Sinistra's Training Journal

• Thank you received: 26

Sinistra replied the topic: Sinistra's Training Journal

Today I would have met my Arabic friend, Ash. I have waited for it so much and now it seems to be canceled because he has no willing to write me on Facebook. It's needed because we haven't talked about the details (when and where to meet ), so I don't know how it will go on. Yesterday and also today said he was busy when I called him, and that he would write me on FB, but I'm waiting for him since 12:00 AM. It feels bad that I also canceled the swordplay training, just for him, just for the sake of the meeting! I'm deeply disappointed but try to handle this feeling as much as I can and do my best.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1849

Jax replied the topic: Sinistra's Training Journal

Did you get to meet with your friend?

No! I have not. He even has not replied yet, though he saw my message on FB. Maybe he got angry on me and thinks that I harrassed him. But I won't write him in the future, if he wants smth then he will write :)

Hmm... yes. That sounds like a good idea. lol

A few days ago I decided to do intense gymnastics again. I miss the flexibility of my body I used to have when my ex-friend taught me acrobatic dance for a few years. It's a pity that she stopped it before me, even if she had way more passion than me at the time. Huhh, those were really hard times because she was a kind of violent type and kinda forced me to do my best, sometimes she expected impossible from me. I was rather fed up with that method she used, but now I'm very grateful to her. Unfortunately as we got further and further from each other due to the fact we went to two different schools, I also neglected this whole thing for years. This time I feel restart the exercises and also the acrobatic dance again, and the ladder will be studied again by self-educating. I will do it in a way more peaceful way than my friend used to do it with me, but finally I won't feel any pressure. My aim is to do exercises at least for a half hour per day.

Sounds good. Listen to your body though. Take it slower than you would expect, allowing you to regain flexibility and strength. Otherwise you are likely to get injured which isn't fun. Will you take classes? Or use a coach?

No, I will do it by self-diligence. It would be better with a trainer of course, but unfortunately I couldn't afford that. I alsosed changed my diet a few days ago, because I used to eat a lot of rubbish and did not pay attention what my body needs. Keeping my body healthy became way important than to satisfy my insatiate wishes. However, I'm striving to make my diet variable and enjoyable, because eating with wry face really makes no sense.
BTW, a meditation course is going to start next week Thursday though 8 weeks, and it's totally FREE oO Well, I'll be very curious about it....

Well, it wasn't on Thursday but actually on Tuesday :silly: However, there was an other course with a Yoga club on Thursday which is also free. The introductory course on the mediation was okay. Right before the lecture my friend noticed that the instructor had a smell of alcohol and that maybe he is tipsy. xD I didn't feel the smell, though his face was undoubtedly red for a few seconds. So as I said, the first lesson was okay. I liked his personalty but I didn't find his lesson completely useful, or he talked in general too much. I did not agree completely all the stuff he taught, but I know, agreement is not a must. There was nothing new, but the most of people who went to the course have heard about these things firstly, so I cannot say this was totally in vain. Especially that it's free. I was kind of disappointed, though, because we didn't have any meditations at all, moreover, he even didn't talked about meditation at all or only a few words, and then he went too offtopic. He said we would practice on the 3rd lesson, but I don't think I will go again.
About the hatha yoga on Thursday... it was completely amazing! :) In general, there were older people than me, and the others were more experienced than me(actually it's not a course but a group gathering together to do Yoga :) ), but the atmosphere was airy and everyone was damn friendly. The instructor was really competent, she could complete the introduction in a few minutes, yet I understood everything. She handled us equal. My friend was also completely satisfied: he said he has never done yoga till this time, but it was really pleasant to him. I also found it fantastic, I have neved had such flexible body like I have after that one single lesson! :) But the best was the 15 minute meditation at the near end of gathering. I dunno if it was the aim or not, but I completely went into a deep trance, and I have never experienced anything like that, or not in that intensity. We realized that doing it at home is not as good as doing in a company! :) So we were both compensated after the meditation(?) course that guy delivered on Tuesday, and we will come back on every Thursday to repeat it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake

Gosh! I've found this treasure... i mean, this Forum again, and I'm more than happy. After a long absence due to family and computer issues (the usual, duh..), I'm planning to turn back to TOTJO as well. Yes, yes, I did promise more activity before, but life lead me to a different way. It was more than terrible, but I seem to get over it as my problems start to resolve slowly, but surely. I also miss the exceptionally good and well-built-up training programs, assignments in the different courses. I even doesn't remember where I did stop it, lol.

So in a nutshell, things that happened to me during the time(they are not in time order):
- I started doing capoeira. ATM i'm in a critical moment concerning it, but as soon as our financial problems end, I can make the best for it again.
- My sister is in a child welfare shelter since November. She was taken because the way my mom treated her. She will stay until the end of January. It seems that she starts to change from worse to better, perhaps she started to take some pills, even though I never saw her doing that. However, I'm not sure if I can trust her anymore.
- I became Knighted and have my first Apprentice on TOTJF. He is a really awesome dude.
- Unfortunately I had to change class in my school, due to my difficulties regarding to a certain sublect. Now I am studying Chemistry as well, but rather in its laboratory than industrial aspect. I lost interest in the latter one, and also had some conscience matter of it. My new class is awesome, my new classmates are awesome, too and the subjects I study are far more interesting. It was perhaps my best decision regarding school.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jax

Time to create page: 0.096 seconds