is new, why did it appear? If it has been always there, why haven’t I noticed it before? I’ve been feeling strange for some time. Does anything make sense? I feel very confused.

And now, it is time to go, because it is nearly 23 40 here in Spain and tomorrow I have to wake up at 7 00. I have a presentation to do in my English class, and my brain should be awake by then so… I think I’ll better be going to sleep. Have a nice week and may the Force be with you!
:thanks

-Mahatma Gandhi

-Obi-Wan Kenobi

• Thank you received: 1848

Jax replied the topic: Zariah's training journal

Are you using the Tapatalk app, or trying to access the site through your mobile browser? I haven't had any problems with the Tapatalk app, which is free and quite useful. You can always try emailing me, as I'm curious what you are struggling with, and there is plenty we can discuss to help you along.

Yes, healing starts simply as an intention which moves energy. Your intuition guided you to what would be helpful for her. Well done!

To protect yourself from outside entities, first recognize that you are powerful. The entity is not more powerful than you, unless you believe it is. Then yes, you can use your intention to imagine a very strong field around you that keeps out all malevolent energies. Also, you can very simply request most benevolent outcomes for this. "I request a most benevolent outcome to be protected from malevolent energies and beings, and may the results be even greater than I can imagine or expect. Thank you." You already have protection around you, but it's quite likely they need to be asked to assist, unless you are in a high level of danger. So ask for the assistance from benevolent beings. Set your intention to not allow malevolent beings into you - remember that you have the power to do so. Keep your will strong, and then ask for your friend to be freed as well. This will be sufficient for now. If you want to learn more about shielding, there are threads on the forum for that. It gets pretty deep and may be beyond what you are comfortable with, so do not worry if it doesn't meet your needs. The new Force 101 course will address shielding and we'll provide any assistance to you in the meantime. instituteforjedirealiststudies.org/forum/32-esoterics/13137-shields-shielding

Before you go to sleep, practice imagining yourself surrounded by golden light. It will help you practice the technique and provide protection. Just remember, shields surround you so make sure you include below your feet, above your head, and around your back. ;-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zariah

• Thank you received: 80

Taijibum replied the topic: Re:Zariah's training journal

Tapatalk rules! I just got it a few days ago and I love it.

• Thank you received: 1848

Jax replied the topic: Re:Zariah's training journal

It's quite handy, especially when I actually remember to turn on the push notifications. ;-)

Time to create page: 0.084 seconds