baru's integrative Practice

• Connor
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Look for the bare necessities
  • Thank you received: 529

Connor replied the topic: baru's integrative Practice

I taught at the gathering - does that count for volunteer work?

Yes. Serving the Jedi Community is part of volunteering. :)

Also, I think you are definitely good on counting those hours from ANY point after you got to IJRS and started the Intro course.

The main thing is this: Please try to journal your experiences. A short reflection on each activity, even just 100 words, can really help us when preparing your exam. We trust you because we know you, as a faculty. But, having a record of your IPhours will serve us all in the long run.

An example would be like the book reviews. What you thought about them, and how they helped you become a Jedi.
Some might be self-explanatory, like the medical on call hours. When it is THAT obvious, just keeping a record of what you did would be sufficient. Like: "I spent an hour doing an energy healing for Person X." Or, "I spent 20 minutes mending and bandaging up a laceration".

For the ones that are more out of the ordinary.. you might explain how it relates to your training.
Like, Attunement. Some faculty don't know what that is (I do, and anybody who has been to Sunrise knows). For the benefit of those faculty, you might explain a little about what Attunement is. Then, show how it relates to your Jedi training. Doesn't have to be long... 200-500 words total.

At some point, counting hours is really moot.. I know some of the faculty have cleared well over 1000-1500 hours of IPH. I don't even try and count anymore... I just do. hahah. So, once you get to 500 (don't stop now), you can relax on the counting and focus more on the doing and journaling things that are especially meaningful to you.

House Rules: The only rules are Paradox, Humor, and Change.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 239

Baru replied the topic: baru's integrative Practice

this helps.

concern: Medical issues - I must honor confidentiality so writing a journal entry about something that is private and I must keep confidential is difficult. How do you suggest working with this?

We are the Force.

• Connor
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Look for the bare necessities
  • Thank you received: 529

Connor replied the topic: baru's integrative Practice

Are you forbidden from talking about it in any capacity? Could you talk about Person X or Person Y using those pseudonyms? If not, then you could say something as basic as:

I did a procedure that required me to do X, Y, and Z. Not even mentioning a person at all. But, rather, focusing on how it made YOU feel as a Jedi. Focus on how you reacted to a high pressure situation (say if you walked into a room with a bunch of blood everywhere... and, you were able to breath and remain calm through the situation). Focus on your techniques "I did this procedure to the best of my ability, and I felt it was successful".

There are a lot of directions to take it. We do not doubt your medical abilities, so even just saying: 3 hours of medical calls... that would be enough. Then, you could talk about how you handled the situations (as above) rather than getting into confidential details.

Be as specific or as vague as you feel you need to be. :) We are totally understanding of all that.

House Rules: The only rules are Paradox, Humor, and Change.

Attunement is "jedi healing" like in the games. It is an energy practice that simply reminds you that you can heal yourself. This helps prime the "energy" pumps that might be slow, blocked or dormant. Everyone benefits from the work.

For me this is a practice of centering oneself and connecting with the Force. This is a channeled energy that benefits all that receive it or take part in it. I like to visualized my sell as a "pillar" connected to the force and grounded in the earth. Similar to sucking gas out of a gas-tank or priming a pump for water, the conscious effort of using my enegry to be like a magnet, I can connect with the receiver's energy to create the needed "pressure" to invite the energy to rise up and flow.

Attunement is a form of energy medicine originally developed by Lloyd Arthur Meeker (1907 – 1954) and his colleagues.[1] Meeker taught and practiced Attunement as a central feature of his spiritual teaching and ministry, Emissaries of Divine Light.[2] Attunement is taught as a personal spiritual practice and as a healing modality offered through the hands.[3] Emissaries of Divine Light believe that Attunement is a pivotal factor in the conscious evolution of humanity.[4]

Like Qigong, Reiki and Therapeutic touch Attunement is a putative practice as defined by the United States National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health (NCCIH), lacking published scientific study of its effectiveness.[5] Attunement practitioners and clients rely on personal and anecdotal experience to confirm its validity.

Attunement allows access to internal self-healing using the endocrine system. The goal is to align body, mind and heart with the forces of life from Source. It’s been likened to Reiki or Healing Touch™ in that it increases the flow of life-giving energy through the body into the world. Practitioners help their clients overcome obstacles by supporting healing and well-being. The practice is spiritually based, but there is no religious affiliation.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attunement

We are the Force.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake

• Thank you received: 1834

Jax replied the topic: baru's integrative Practice

Yes, teaching counts. You will have more than enough hours rather soon so no worries. :-)

Thank you, will all my life shifts I am doing what I can to stay on top of my studies.

We are the Force.

volunteering - dish focus for Arise Music Festival. I will be focusing all of the volunteers for the dish shifts. we will be serving over 350 people in four days with three shifts a day. I will be coordinating around 12 people per shift. and the shifts are about 4 hours each.

I should be donating around 24 + hours to this.

We are the Force.

• Thank you received: 1834

Jax replied the topic: baru's integrative Practice

Good luck! Sounds to be a bit hectic.

creating podcasts - sharing the word about practical spirituality.

We are the Force.

giving a sermon on TOTJO on aug 22.

We are the Force.

Time to create page: 0.090 seconds