Patrick's (aka Halcyon) Training Journal

• Patrick Johnson
  • Patrick Johnson's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 9

Patrick Johnson replied the topic: Patrick's (aka Halcyon) Training Journal

Well elusive until a formalized system is established. I wonder if that will happen. Then it would mean we need a sort of curriculum to use. I think this place has done a pretty good job in getting a standardized curriculum started. So living the Jedi way is becoming less elusive and more finalized so we can actually say what it means to be a Jedi. At least that's how I feel.

One crisis at a time.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 80

Morrako replied the topic: Patrick's (aka Halcyon) Training Journal

Yeah, many have crossed from other Jedi websites to this one. If I was to use a name I would say that this academy is rather "Grey". Which I believe is a very good thing. The group we have here are not "traditionalists" in the sense of following the movies' Jedi (which some places do) and I think it's very important. I really feel that we understand each other better here, or at least from my viewpoint.

• Patrick Johnson

I would say grey. I would say realistic. To try to emulate the Jedi from the movie as closely as possible just isn't realistic at all. Most Jedi websites are "tolerant" of the other paths, but I'm just splitting hairs now.

I agree this place is "Grey." A sort of neutral ground where everyone can gather to learn, and I like that atmosphere. I don't know how long you've been with the "Jedi scene," but this site has the old feel of back in the day when people were interested in the Jedi minus the instability. Being here takes me back to the hay day when there was actual movement in the Jedi community. I feel like the administrators are trying to get this thing going, but they are not all over the place grabbing at far too large of a goal. It's kind of inspiring and exciting all at once.

One crisis at a time.

I haven't been here for a year even. Although the anniversary is coming up. That's pretty fascinating to hear. I'm very glad this place is here. I feel at home having that "neutral ground".

• Patrick Johnson

Well preemptive happy anniversary.

One crisis at a time.

Thank you much.

• Thank you received: 1848

Jax replied the topic: Patrick's (aka Halcyon) Training Journal

Well that was interesting. lol Thank you for the compliments. Yes, we're working on creating the path, but only as much structure as needed. Guidelines rather than rules, and only rules when they make sense and are needed. Just keep walking the path, we're all figuring it out as we go, creating more and more of the path as we go. :-)

• Patrick Johnson

Trail blazers, right? Jax should I just pm you with my ideas about the Remote Viewing Course or should I just plop my initial ideas down in the Advance section?

One crisis at a time.

Jax wrote: Well that was interesting. lol Thank you for the compliments. Yes, we're working on creating the path, but only as much structure as needed. Guidelines rather than rules, and only rules when they make sense and are needed. Just keep walking the path, we're all figuring it out as we go, creating more and more of the path as we go. :-)

And I think that all makes the best sense for what is needed for us and others.

• Thank you received: 1848

Jax replied the topic: Patrick's (aka Halcyon) Training Journal

Lol, I'm glad you agree Morrako. Surprisingly enough, there are plenty who resist that idea as too loose, and they go off to form or join groups with solid rules. To each their own. I can't look at other people and change because of them - I have to discern what makes sense for me. And that's what we all have to do. Be as flexible as we can, keep possibilities open, and I believe philosophically we have the best chance of getting it 'right'.

Patrick, just go ahead and post it in the advance Force section. Then you can receive feedback from people and aren't limited to me and my packed schedule. ;-)

Time to create page: 0.088 seconds