atha'rs journal

• sarah kehoe
  • sarah kehoe's Avatar Topic Author
  • Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try.
  • Thank you received: 79

sarah kehoe replied the topic: atha'rs journal

Man is all symmetry
Full of proportions, one limb to another
And to all the world besides
Each may call the farthest brother
For head and foot hath private amity
And both with moons and tides
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

I love this quote. Between the lines it suggests the connections of each thing in the universe to each other thing. Everything is part of one thing. The Force that is part of everything. While separate to our eyes they are really all connected. The separateness of the individual from the whole is necessary for our understanding, yet it is more of an illusion than a reality.

LUKE
I don't believe it.
YODA
That is why you fail.

It is not so much that we must know the energy that surrounds and penetrates everything. We do not need to prove it and classify it and codify it. For "we do not drink the bowl, but the soup contained within." (Qui-Gon) Yet if we do not believe in it. We push away any feeling of it. We try to block it out. We ignore it and in doing so we strengthen our ignorance of it and our disbelief in it.

LUKE
Master, moving stones around is one thing. This is totally different.
YODA
No! No different! Only different in your mind. You must unlearn what you have learned.

Once again Yoda speaks true. From an early age we are taught the difference between real and fantastical. We are put inside a mental box where things that seem impossible must be so. Where superheros are the stuff of imagination and where we must always come back to the" real" world. Thus an energy like the Force couldn't possibly exist because it doesn't fit the rules of the box. All of these things make us push away and ignore the Force. Thus society creates its own form of ignorance.

Would love to hear what others have to say on this.

Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try.
-Yoda
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1848

Jax replied the topic: atha'rs journal

Can you post this in the forum outside your journal so we can have a good discussion on it without bogging down your journal? Here: instituteforjedirealiststudies.org/forum/10-spirituality-religion-and-philosophy

I'll respond there for sure. :-)

• sarah kehoe

Sure

-Yoda

• sarah kehoe

Yay. Another great rainy day. I swear this is why I strongly dislike Florida. If I'm stuck indoors in school all day then the weather is sunny and beautiful. But when it is spring break and I want to go to the beach it is raining. Actually I really want to go to the pool because the sand on the beach tends to burn my feet. In a week it is back to school and several more rounds of state standardized testing and study nightmares. This state has the stupidist testing schedule ever. Sure, let's give our students their EOCs in April (eoc- end of class) so that teachers have to teach them all the class material by then. Oh wait but then let's keep them in school until June when their finals are for the classes that don't have an eoc. And to top it off last issue several rounds of writing, and reading comprehension tests as well. As if homework, and studying for our class tests wasn't enough.

Today I was sitting and looking at one of my friends sprung break pictures and wondering where I went wrong. Why was she having an amazing spring break while I was sitting at home making virtual flashcards for one of my classes? I began to realize that for the last several months an event which occurred has been following me around like a dark cloud and I have let it do so. I still hold out hope that sometime in the future one of the people involved will come back onto my life, but I realized that I have allowed my self to simply go through the motions of living until then. But I can't not live forever. Sure there have been days when I could almost forget, days where I lived only in the present but I've realized that until the time comes when my hopes can either soar or fall flat on their face I must continue to live. I must be in the now because living with one foot in the past and one in the future will only tear me in half, figuratively speaking. So here's to living in the now.

-Yoda

• Thank you received: 1848

Jax replied the topic: atha'rs journal

Glad you gained that awareness so you could choose different. That definitely sounds like an illogical testing schedule. How frustrating! Good luck! I hope you get some sun. :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: sarah kehoe

• Thank you received: 117

Tsjêbbe replied the topic: atha'rs journal

I have those moments too. Just accept you need time and come back when it feels right :)

"Little decisions over time make a big impact on our lives.” - Eric Samuel Timm
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jax

• sarah kehoe

I was a bit bored this morning and made this....wonder if I could make a teeshirt with these?

-Yoda
Attachments:

• Kol Drake
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com
  • Thank you received: 1868

Kol Drake replied the topic: atha'rs journal

I like the arts.

Now, I put on my 'art critic' hat...
The 'saw tooth' background for 'emotion' is good as are the more red shifted color scheme. Red typically denotes heat, danger, etc... so, perfect for 'emotions'. I would suggest a transition at the 'yet' where the sawtooth form shifts to a more 'wave like' form to denote 'peace'... and more of a shift to the calmer, cooler coolers in the green and blue scale.

Minor tweaks but backs the phrase/concept with subtle color/form nudges.
Keep at it... it's fun stuff. *thumbs up*
The following user(s) said Thank You: sarah kehoe

• sarah kehoe

I dream in my dream all the dreams of other dreamers,
And I become the other dreamers
-Walt Whitman

If we always strive to be that which others strive to be then we become the others and never become what we could have become if we became ourselves. The dreams that many think will make them happy because that is what they have been told by society, all to often fall flat on their face and leave the dreamers free falling and wondering what went wrong. Those who think that they can buy their way to happiness too often find themselves unhappy because they became the "perfect " people and they never took the time to become themselves.

So free we seem,
So fettered fast we are.
-Robert Browning

A truer quote, few men have made. Be it the limits of our mind, our family, our country or any of the others we are almost always bound by something.

-Yoda
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake, Jax

• sarah kehoe

Before anyone starts to wonder where I find all these quotes I bought an anthology of familiar quotes today. That and I have too much free time lol.

Knowledge comes, but wisdom lingers.
-Tennyson

If I may...
Knowing things can get you far
But without wisdom
It is as a house built on quicksand.
Soon even with knowledge
It will sink into nothingness

Yay now I'm analyzing the meaning of poetry with poetic lines.lol. :yoda

Not in the clamour of the crowded street,
Nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng,
But in ourselves, are triumph and defeat
-Longfellow

Whether we succeed or fail is not in the minds or the control of others, but within us. If we allow ourselves simply to give up then we have been defeated, but if we forge ahead and don't allow ourselves to falter....then whatever the outcome we will have won.

-Yoda
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake, Jax

Time to create page: 0.100 seconds