StormyKat's Training Journal

• Katie (StormyKat)
  • Katie (StormyKat)'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 459

Katie (StormyKat) replied the topic: StormyKat's Training Journal

That foot bath looks amazing. Simply amazing.

Also, for anyone looking to read my multiple posts in one easy to read post as originally intended you can visit my Wordpress Training Journal.
http://stormykatjeditraining.wordpress.com/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1347

Johannes (Yoshio) replied the topic: StormyKat's Training Journal

Aye, Stormykat, what You are writing about sound very familiar to me! It feels like we are going somehow through the same process!? Me too, I find it challenging to make use of my spare or private time after work. My normal day routine does look something like getting up at 0500 o’clock, doing some stretching and Qi-Gong work, getting on my bicycle and to the train station to make it into work, start work at 0730 o’clock and working till around 1700 o’clock, coming home at around 1830 o’clock and then starting wasting time by doing nothing of importance, keep pushing the moment till I really need to go to bed so that I’m at least able to do my morning thing. In this way I did became somewhat a professional in finding ‘excuses’ for why I’m not able to do something productive in the evening and instead doing something of no meaning.

Finally I decided now to break it down and start with my own ‘bedtime challenge’. Since a couple of days I keep track of when I get to bed and by doing so making myself aware of when I actually do and not assume when I think I did.
Beside that I already learned to keep a kind of daily ToDo list. This list, to not let it become overwhelming, I divided into two parts. One part is for all the things I want to do but not yet found the time for. The other part is the daily part. Here I do my best to not note down too many things as I found out that this is counterproductive for me. Instead of motivating myself through that I felt that too many points on it which normally resulted in that I needed to shift them to the next day caused me feeling bad. Nowadays I do my best to not have more than two or three things on my daily ToDo list. In this way it works with a double benefit for me. First I’m aware of what is really important that day and needs to get done and secondly, when I solved the points, it feels very good to me to tick them off from the list.
Right now my goal is to build a new habit to be in bed between 2100 to 2200 o’clock to get enough sleep. Once I achieved that, I do hope that I will have enough energy to deal with other stuff again better and more focused after work and not using so much time on ‘empty’ things.
Through this whole ongoing process Jax’s and Kol Drake’s inputs had been of real great help for me! So, hang in there, start little and progress step by step, that is, I feel, the way how we can take this opportunity to learn something (new) about us. ;)

Qui-Gon Jinn: "We cannot control our emotions, but we can decide how we go along with them."
Bujinkan Busshin Dojo - Wordpressblog
NerdFitness Profile
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake, Katie (StormyKat)

• Katie (StormyKat)

Yes Yoshio! It does sound like we are going through the same thing!

It is so easy to get stuck in the "do nothing" routine after work. There are days I come home and feel like...well like this :explode

Especially since my normal inclination is to keep different hours than what I have to keep when working. The last week or so I have been working hard at really keeping a schedule and going to bed at the same time, within an hour of when I would need to go to bed for work. I let myself sleep as long as I need on days off, but I still try to go to bed at the same time. This past week seems to have been better..though I don't know how much of that is the schedule and how much of that is simply the fact that I have had a lot of time off lately due to the July 4th Holiday here in the states (wooohoo 3 day weekend!)

My hope is that once I get better control over my schedule, get used to going to bed at certain times and am not constantly so tired, that I will have a little more energy in the evenings after work.

• Thank you received: 1774

Jax replied the topic: StormyKat's Training Journal

Many of us struggle with this. Modern life has it's own interesting challenges for sure.

I went to a presentation by a chinese medicine doctor. He taught about a foot bath that I found really effective (and yet, completely forget to use lately. lol) Take your warm to hot water, add epsom salt and white rice wine vinegar. You can get this in the grocery store actually in the asian section. These are the key components, but you can add a few drops of lavender oil to it and some baking soda if you have smelly feet like many people do. Or if you just like the bubbles (it's kinda fun, but it doesn't last which would be really fun!) Energetically, this foot bath draws the energy back down through the body. It pulls out excess energy. The salts cleanse your energy and helps to remove a lot of negativity. Do this a half hour or so before bed and you will start to sleep a lot better. You can get a cheap wash bin at walmart or something, so this isn't a very expensive pattern. And, it works better than a bath. While a bath is relaxing, it doesn't rebalance the energy as effectively because you don't have the difference in temperature and energy from head to foot.

Now, maybe by recommending this multiple times lately I'll remember to do it so I can sleep better. :-D
The following user(s) said Thank You: Katie (StormyKat)

• Katie (StormyKat)

I love that idea Jax. Now if I can just remember to gather everything the next time I am at the store.

• Katie (StormyKat)

A shortned version of my latest training journal. More in-depth can be found at my Wordpress Journey Towards Jedi

I feel amazing. Perhaps not as amazing as I did yesterday, when I originally intended to write this, but amazing all the same.

Sunday was a wonderful day for me; I felt more vibrant and alive that I have in a long time. I could feel joy and inspiration flowing through me. I treated myself to a movie date. I finally went to see How to Train Your Dragon 2, which I have wanted to see since I first heard about it last summer. I finally decided to go see it on my own. It was great. It was also a great treat for myself. I got to just go out and do something on my own terms.

On my way home I decided to stop by one of the many forest preserves in my area. I thought it might be a good place to go for a walk. This was a forest preserve I have driven by thousands of times but never actually stopped at. I was shocked to discover the walking trail. I live mere miles from O'Hare International Airport in Chicago, the second busiest airport in the nation. And right here, right in my own back yard (almost literally!) was the sylvan escape I have been dreaming of. I never would have dreamed of finding this: (there was supposed to be a picture of a beautiful forest here. Apparently the internet just doesn't like me today.)

mere miles from my house. It was such a great discovery.

Between the walk and the movie I felt like I was soaring. I spent the rest of the day reading and browsing the internet for children’s books to inspire some more writing and imagination in me. It felt like this is what life was supposed to be!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake

• Kol Drake
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com
  • Thank you received: 1766

Kol Drake replied the topic: StormyKat's Training Journal

Neat about finding a sylvan glade!

Now, just remember -- what works for training your dragon(s) does NOT work for cats. :P

• Thank you received: 1774

Jax replied the topic: StormyKat's Training Journal

I don't know....fish to encourage behavior. I think a few cats might enjoy that. ;-)

• Katie (StormyKat)

I have two questions for my fellow Jedi.

1. Do I post my essays for my PLP in my training journal? If so any tips on that, last time I tried to post something larger than maybe 50 characters I got an error message from the website.

2. How do I get those cool "in progress" or "completed" bubbles at the bottom of my profile?

3. Not a question, a comment. I changed the address and name of my blog. I'ts now Simply Katie http://adventuresinkatieland.wordpress.com/

• Thank you received: 1347

Johannes (Yoshio) replied the topic: StormyKat's Training Journal

As for your first question, I don’t have this problem of writing more than 50 characters so I cannot provide a direct help but what You could do is to ‘post’ your essays as an attachment, best in word format as most of us should be able to read that.

Those cool badges You can find via this link including a short ‘how to’. I hope it helps!?
Newly designed course badges

Qui-Gon Jinn: "We cannot control our emotions, but we can decide how we go along with them."
Bujinkan Busshin Dojo - Wordpressblog
NerdFitness Profile

Time to create page: 0.241 seconds