Dineara's Training Journal

• Thank you received: 218

Dineara replied the topic: Re: Dineara's Training Journal

Losing weight

Just because I began taking walks and working out and looking at what I eat I lost 2,4 kgs last week. That is A LOT - the recommended weight to lose every week is about 0,5-1 kgs. I feel great! And all this because I stopped caring about weight and started caring about myself. :) This has happened before and is not dangerous at all, it's usually the first week when I experience such a big weight loss but it balances out pretty soon.

Also, I will start aikido. The demonstration I saw yesterday and then talking to those guys got me assured that it is what I want. They were so encouraging and I really felt good after having chatted with them. 100€ is a lot of money for me, but if the other group doesn't feel as nice I'm willing to pay it - after all, training won't be so expensive after the beginner's course.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• David (Phoenix)
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Jedi Healer
  • Thank you received: 448

David (Phoenix) replied the topic: Re: Dineara's Training Journal

Congrats with the weight loss :cheer: That's awesome! And in a way, it's good too. Since your focusing on your habits and instilling a better, healthie rlifestyle, it means your impacting way more than just your weight, but your overall well-being.

And, let me know if you like the Aikido. YOu should journal some of the experiences you have in here about it. I'm seriously considering it as well, so I'd be curious to see what you think about it as you go through that journey B)

Phoenix

"...who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat. " ~ Theodore Roosevelt
[/table]

• Thank you received: 1777

Jax replied the topic: Re: Dineara's Training Journal

Don't be afraid to ask if you can pay in two installments to make it a bit easier. If they let you, life becomes a bit easier. If not, at least you asked. :-)

Well done!

Thanks! It was good to see, again, how much good lifestyle affects to me. I know how much lighter and better I feel when I have lost weight. Naturally I'll journal my experiences here, there is much to be learnt and writing is a good aid to examine one's thoughts. I thought asking about two installments as well, I hope that would be possible, but I'll see next Monday how the other dojo feels like. I'm taking my sister there with me, she might be curious to begin as well, we have practiced martial arts together in the past and have enjoyed them a great deal. :) Also, my boyfriend also got excited about martial arts, which is great! He has also been always interested in them but now that I started speaking about them he began thinking about beginning something as well. One of his classmates is a practicioner of hapkido, and my bf will most likely begin training that as well. Let's see how the first lessons feel like. :D

I took a walk today. My goal this week is three 30-45 min walks and two 20-minute workouts. First my ankles hurt a little when beginning to walk but eventually it subsided. After a while walking became so light that I had to increase speed (had to, because I felt like it). It was like I didn't concentrate on walking anymore and all the aches were gone and I felt light, and at that point I chose to increase speed. Gosh, that did gooood. More of these, please!

Also, I stretch regularly, eat omega 3-6-9 every day, drink at least two litres water a day and meditate. I'm not sure if I can start studying in a week - I got my quitting papers finally today and since the courses are beginning so soon it might be too late for me to roll in. Fear not, for this doesn't alter my plans that much - they have web courses running throughout the year, so if I can't make it now, I'll make it to the next period, which starts in less than two months, I think. So, meanwhile I can do a couple of courses online and see what my aikido practice schedule is so that I can plan my studies accordingly. Overall I feel great. I have a diary in which I write down my fitness plans with my spirit guide for each week, and then I just mark when I have done something that is on the list. Also it includes writing down my overall mood every day and if I have meditated. Then there is my weight which I check every Monday and little things to remember when eating. "More these: vegetables" and "Less these: ice cream" for example.

It's ok if I don't do everything in the list, but I try to, and since I have a week to complete them I can do them whenever I feel like it, which is good - it seems to work at least so far. Also, when I don't feel like doing anything my spirit guides do what they can to get me doing stuff - it's great to have encouraging, ehm, spirits around, lol.

:-) I'm glad things are going so well for you! Keep up the good work.

Another thing I forgot to write about - energy work. I tried scanning myself yesterday. First I kept my other hand above my hara and after the energy felt balanced I took my other hand and held it above other body parts. My palms were tingling but I could also feel clearly on my skin where my hands went (I kept my hands above my body). I noticed how my palms began to tingle more above certain parts, like my head, and above my throat I couldn't feel a thing! I let my hand stay in those spots until I felt the energy flow balancing, that is, both hands felt similar. This way I treated my whole body. I tried putting the hands on my body as well and still could feel the energy, but because of the physical sensation keeping hands above the body gives a stronger feel. It's great that I can sense energy so clearly, I have been uncertain about my senses in the past but now there's no doubt in what I feel. I find this a major development that is definitely going to help me in the future. :)

Reiki and workout

Did a long reiki treatment for myself today. It's nice to have days free, then I can concentrate on things like reiki without any disturbance. I didn't use my hands during the treatment, I only concentrated on the areas where treatment is given and let the reiki flow. I almost fell asleep during the treatment but as soon as I finished I was so energetic that I couldn't go to sleep - a good thing. Even though I didn't use my hands I used my body to feel the changes in the energy current and with that I determined when was time to move on and what areas needed more treatment. Every treatment I give is a meditative experience, and so is every walk I take, and slowly meditative awareness is becoming a permanent part of my life, which is great.

I also did a workout this morning. I got tired really quickly and didn't do as much as I intended to, but Kajirou reminded me that every day is different, and it is like with meditation, sometimes it goes better, sometimes not. Also, it's allright if I didn't meet the amount of exercise I had planned, for the important thing is that I did the workout, just as I took a walk yesterday and a day before that. Every walk and workout are steps towards better life, so I should be proud of myself.
The following user(s) said Thank You: David (Phoenix)

Telepathy

A friend of mine came to visit us yesterday, and we had a wonderful time together. I then asked if she'd like to talk about "paranormal" things, and she was interested. We had an interesting chat, and as I began to talk about telepathy I got an idea - why not try to show her firsthand that not everything can be seen with eyes? So, we did a little test. Three colours, red, yellow and blue, and one person is a sender, the other reciever. I began with recieving since I know it can create feelings of insecurity - what if I fail to recieve any impressions and say a wrong colour etc? So, I asked her to make the image of the colour as vivid as possible, adding feelings, thoughts and senses to the picture that can help picking up impressions. It was a short test but most impressive indeed - I got all colours right, and when we switched parts she also got the colour right even though it was more difficult to her. She was rather amazed after that, lol! What I noticed was that recieving was surprisingly easy. I just let go of all thoughts, and waited passively for impressions to arise - and the blue came like a huge wave of water in my head. I was impressed how strongly I felt the colours, I really have learnt to trust my feelings lately! It's just plain awesome. It was a fascinating experience for my friend as well - talking can never replace the actual experience, and I'm glad I succeeded in demonstrating her some fun parts of hidden human abilities. :)

Very cool. And a good use of intuition to bring it up at all. Sounds like you had a lot of fun!

Time to create page: 0.215 seconds