StormyKat's Training Journal

• Katie (StormyKat)
  • Katie (StormyKat)'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 453

Katie (StormyKat) replied the topic: StormyKat's Training Journal

I really want to go play on the swings now. I wish I had a swing I could play on. *focus Katie! FOCUS!*
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Katie (StormyKat)

I took my first yoga class today. Somehow I thought it would be different.... journaled about it over on my blog. [url=http://http://adventuresinkatieland.wordpress.com/2014/08/31/first-yoga-class/]Yoga Class Blog[/url]
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake

• Thank you received: 1747

Jax replied the topic: StormyKat's Training Journal

You're an empath and you pick up on a lot of stuff. Your tool, every day, needs to start with this.

"Who does this belong to?"
Let the energy of the answer come up, though you may occasionally get an answer of a specific person. If you don't feel energy coming up, you can then ask:
"Myself?" Pause to feel energy
"Someone else?" Pause to feel energy
"Something else?" Pause to feel energy
Which of those three felt more expansive or light, or like something 'turned on' with you? That is your answer. Even if you feel light on it being yours, I guarantee you are picking up on other people's 'stuff'. For anything that isn't yours, simply set your intention to return to sender, with a little consciousness attached. This doesn't harm them, and it might help them become aware of what they are doing as well. Now, take a deep breath and make sure you aren't trying to hold onto any of that 'stuff'. By the way, if the answer is 'something else', that is typically the earth, so you want to send all that energy into the earth. Again, it doesn't cause harm, the anger is simply our way of interpreting the energy.

Do this with everything, as often as you can, and you will start to clear up quickly. If it keeps sticking, let me know. There are lots of other questions. Often anger is a response to a lie, either in your world or in someone else's. It often dissipates just by realizing that the anger is telling you of that lie. But there's a lot of variables that I don't want to go into now. Return to sender will clear up a lot of things.

And don't do damage with the trailer, just call the cops again. ;-)

• Katie (StormyKat)

So I tried this tonight. I found that I couldn't get out of my own way. I asked Does this energy belong to me? And all I got was my head saying yes/no at the same time. I couldn't feel the energy. I may have been getting a slight "no" but it is hard to say for sure. I was still feeling all flustered and stressed from my crazy day. (The day after a holiday SUCKS at vets offices by the way).

Any suggestions for calming the mind enough to get it out of the way when feeling highly emotional?

Jax replied the topic: Re:StormyKat's Training Journal

Your mind isn't required. Tell it thank you. Then just return to sender anyway. That might start to clear things. My head likes to get in the way by giving me no answers. Lol so i just return to sender and feel it lighten. I forgot about thanking my brain for its input until now actually. I picked up that trick from something else. Also try shifting your awareness to your body instead of your head. Do the expansion exercise then ask again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - Please forgive typos

• Kol Drake
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com
  • Thank you received: 1746

Kol Drake replied the topic: Re:StormyKat's Training Journal

One of the many 'mind games' (from the book and other sources) is to take a nice, ordinary rock from the yard. The 'game' was for a circle to send/put all their negative energy (stress, etc.) into the rock until it was full and then put the rock into running water to 'cleanse' the rock / release the energy into the water.

Some use regular water in a bowl or pot; some use salt water (or salted water). Some took the rock out into the noon day sun to have solar 'burn it clean'. Some put it out at night to grab solar (soothing) energy.

The other half of the 'game' was to then take the cleansed rock and put all 'happy energy' into it. You can then leave it around until you need to 'unload' again.

Maybe 'unloading' with a rock of choice can help you be less stressed before doing other energy work?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jax

• Katie (StormyKat)

I tried letting go of energy again. On my lunch break yesterday (when I was already stressed from traffic and work) I parked my car in front of a store in a little independent store section of Chicago. There were two elderly men in front of the store, talking and complaining and being kinda disagreeable to each other. As I was walking past the store I noticed two hand written signs in the window. One said they should exchange a list of democratic politicians including the president, for an American hostage in Mexico. The second one as a very hatefilled rant about how Obama is a wanna be tyrant....blah blah blah. I read that sign and was immediately filled with anger. Partially because I disagree politically. I caught myself thinking, no, this energy is not based on my political beliefs. This anger comes from that letter and that little old man. It is not my energy. I did not accept that energy as I walked to pick up my food. I did not think or feel that energy when I wasted time poking through a store. I tried to release that energy when I came back to my car. I thought about it, said nope you are not mine I release you and go back with some consciousness. :lol:

I was quite proud of myself there. I find myself still having a hard time wrapping my brain around the whole energy works concepts so this is all really new and awkward for me...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake, Jax

• Kol Drake
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com
  • Thank you received: 1746

Kol Drake replied the topic: StormyKat's Training Journal

Good job noticing the 'negative vibes' -- that is a big step in being able to gaining control over your environment and self. While reading, I was thinking, "I wonder if there was a tree nearby she could have 'unloaded' with?" And then, the 'negative posted letters' reminded me of a subject I was looking back into earlier this week -- sigils.

Someone wrote the letter and maybe even made copies to post around the area... embueing each one with the negative vibes they were hoping to express in their rant. This is like dumping 'bad' into that rock I posted before. It can also be used for 'good' -- when someone writes a love letter to their sweetie -- filling it with ... well, love and good thoughts and vibes.

This is not unlike making a sigil... and oddly enough, not unlike modern advertising!
As Gordon put it over at Rune Soup --

Advertising relies on an understanding of how images work and how they work on the brain. Just changing a word or even a colour in an ad campaign would result in thousands of dollars profit for a client. The audience is rarely if ever aware they have been impacted in some way. And yet you think that you yourself are somehow never influenced.

It’s not as evil as it sounds. In fact, consciously filtering out sensory data is an evolutionary advantage. But you’re still absorbing it via ‘low attention processing’. As for your lack of individual awareness of being influenced, this is due to a psychological phenomenon called Third Person Perception: the belief that advertising affects other people more than you. If you don’t agree with it, put down your Starbucks coffee, tap your Converse sneaker angrily on the ground while you get out your iPad and use it to send me an angry gmail. More on this later.

Clearly, using images and words has a huge impact. Over the last thirty years, millions and millions of dollars have been spent trying to understand precisely what sort of impact visual stimuli have on the human brain; from violence in computer games to font choices in mortgage ads.

We can transmit 'good or ill' vibes with our mind and/or energy aura. We can also affect 'things' around us -- be it a picture, a letter, a pen, pencil, necklace, ring or even pets or people. As a Jedi in Training / Energy Aware Person, you will notice the ups and downs of things, places, and people. Some of the lessons here at the IJRS specifically touch on what to do to protect yourself but also ways to mitigate the 'bad' while enhancing the 'good'... and not having to get all technical or analytical but -- just that you will 'know' when you do it consistently.

You did a good job noticing the 'vibes' and more so noticing that it was not 'you' but other 'stuff' which triggered the notice.
Good job.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Katie (StormyKat)

Jax replied the topic: Re:StormyKat's Training Journal

Living as an energy being instead of just a physical being is a big shift. You have new energetic muscles to build, so to speak. You did very well though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - Please forgive typos
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake, Katie (StormyKat)

• Katie (StormyKat)

I took my second yoga class today. It was much different from the first, even though both were "all levels" Gentle Yoga. (You can read about my first experience on my blog

It was a different teacher this week. Also, the class was packed. This week seemed much less physical, it was more about stretching, calming the mind and opening the body. We did different poses than the first week, and did some prayer and energy work as well. When I left class I wasn't feeling like I had worked my body very much but I was calm and peaceful. The awkward feelings from my first time were gone. Partially this was due to less whole body work and more with stretching. We did the Warrior pose, which I already know, and we did lots of shoulder and arm stretches, something that doesn't require a lot of movement. Additionally, because the class was packed there was a high ratio of less than perfectly sculpted yogis in the room. It is much easier to be less self-conscious when there are other people in the room who are not seasoned yogis.

I don't know just how much I got out of this class actually. I was already feeling pretty calm when I went into class. That is one of the good things about Sundays, they are all about catching up on sleep and usually spent around the house. It is a great way to calm myself between Saturday and Monday work days. I will say there were a few times I felt my body stretching and at least once when I felt my spine stretch and my body open more. I am usually so closed--I hunch forward, shoulders slouched and arms crossed across my chest---it was interesting to feel my body being more open and relaxed.

I am curious to see what the rest of my yoga classes bring. I apparently misread my Groupon and it expires 30 days after activation, which means it expires on September 30, which in turn means I have 15 days to take 8 more classes. It is yoga every day that I am not working! I signed up for a bunch of different classes- Intro to Yoga, Gentle, Yin, Hatha 1 and Vinyasa 1. This should be interesting.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jax

Time to create page: 0.217 seconds