StormyKat's Training Journal

• Katie (StormyKat)
  • Katie (StormyKat)'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 453

Katie (StormyKat) created the topic: StormyKat's Training Journal

I started going through the Introductory Course today, so I will consider this my first day of training. I made it mostly through the Force Training section. I didn't do the meditation though because I needed the audio meditation and I was afraid I was going to fall asleep if I did. That's my problem with meditation, I either get relaxed enough to fall asleep or I can't calm my mind. Hopeful a guided audio meditation will work better for me.

It was a beautiful day weather wise--perfect temperatures, clear skies, lots of sun. After a cruddy, cruddy winter I jumped at the chance to just enjoy a nice day. Nice weather was a wonderful added bonus to my monthly Saturday off. I tried to take my bike out for the first time in ages. Of course once I got it off the hook and filled the tires up with air I realized the chain was broken/off the track. Will have to wait a while to get that fixed, as I just don't have the money. Finally gave in and took my mom's bike though. Just headed to the library to pick up an item I reserved. The library is too close for me to justify driving their unless I am on my way someplace else. It was too warm and for me to walk and that takes too long (I walk to slowly) so bike was my compromise. It was a wonderful feeling, being on a bike. The fresh air in my face, mobility you don't get in a car, feeling my muscles move. It was great. Other than the part where my hand went instantly numb (I have carpal tunnel or de Quervain's tenosynovitis which make my hands go numb in certain situations). Will have to see if it is any better with my brace.

So I did lots of wonderful things today. I biked, I read, I played with the cats, took a nap with the windows open, got airplane tickets for San Diego, sorted some things out with a friend, started Jedi training, relaxed and just generally enjoyed myself. It looked like it would be a great day. Then I tried to buy jeans. Checking with Old Navy via phone was a headache in itself, as was the whole shopping experience. What sticks with me though, and what is causing me to have a bit of a pitty party is the money.

I have approx $80 in my checking account right now. I needed jeans. I need shirts that are not t-shirts. I bought one pair of jeans and one $15 shirt. I spent approx $45 at Old Navy, which I put on my credit card. Added to the other expenses on my credit cards--a prescription that costs too much, Dad's birthday gift, the down payment for the hotel in San Diego--and the bills I have due at the start of the month, my next paycheck is already gone. I am so tired of living pay check to pay check and still depending on my parents to cover so much of my living expenses. Living is expensive these days, even if you keep yourself mostly to the basics. My mom offered to buy my jeans, which I appreciate more than i can say. I guess it would be my pride that gets in the way though. My parents do so much for me, cover most of my living expenses, yet I can't even afford a pair of jeans? I am almost 30 years old and still living off my parents (not through a lack of trying mind you!). It hurts. I am beyond grateful to my parents for all they do for me, however that doesn't lessen the sting of my pride and not being able to support myself.

Well this took over an hour to write. Even with interruptions didn't realize it was taking so long. *sigh* suppose its too late to start a movie. Oh well, tomorrow perhaps.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Connor
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Look for the bare necessities
  • Thank you received: 524

Connor replied the topic: StormyKat's Training Journal

With meditation, you aren't looking for relaxation. Meditation, in the case of using it for Jedi focus and such, should provide you with an awake, very "brilliant light" feeling. I would try maybe approaching it with that attitude and see if anything different happens!

Ask Jax for a process (she'll explain) you can run to help with your money situation! She's got some great tools to help with that.

House Rules: The only rules are Paradox, Humor, and Change.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Katie (StormyKat)

• Katie (StormyKat)

Katie (StormyKat) replied the topic: StormyKat's Training Journal

Day 2 of Training Journal. Because I need to build this habit up.

The day got off to a really, really slow start. I watched a movie I have been meaning to watch for months, then fell asleep again. When I finally got moving around 1:30 though, I did manage to make it a decent day. Went to Half-Priced Books, sold some books (best of all did not buy more books! Yay!). I managed to finally remember to recycle the ink cartridges and with that got a bunch of stuff out of the house and money in my pockets. I spent a good time just reading as well, which I haven't made enough time for lately.

Since I got a late start on my day everything else managed to get pushed back as well. Around 7:30 found the energy to pull out the Wii Fitness and exercise board. It was mighty dusty. I did 15 minutes, which is more exercise than I have gotten for most of the last two months. I also added something to the list of Things Sneakers is Irrationally Scared Of: Me exercising on the Wii board. My cat is goofy.

Did try my hand at the Emotional Intuitive meditation. I couldn't focus, my mind kept thinking about tomorrow's lunch and Doctor Who and writing this journal. So I will try again tomorrow. Or Tuesday, depending on work tomorrow. I might try my hand at the mental intuitive first though, I got equal scores for Mental and Emotional Intuitive. I know the packet says everyone has a bit of all the forms of intuition, but wondering if anyone else scored equal in two or more areas?

• Thank you received: 1332

Johannes (Yoshio) replied the topic: StormyKat's Training Journal

First of all I would like to ask You, if this is okay with You, to post your assignments to the Introduction course down in the ‘Training’ area at the ‘Academy Class Training Area’ which says ‘Introductory Course’.

As for your questions, yes and it is not as rare as someone might think. Although many of us do score highest in one of the different intuitive it often happens that one or two others are coming in close and that those often show the same result. Therefore and in more general terms we recommend to start out with the meditation for the intuitive with the highest result, but if this isn’t working someone should give the meditation for the second or even third highest rank a try. It also can be said that any of them has their time and, or situation in which meditating on the linked intuitive can be of help to clear the situation or at least calm down and refocus in it.

Qui-Gon Jinn: "We cannot control our emotions, but we can decide how we go along with them."
Bujinkan Busshin Dojo - Wordpressblog
NerdFitness Profile

• Thank you received: 1747

Jax replied the topic: StormyKat's Training Journal

Here is a direct link, in case it's still hard to find. instituteforjedirealiststudies.org/forum/71-introductory-course

As for money, I'd actually like you to start with this tool. Two or three times a day, repeat this phrase 10 times. "All of life comes to me with Ease, Joy, and Glory!" You can say it more if you'd like. ;-) I use it when I realize I'm getting 'heavy' and need to lighten up.

• Katie (StormyKat)

Oh, sorry. Didn't realize that I shared my Force Training in the homework field.

• Thank you received: 1747

Jax replied the topic: StormyKat's Training Journal

It's ok. There are always little confusions at first. Easy to resolve. :-)

By the way, I like your signature. I adore Harry Potter and honestly spend more time listening to those books or watching the movies than Star Wars at this point. I can't wait to introduce my kids to the wizarding world along with Star Wars!

• Thank you received: 1332

Johannes (Yoshio) replied the topic: StormyKat's Training Journal

Aye, as Jax already said no big deal as long as we can get it sorted out! ;)

As for your signature and Jax liking it, me too I like it and it is something I had stumbled across every now and then during my martial arts studies and general interests for medieval history. I feel that this is something not limited to man but can be applied to anyone. The way of how we interact with others give more hints about what person we really are than anything we claim to be or do.
Sorry for the rant, I just wanted to add my two cent and hope it is okay with You!?

Qui-Gon Jinn: "We cannot control our emotions, but we can decide how we go along with them."
Bujinkan Busshin Dojo - Wordpressblog
NerdFitness Profile

• Kol Drake
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com
  • Thank you received: 1746

Kol Drake replied the topic: StormyKat's Training Journal

It is what one could say is a 'true maxim'... though it was said many times before J.K. Rowling (re) wrote them.

Earliest 'version' was --
1774, Letters Written by the Late Right Honourable Philip Dormer Stanhope, Earl of Chesterfield, to His Son, Philip Stanhope, Esq: Late Envoy Extraordinary at the Court of Dresden, Volume 1, Fourth Edition Revised and Corrected, [Letter dated May 17, 1748], Start Page 288, Quote Page 289, Printed for J. Dodsley in Pall-Mall, London.

"The characteristic of a well-bred man is, to converse with his inferiors without insolence, and with his superiors with respect, and with ease."

Several instances of a similar vein in notes, books, and essays can be traced from that document to another item in 1805 and then jumping the ocean to American books and papers (and church sermons) through the the 1930s -- then, to the Harry Potter series circa 2000.

So... a thought (and manner for treating others) which is becoming "timeless".

• Katie (StormyKat)

I just love the quote, as Kol said, it is a timeless theme. What I think Rowling got at with her phrasing though was also including animals (especially given the character's animagus ability) and children. Or perhaps that is just me because I am drawn to animals and protecting children.

Or maybe that was a different quote....about how you treat those who can do nothing for you. Either way, I love Harry Potter and Sirius Black was one of my favorites.

I am so glad everyone likes it and likes Harry Potter. :cheer:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake

Time to create page: 0.237 seconds