atha'rs journal

• David (Phoenix)
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Jedi Healer
  • Thank you received: 451

David (Phoenix) replied the topic: atha'rs journal

Thanks for letting us know. Good luck with your testing!

By the way, I have to admit, its kind of cool you thought enough to post in your journal an update. Most people come back AFTER the craziness of real life in order to fill us in, but you had enough commitment to take some time in your busy schedule to let us know. Pat on the back for sure :)

"...who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat. " ~ Theodore Roosevelt
[/table]
The following user(s) said Thank You: sarah kehoe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• sarah kehoe
  • sarah kehoe's Avatar Topic Author
  • Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try.
  • Thank you received: 79

sarah kehoe replied the topic: atha'rs journal

Well testing is far from over, but the universe decided that I needed a day or two off. So I'm laying at home sick...thanks alot universe lol.

About three weeks ago I had one of my many tests. I finished it in about twenty minutes out of the ninety that we had for that section. So I decided to use my testing scratch sheet for random thoughts and notes. Of course I didn't really want the test proctors to be reading over my shoulder so I decided to write in elder futhark Norse runes. About twenty minutes passed uneventfully. Then this one test proctor came up behind me and said "you know you have to turn that in, right?" I told her I did know and she kept walking. However, the fun was far from over. The other test proctors started stopping behind me and looking over my shoulder. I laughed nervously once or twice. Really I think they were just annoyed that they couldn't read it. At least that is the sense that I got.
Ten minutes later the first proctor came up to me, took the pencil out of my hand and set it on the table next to me and said"why don't you just think about what you want to write, you're disturbing everyone around you." Needles to say, this is the point where that little emotion called ...hmm....rage? Got in the way. I hadn't had more than two hours of sleep the night before and I just couldn't deal with it the way I normally do. I tried staring out the window and trying to relax but the proctor kept staring at me from across the room ...eventually I requested to leave.

Anyway, the point of this long winded explanation is that after school I kept asking myself this one little question. How can it get any better than this?

Flash forward a day. I'm standing outside the same room with the same proctors. A few of my friends came up with sympathy and similar stories. They planned to be slightly annoying that day just for the sake of it. Two of them were willing to speak up if something happened again. I was thinking it can't get much better than this , can it? Well, it did. Because of a mix-up with my testing ticket I ended up being able to test in another room altogether. And that is my story about how it can get better. :)

Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try.
-Yoda
The following user(s) said Thank You: David (Phoenix), Kol Drake

• David (Phoenix)
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Jedi Healer
  • Thank you received: 451

David (Phoenix) replied the topic: Re:atha'rs journal

Yay for success stories! How does it get better than that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"...who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat. " ~ Theodore Roosevelt
[/table]

• sarah kehoe

sarah kehoe replied the topic: Re:atha'rs journal

Lol it gets better when schools don't stretch testing over two months lol. I finished the FSA reading and writing and the EOCs, but now I gotta make it through the ap test and then finals.....Yay...note sarcasm lol

-Yoda

• Thank you received: 1834

Jax replied the topic: Re:atha'rs journal

Lol, that's a nice switch. Not sure what the proctors are thinking, but sometimes there's little you can do.

One caution...never, ever, ever say it can't get better than that because you will create that. ;-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: sarah kehoe

• sarah kehoe

A people without history is like wind on the buffalo grass.

To destroy a civilization one need not burn books, just get people to stop reading them.

These quotes go so well together that I couldn't resist putting them here with the same description. If a civilization no longer reads the words of their forefathers and no longer learns their own histories, then not only will they repeat the mistakes of old, but they will be sheep left without protection from the wolves. The wolves will be other civilizations and leaders with only one goal in mind....the goal of power.

And now for a quote of my own
Just because I live in the present doesn't mean I can forget about the past, or not plan for the future.

-Yoda
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jax

• sarah kehoe

One more quote I just found that should have gone along with those two

the death of democracy is not likely to be an assassination from ambush. It will be a slow extinction from apathy, indifference, and undernourishment.

-Yoda

• Thank you received: 1834

Jax replied the topic: atha'rs journal

Would you please post all of these in a single post in the general category? And then we can discuss it?

• sarah kehoe

Sure, should I just make a topic for all my quotes there? I seem to do the quote and explanations alot.

-Yoda

• Kol Drake
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com
  • Thank you received: 1824

Kol Drake replied the topic: atha'rs journal

er... all those quotes.... ?

General observations after some of your studies?
Or a realization after seeing who is running for office these days?
:P

Time to create page: 0.075 seconds