baru's trainng journal 101

• Thank you received: 244

Baru created the topic: baru's trainng journal 101

so I will have two journals - one for reporting on my training and assignments - this one. and the one for reporting my IP - the IP journal. I think this will help keep things clear.

We are the Force.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Baru replied the topic: baru's trainng journal 101

"one" and "oneness" meditation

5 minute meditation

Mindfulness - empty thought meditation.

We are the Force.

Force - Meditation

(( i agree that these seem to happen together. I can connect and touch the Force via meditation. Do I have to distinguish them or can they count for both?))

Empty - mind, Focused mind,
Into the emptiness and the blackness meditation

I had a wonderful 20 minute deep meditation that took me into my body in ways that I have yet to feel. I was doing receiving an attunement. As my server moved from one spot to the next, I felt each "chakra" - gland - open up. My 6th chakra is the most intense with the most pressure. As I write this, it awakened. I as think about this moment, my chakras are re-stimulated.
then my heart opened with heat, tension and pressure. it felt/feel like a thick ball of energy on the edge of my chest. part inside and partly outside. its intense. Then the others lit up.

My partner - the server - commented on feeling the exact same things. She was able to feel and describe what i was feeling. She also noted that she was having "thoughts" and "no thoughts" throughout the session.

I was half and half today. I was almost completely empty and simply "being" with the process. it was wonderful. The could be considered a "Cut off the head" mediation. This will be the only and last time that I write those words in this context for I do not like them nor do I want to perpetuate that "thought".

Thoughts came in. I entertained them for a moment, and then I returned to the blackness.

I was avoiding riding the thoughts. I wanted to avoid "visualizations". I wanted to be completely blank - black. I am the "still waters" of the mind upon the wind moves.

Today was an intense session that I am still feeling as I write this.

We are the Force.

Force - Meditation

A oneness experience
a radiation practice
exploring the "unified" and the "living" Force simultaneously. I wonder why people made them separate. Yes, I can imagine times to see them as different, but when I am feeling the Oneness of all beings, I do not get the need for differentiation. I could see talking about these two aspects of the force usual for "instructional" purposes. To help initiates to see or connect with one or the other - to start.

I was at a musical performance this weekend. The person performing has "stage fright" and gets very nervous. The last time Person performed - person got up and left in the middle of the song. So months later, Person is trying it again.

I could tell by person's face and sound that there was tension and fear. I could feel the audience feeling the performance. I choose to radiate support, love and encouragement to this person. I could feel those around me doing the same. I could feel the tension in the room growing. Everyone wanted person to succeed. Everyone wanted to hear this song. With each note, and "mistake" the tension grew. This was the most "tense" and "pressure filled" performance ever - for all of the correct reason.

the performance continued. note after note, Person got more confident and relaxed. I could feel person trusting self and surrendering to the music. letting the music do its thing. Trusting all of the training and rehearsing from before. I could feel it all coming together. A smile came over person's face. The music picked up. The song sang out into the room. People leaned in and held the pressure of success. The room was one in the music. the room wanted this song to be born into manifest.

Wow, this was an amazing time.

We are the Force.

• Kol Drake
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com
  • Thank you received: 1920

Kol Drake replied the topic: baru's trainng journal 101

Folks like to break things down to 'better understand'. Sometimes it makes sense; other times it can lead to forgetting the original intent and object of study... the Force in ALL it's aspects. Brandel spoke much more eloquently on it over on his post on "Force Neutral".

Music... gotta love mathematics in action!
And, very good noticing the 'energy of the room' and the interaction of the audience. Good vibes = good times. B)

• Thank you received: 75

zen-ryo senshi replied the topic: baru's trainng journal 101

It sounded, in one of the above posts, like you were asking if one meditation could serve for both your Force assignment and your Meditation assignment (though it's possible I misunderstood). Personally I would like to say, "no." The two classes are trying to teach and focus on two different things and for class purposes, I would like you to give attention to them separately. They do blend well and once you have finished the courses, I would like to hear about your experiences in combining them. But for now, I would like your meditation lessons to focus on clearing the mind of feelings, emotions, and experiences. Don't worry about chakras and don't worry about feeling the energy flow or feeling the force. Of course, feel free to reflect and report on your experiences after each meditation, but make sure you are not exploring, but instead letting go, during your meditation exercises.

If I speak from a good motivation out of sincerity, respect, and love for others, my actions are good, virtuous. If I act from a motivation of pride, hatred, criticism, and so forth, then my verbal and physical actions become nonvirtuous.

- 14th Dalai Lama

I will try to keep them separate. When I meditate I feel that connection to spirit and the Force.

When I let go, I feel....
I create the void and the waters rush in.
I create the void so the Force can fill me. instead of thinking - I am receiving. it is an amazing place to be.

I think sticking to a standard "meditation" response will be harder than trying to put what I am experiencing into words. I will do my best.

We are the Force.

• Thank you received: 75

zen-ryo senshi replied the topic: baru's trainng journal 101

We are in an area that is hard to express well in words. I don't want you to stick to the "correct" meditation responses. I do want you to explain what you experience during your meditations, even if they were not the anticipated experience - perhaps especially if they were not the anticipated experience. But I want you to be careful not to explore those things during your meditation exercises. During Force meditations you might actually actively explore some of those things during the exercises. But during your meditation exercises, I want you to avoid exploring them until after the exercise is complete - then feel free to explore them and write about them separately from the actual exercise.

If I speak from a good motivation out of sincerity, respect, and love for others, my actions are good, virtuous. If I act from a motivation of pride, hatred, criticism, and so forth, then my verbal and physical actions become nonvirtuous.

- 14th Dalai Lama

Meditation.

I will do my best to separate my "force" sensing and a traditional mediation practice. I will do my best to either stick to an "empty mind" style meditation and/or to the guidelines of the meditation.

Last nights meditation -
I am getting better at clearing my mind. the Thoughts are still coming up but I can more easily return to the blackness and the stillness that I refer to as the empty mind. My body felt light and "non-existent". My spirit stayed in the blackness - I simply surrendered to the presense of being. My heart was calm and still. Love and appreciation radiated out of me.

I do like to describe my meditations as scuba diving in the deep of the ocean. feeling the cool pressure holding my form with nothing around me for my mind to connect to. Floating in space while held by the Earth. Only the sound of my breathing to keep me company and remind me that I am still "human" and material.

We are the Force.

force - Lecture 6 - Intuition

Journal: Describe an incident where you should have trusted
your intuition but did not and the
ramifications of that situation. Do the same for a situation where you did trust your intuition and the
ramifications occurring because of that. Describe the differences in the feelings of those two events

I love my intuition and I find it is accurate at least 90% of the time. I find that I get "hurt" when I ignore my intuition. I can get hurt in so many ways when I ignore those little feelings that warn me or guide me into knowing something.

An example of this is, when sending an email that I just wrote. I get the big hit that I should not send it and I hit send anyway. And then, when I come back to the email account, it does not show as sent - its a draft. The computer did not send it and then I edited it a little and resent it. Just to get an ear full later and have to back peddle from the entire experience. I know I was in the wrong when I was writing. My computer or email knew it was wrong for me to send it and I ignored all of those "hints" and sent it anyway because I thought in that moment - I was correct.

Just because I followed my intuition does not mean I was reworded for it. Some times following your/my initiation leads to a tough place too. While out back country skiing I had an intuition that my friend was in trouble. I did not know why but I felt that he was in trouble. When people skied past me - I asked him if they saw my friend and they all - all of them - say "no. We did not pass anyone like that." But I knew something was up so I went looking for them. I found them in a snow cave - just off the trail. I help him - nursed him back to healthy and I lead him out to safety, only to have him be made at me for not trying to find him early and for leaving him out there. So I trusted my intuition despite all the external signs saying "all is well" and I got "punished" for it by loosing a good friend.

I believe they felt the same. It was a tingling sensation in the back of my mind saying "this is not correct", "This is not accurate". I felt that it was something telling me to do or not do what I was thinking about. I felt it was a guidance system that was beyond my comprehension giving me some good advice.

We are the Force.

Time to create page: 0.120 seconds