Tsjêbbe's training journal

• Thank you received: 117

Tsjêbbe replied the topic: Tsjêbbe's training journal

Yeah, I don't know... I don't see any fat loss... But maybe I should first add the yoga and then the cardio.

"Little decisions over time make a big impact on our lives.” - Eric Samuel Timm

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1777

Jax replied the topic: Tsjêbbe's training journal

The yoga will benefit you in many more ways than the cardio will. Focus on that first. Many people lose a lot of weight through yoga. It's all in how you do it though.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tsjêbbe

I heard so! Well, I'm doing some practices reading "Ancient Tantric Techniques of Yoga and Kriya". On 4 december I have a small exhibition, I will firstly pay for some yoga classes. It's 80 euro for 10 lessons from 1 tot 2h. So I can take this practice home together with the practice I learn in the book. Now I'm mostly learnign about cleansing and stretching myself.
I start every morning with a stretching routine followed by meditation, and than I go to the gym three times a week.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Johannes (Yoshio)

That's a great start! I look forward to seeing how you feel after about a month of yoga. :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tsjêbbe

Jax wrote: That's a great start! I look forward to seeing how you feel after about a month of yoga. :-)

three weeks later and I'm already feeling more conscious and energized!

As for the new year i'm making NY resolutions for the first time ever, I started the first day of this month and added something every day, here's the list:

1. stop smoking for good (and not in periods)
2. stop drinking. my liver is fucked up, and I feel/know, alcohol is just not healthy
3. making a selfportrait every day for one year
4. being able to squat 1.5 my own bodyweight (around 150k)
5. try to get a better knowledge about yoga and study it whenever I can
6. deadlifting 180k
7. find a source of income
8. try to pass both exam periods
9. study art on my own, make a map with artists I like and information about them
10. work up to doing yoga every day
11. try to become more social, certainly in the art world
12. lose weight (I'd like 20k, I think that I would be aroudn a good healthy weight if I get there while lifting)
13. Stop eating meat (this will be only totally possible if I have my own source of income; Know I eat with mly family and If I can't put the meat apart I can't,...)
14. learn a new language (even if it are basic sentences. I feel it should be french, because I should be able to speak that, living in Belgium)
15. meditate every day
16. make a painting every week (or at least start a new one)
17. have a better clothing style (I know one, but it's not cheap, well I guess that isn't something you change in one day ofcourse)
18. be more forgiving
19. be less stressful
20. learn more about psychedelics (weird but I've always been interested by them :p)
21. learn to say no
22. maybe stupid but: grow a beard and keep the beard (length may change...)
23. try to get a line in my clothing (with other words: I shouldn't where clothes with paint stains, every where I go)

(any comments, advice or ideas are welcome) I add the finished one on new years day)

These are great goals, but this is a lot. Seriously, each new change is much on it's own, especially 1 and 2. Give 1 and 2 each a good 3 weeks before starting the other. And I recommend starting with drinking because it will make the smoking easier to stop. But feel it out. Others aren't as big, so you can probably do those more quickly. But seriously, this is a life list, not a month list. lol

Psychodelics are a shortcut that don't really work for the goal of awareness and increased consciousness. I recommend not doing it, but instead sticking with awareness improving things like yoga.

As for meat, you will do better by simply cutting it back a bit. Get the family on board for meatless mondays. It's a way to add just one vegetarian meal per week. It's sustainable and doesn't require your own income to do.

So that's some perspective on this. Ultimately, it's your choice of course. But I want to help you succeed and not get overwhelmed or think you failed because you took on a massive project.

yeah I know, some points on this list wont work in a month, it's not a list to change things up in a month. Some of these goals are indeed a lifetime goal. But it are things I don't like about myself and things I really like. I just want to look back on this list after making it a challenge one year long and see that I did something positive!

This is the final list:

1. stop smoking

already bought a vapor!

2. stop drinking

My yogateacher said not drinking at all is hard, I should quit with liquors first, than heavy beers and so on and see if I can really stop drinking beers. Apparently it is more important to be aware instead of saying no to everything.

3. making a selfportrait every day for one year

starting tommorow :cheerful:

4. being able to squat 1.5 my own bodyweight (around 150k)

We will see how fast (or slow) my progress goes. I shouldn't be able to include this in a workout but to see if it can be my 1RP

5. try to get a better knowledge about yoga and study it whenever I can

next steps go more in debt around this step

6. practice Ahimsa or non-violence

7. practice Satya or speaking the truth

8. practice Asteya or non-stealing

9. practice Brahmacarya or self-control

like quiting smoking and being aware how much drink, think this is an important point

10. practice Aparigraha or non-possessiveness

11. deadlifting 180k

same as squats

12. find a source of income

I might found a job, will look into it after me exams

13. try to pass both exam periods

PFFFFFT :concern::cower:

14. study art on my own, make a map with artists I like and information about them

15. work up to doing yoga every day

already doing it on my rest days.

16. try to become more social, certainly in the art world

I think I will make this one of my first new points in the upcoming challenge, to visit gallery openings and museum nights etc....

17. lose weight (I'd like 20k, I think that I would be aroudn a good healthy weight if I get there while lifting)

I hope the physical activity and being more aware of what I eat will help enough! otherwise I should maybe try some form of cardio?

18. eat less meat

19. learn a new language

20. meditate every day

first thing in the morning?

21. start a new painting each week

22. have a better clothing style (I know one, but it's not cheap, well I guess that isn't something you change in one day ofcourse)

*points to number 12*

23. be more forgiving

24. be less stressful

25. become more spiritual

26. learn to say no

27. grow a beard and keep the beard (length may change...)

28. try to OH press 100k

29. try to cook more (especially vegetrian meals that I can eat during the day)

30. try to do some photoshoots with models (need to find those models first though)

31.get a better heartrate

• Thank you received: 230

Baru replied the topic: Tsjêbbe's training journal

check out the book: four hour body. There is a lot of science that talks about the fact that the body builds during rest cycles.

We are the Force.

So how is it going?

Time to create page: 0.220 seconds