Revelations: Falon's Training Journal

• Thank you received: 5

Falon created the topic: Revelations: Falon's Training Journal

I'm doing it! I'm making a journal. I hope you like it. What I am going to do is write down my revelations. The "jolts" I feel, so I don't know how regular this will be.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Connor
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Look for the bare necessities
  • Thank you received: 529

Connor replied the topic: Re: Revelations: Falon's Training Journal

I have gone months without making an entry. Weeks where every day had something.

House Rules: The only rules are Paradox, Humor, and Change.

Falon replied the topic: Re: Revelations: Falon's Training Journal

This is a lesson too
August 7, 2012

Well when I got ready to finish my paper for Force 101 yesterday I discovered that it was no longer on my computer. Wow! I was a little distraught. Whatever! I'll do it tomorrow. Then I got several revelations about the force which helped my understanding of the force because I had been able to work out some of my kinks in understanding by conversing with others. Alright, well part two of the assignment is done in my head. Ok, so I am slowly drumming up the courage to do the first part of the assignment when I remember that I will be looking at a blank sheet of paper. Sheesh. These papers are a real pain in the ... Especially when I remember that three people have me writing these things. I wish I could get away with something less then my best on all three accounts, but its not possible. If I do less then my best, the task will not accomplish what it is supposed to. I know that in the end, after I do my best, that the result will be worth it. However that doesn't really help the progression stage, does it? What lessons will I learn in the end. There are no clear goals really. How can I measure progress then? I am speaking of these assignments specifically. There are indeed lessons I will learn from these three assignments, but as I discovered today, they will likely be MORE than what the instructors originally planned.

Now for the blow by blow: I've been experiencing a lot of energy today. Sometimes I don't know how to direct it, so its just sitting there sometimes in my body looking for an escape route. This increased energy is brought on by the "jolts" I have been feeling in the last few days. Particularly since Sunday. It was Monday that I discovered that I could hold on to this feeling, create this feeling, and make it last longer. Naturally, since I figured it out, I have been doing it a lot. Ok, too much of a good thing is a bad thing. Thats another entry. Long story short I have been a butthole today. Jax got it, Hannigan got it. Just going down the list of people that teach me. Wow.

Anyway while I was talking with Jax. Sort of trying to give her a piece of my mind, I guess she found out by the way I was talking that I was too hyped up and suggested I stretch. This helped me tremendously. While I was on the floor calming down I got the revelation that this was also a lesson. The lessons I have learned are as follows:
-Perseverance, going with the will of the Force, there are lessons in everything we do, how to ground
Energy, what to do when you have an abundance of energy, what the effects of an abundance of energy are for me. I never would’ve learned these things this quickly had I not gone through this experience. The funny thing is that I have probably learned these lessons before, the fact is I had no record of this at all because I hadn’t written it down. I guess that’s the reason for this journal.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake

• Thank you received: 1848

Jax replied the topic: Re: Revelations: Falon's Training Journal

You really weren't being bad with me, it was just obvious that you were aggravated and needed to clear out that energy. Your frustration got in the way of your ability to think. It happens to everyone. What matters is you did stretch and worked out your energy and you make many more realizations. :-)

And yes, this is exactly what a journal is for.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Falon

Falon replied the topic: Revelations: Falon's Training Journal

August 25, 2012
Ive noticed for the past few weeks that I have done very little but chat with others. It is not so much a waste of time as it is a distraction preventing me from doing what needs to be done to progress on my path. As school starts in a few days, I'm going to have to make myself less and less available. Its been nearly two months since I moved out on my own, and earlier this week I had a chance to look at some independent living goals I'd like to work on. Only one of them requires extra effort on my part, so I am happy. The other three is just to help the worker understand what I need and do not need help with.
Starting tonight its back to regular stretching as that is one thing that has suffered with my new found habit. Yesterday I made an appointment calendar so that I can keep track of the tasks I need to do for each day. I will have to add in there "update training journal" as well as "meditate" and "stretch".

Training at TOTJO is going well, although the book is getting rather tedious. I'm still working with Kitsu on her guinea pig meditation program for Just Jedi. Three or four more weeks and that will be off my plate freeing up some time for me. I'll be updating this journal as well as my training in Force 101 more regularly. Yes, I know I still have work to do on the first lesson in Force 101.
Anyway, I hope the update was sufficient
-Roz

• Thank you received: 1848

Jax replied the topic: Revelations: Falon's Training Journal

There you go. :-) It's easy to get drawn into chats, and they are very helpful. But if they take us away from the actual work, then we have to make adjustments.

Don't feel that you can only use this for IJRS stuff by the way. You can write about what you learn elsewhere, and do on your own. There are no limits.

August 26, 2012
Two days after making the calendar and I feel I am pretty well able to stick to it. I'm also being mindful about how much I am chatting online or engaging in social activities that are not a priority (Facebook). I noticed also that I find it difficult to meditate with my eyes closed. I inevitably fall asleep, so I must meditate with my eyes open. Today I worked on some research for JUST Jedi. I was able to make it through about 50 pages of reading and I have a rough outline of the paper I want to write, or at least some of the ideas I want to touch on. The paper is all about breathing and its importance. Its a giant task, but we've got about two weeks to do a three paged single spaced paper. I definitely want to have something down in writing before I go to sleep tonight.

8/27/2012

It was an interesting day today. I finished the book of Psalms and went to go see my worker. I came home and got to purchasing books for the new semester.Nice bargains so far. School starts tomorrow and I'm not so sure I am enthusiastic about having to be able to function at 9:40pm at night. I focused on the dot today for 15 minutes, or at least tried to. I'm getting better. No stretches today unfortunately, but tomorrow morning definitely.

Time to create page: 0.108 seconds