Dineara's Training Journal

• Thank you received: 218

Dineara replied the topic: Unlearning

Of course, if there's a chance it might help somebody. Glad to hear it wasn't that bad. lol

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1777

Jax replied the topic: Dineara's Training Journal

It's well written and sincere. That's a good combination. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - Please forgive typos
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dineara

Dineara replied the topic: Dineara's Training Journal

It's been a while since I last did intro course's intuitive test, so I gave it a go.

Physical intuitive 45
Emotional intuitive 55
Mental intuitive 39
Spiritual intuitive 37

(Edit: Three months ago the set was like this:

37 physical intuitive
38 emotional intuitive
45 mental intuitive
33 spiritual intuitive.

These changes seem to be quite big!)

While there is a radical difference between highest and lowest points my result is a lot more balanced than what it was years ago. I think I got more points on each area than last time. Emotional is still my strongest area and I've learnt to work with it rather well so no wonder why the score is high. While I still can feel things like random pains and feelings I mostly don't because of shielding, but the fact still remains that I'm very sensitive to stuff like that so no wonder why the result is so high.

Physical has gone up quite a bit, I think! It must be because I've learnt to get in tune with my body and 'concrete' energies like reiki, which flows through me all the time. Sometimes I notice myself directing energy somewhere unconsciously. lol Also thanks to this I've developed a better sensitivity to the infamous gut feeling. I think that's the right word even though it doesn't feel that physically, but sometimes the hunches I get just seem to come from the physical world so to speak. I don't know how to explain it, but it's something I still sense with my aura or whatever. lol

Mental isn't nearly as strong anymore even though the points are not bad at all. While I've learnt to open up and sense without letting my mind always come in the way I guess it has lessened my need for mental intuition since I'm not afraid of letting information come to me through other means as well. However it's a big part of me and has always been - I love studying and I need to know why things are the way they are (at least in most cases). While I have this innate desire to understand I've learnt that not everything can be understood through my capacity of understanding. It's like trying to make sense of spirit guides or something like that - there is no concrete evidence of their existence and if I let myself to keep questioning I stop listening and hearing. I guess different intuitions work for different things.

And spiritual has gone up about 20 points I think. After getting rid of the barriers I've had for a long time I've allowed spiritual stuff to come through and have learnt to explore it. My dreams are vivid (and it appears I tend to spend a lot of time in the astral at nights), I am able to channel stuff and speak with guides, and because at times I'm rather immersed to things I find imporant, like self-growth, I tend to have trouble in mundane life. I suck at paperwork and keeping my home clean, though I've improved a lot in the latter lately, lol.

All of these things have both good and bad sides, but because the scores are rather well-balanced (I think it's natural to excel at certain areas) the bad sides are quite well eliminated. Each area has something to give to the others, and when taking care that I don't neglect any area I keep balanced and happy. When I was younger I longed to develop as a person and understand and experience spiritual stuff, and pretty much neglected the physical world which gave me nothing but pain, so I was far from having my feet firmly on the ground. Also I was an emotional mess because so much information kept coming in and I didn't know how to cope with it. I certainly have improved a lot. It's kind of nice to think about those days, because now I understand why the situation was what it was, and I must say myself that following my improvement has been a fascinating process. It's been slow but I never really gave up, and look where I am now. Just... wow. Yay me. :)

Of course there's still work to be done even though I'm quite happy with current results. Spiritual intuition is something I've finally gotten in touch with during the past couple of years or so, so I'm not nearly as developed in that area as I'd like to be. Well, I'm learning all the time. Ain't that great. ;)

Edit: I found a not-so-old test from this training journal, lol. Can't really say my memory is the best. Appears all other areas have improved than mental, which has gone down a bit. That was about three months ago. Wow. I didn't think I'd change so much in just three months, but apparently that is the case.

It's Sunday, tomorrow's Monday and I'm going to continue exercising. My goal is to lose fat and build muscle, and this is how it goes:

1) Healthy eating. Simply by replacing most not-so-healthy stuff with vegetables my weight will start dropping again. It won't be hard to eat less calories than I spend daily, because I'm going to do everything I can to make sure we always have healthy stuff for me in the fridge. I am going to lessen carbs intake because I think bread and pasta might be keeping my stomach upset. This is an experiment. Also I am (and have been for a long time) very strict when it comes to quality of food. I always eat low-fat meat that actually has meat in it. And I won't forget water, vitamins and omegas.
2) Weight training. While cardio is good for the heart, so is weight training, and I get the best parts of both practices when I combine them to weight circuit training. Three times a week taking it easy in the beginning, don't forget warmup and stretching! It's going to be easy, and thus very doable. Also, this will burn more calories than either of those activities by themselves, so if that weight won't start dropping there's got to be something very wrong in my body.
3) Walking. 10 minutes a day is good to start with, and that is basically just to get my butt off the apartment so that I don't get stuck here. If and when I get used to it I'll start increasing the amount, but so far I've always started out with too complicated plans so this time it will be different.

That's it! Simple, fun and effective. While I'm not a big fan of exercising YET I think results will work as a huge motivator. There's plenty of good recipes to check out to make food interesting and cooking and learning are both fun! Also I've begun to take a look at all the activities I need for Novice level, so I hope my self training will count as long as I keep journal and record my progress.

Weight update: I currently weigh 112 kg, which is roughly 246 lbs. A big number, but I've been heavier, and the weight I lost back then hasn't come back. And, in four days I've lost almost one kg (2 lbs) obviously just because replacing less healthy stuff with a lot of fruits and vegetables. It could be normal weight fluctuation, but hey, we'll see what's really going on in a couple of weeks.

First day of new schedule behind. I feel awesome. I did a 10-minute workout and noticed very clearly what areas especially need improving and where I am now so it's easy to track the progress I make. After that 10-minute stretching, and I just got home from a walk that was supposed to be a quickie but obviously I ended up spending 30 minutes out there. The elevator didn't work either so I had to use the stairs, and I was surprised by how easy it was. I was expecting a killing leg pain because when I left for the walk my legs were sore after the workout, but the walk obviously worked as a good warmup for the "big" challenge. lol

It's definitely the hardship of getting started that is still haunting me. As soon as I got out I felt good and after the walk I feel even better. Well, I'll keep the goal for each walk low making it as easy as possible to go out just so that when I've gotten past my starting problem and formed a habit I can increase it at ease. Of course, if I feel walking longer than that 10 minutes I will, but I know I have days when I couldn't be less interested and then that 10 minutes can become very helpful - that is not a long time to spend outside!

So, total exercise today is 40 minutes. I don't count stretching because it's something that should be done on a daily basis. A pleasant start, this was. Tomorrow, even better I will feel. Soon in good shape I'll be. A strong Jedi I will become. :yoda

If it helps, I'm learning to do pushups 'right' which is much closer in than how I did them my whole life. I can now only do 5. 5 whole pushups. lol And doing plank I can only go for 30 seconds before I worry for my core muscles. I know the feeling of discouragement. But there's no way to make it better except doing it. Hang in there, I'm in a similar boat, just in different areas.

I think I have to switch to bench presses because pretty much everything else seems practically impossible, and since I have a chance to, why not? And plank is killing me but that means it works. 15 secs is pretty much the maximum I can do, but hey, I have so much to improve on, that after a month I'll have fun looking back at this day since it really doesn't take that long to see some improvement. For some reason I'm rather positive on the subject currently. I'm not bothered by my starting situation since I know I won't be there for long if I keep up the practice. Every single time before I've only thought about the huge workload I have to deal with before getting anywhere near decent fitness but now I simply try to do a bit more every time and, I don't know, something just has changed. I have time, and every time I do something I get closer to my ultimate goal. This soreness feels good, and I am happy because I'm back on track again. There's a lot to be done, for sure, but I'm changing my life here and as we know that takes time.

A strange craving for a carrot... or perhaps it's the hunger. lol I'm going to see what nice things I find in the kitchen.

Have you tried the inclined pushup, and then the knee pushups? It's ok if you can only do 1 at first, that will build. Just focus on good technique. You're quite right, it won't take long to build up. That's the best part. :-)

I'm eating carrots right now. ;-)

I have. Perhaps I'll give knee pushups another go. Last time my knees hated me even though I have a proper mat to do that stuff on. I actually tried pushups against wall... and umm. Nothing much to say about that. :D It felt weird and I think the position isn't the best possible for training the correct muscles, but I might be wrong of course.

Go on the nerdfitness website. They have a lot of free videos and stuff, including this one which will help you with the incline pushup. I know, the wall feels weird, however I found it did strengthen the arm muscles which are the weak point for me in doing pushups. Closer pushups use the triceps more, and mine are weaker than the rest of my muscles. It makes sense, since I don't use them as much. I just need to find something I can do the incline pushup off of to build up more repetitions than just 5. :-)

Time to create page: 0.219 seconds