Dineara's Training Journal

• Thank you received: 1747

Jax replied the topic: Re: Dineara's Training Journal

So, you listen to the spirit when he says it, but now me huh? :angry: :lol: :silly:

Glad you had a good time. Everything he said makes sense, so keep going. :-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 216

Dineara replied the topic: Re: Dineara's Training Journal

Actually I simply forgot what we had talked about, so I guess it was his job to remind me about it, lol! I tend to forget things a bit too easily. Of course I do listen to you, but I guess some things just have to be said again in order to really get them in my mind :P

All in all, I've liked this newly found forum activity of mine. Replying to topics really makes me think, which is always a good thing - not to mention that it dissolved this strange fear of communicating with others. It's not like I'm worse than anybody else, and we are here to learn. I really should stop taking myself so seriously.

Last night I did some energy work, and after finishing I got a headache on the left side. Grounding helped immensely, and after that there was only a faint echo of that pain, which eventually dissolved. I had a bit of trouble falling asleep though, but I guess that was good since suddenly I realized I had forgot to take my medication. After that it didn't take too long to fall asleep, which was good. This morning I woke up energetic, ready for the challenges of the day - one of them being spending less time in front of the computer, lol!

I've been examining different martial arts and so far Aikido seems to be something I might enjoy a lot – I am a warrior who avoids battles as well as I can, but should one still occur I defend myself and try to hurt the opponent as little as possible. Also, since a great deal of Aikido is self-development and inner work and combining them to physical exercise I think it would be a great style for me to try. Is it effective? I guess so, but I can't say before I have tried it. I need something concrete that actually helps me to defend myself, not just difficult series of movements without any decent application possibilities. There are at least three associations which all offer Aikido lessons – one of them is twice as expensive as the others but I know from experience that Shaolin (the place where they train) usually offers rather expensive courses – on the other hand they offer good quality expertise. However, considering that the other groups also have contacts to Japan and their senseis are highly trained I don't think there's need to pay twice as much. Two groups have demonstrations within two weeks, I think I'll check out them both and see how it feels to observe them. I hope that my weight doesn't make me fall behind, should I choose to begin training. It's been ages since my last workout and even climbing up the stairs is heavy.

Anyway, Jax, could you tell me what it is like to practice Aikido? That is the style you're practicing, if I remember correctly? Since it really is so different from other martial arts it's kind of hard to imagine what the practice is like. :)

You're right, aikido is very different. first, instead of focusing on power and speed you are focusing on relaxation. It's the opposite and you won't believe how hard it is to relax! Humans have this idea that if something isn't working we need to simply try harder which introduces tension. But tension creates resistance in your partner and the techniques no longer work. They work when you relax. And that creates an entirely different training environment that I think you'll like. Weight has nothing to do with relaxation. So stop worrying about it. the only way it hinders you is in your mind, it won't hinder your body.

As for fees and such, to start out, go with what feels best. Once you have experience you may change your mind as to what training is worth. Perhaps you get a lot more for twice the money. perhaps not. :-) In the end what matters is that you start. :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dineara

From my experience martial arts are worth the money, even though the courses are expensive - money is not an important factor in my life, it just keeps my life going. Having benefited from training before I truly can recommend it to everybody. I think I'll check out both groups and see what they're like before deciding.

Thanks for the info! I also have learnt to try harder when things don't go the way they should - I guess aikido approach is more in tune with tao, for instance. Follow the stream, not swim against it - I think that can really work in martial arts. :) And it's true, I am far too concerned with my weight. I was able to do martial arts before, surely I can do that now.

• Thank you received: 75

zen-ryo senshi replied the topic: Re: Dineara's Training Journal

"Jirou" is a name element that is given to the second born male in a family. There are a ton of different kanji with different meanings all pronounced "ka" so it's difficult to say what that might mean. I've never heard anyone called "kajirou". I have heard "keijirou", but even that can be written with different kanji, each having a different meaning.

If I speak from a good motivation out of sincerity, respect, and love for others, my actions are good, virtuous. If I act from a motivation of pride, hatred, criticism, and so forth, then my verbal and physical actions become nonvirtuous.

- 14th Dalai Lama

Oh, I see. Thanks for telling me this! I've heard of keijirou as well but never kajirou. Perhaps in time I will find out its meaning, perhaps not.

Yesterday I had a friend visiting and we drank some good white wine - one of my favourites! Afterwards we went out to a park and talked for a long time. At some point I noticed a change in my perception and began getting impressions about her. I asked her if she wanted to know what I 'saw', and she was very interested in it. It was a fantastic experience. When I 'see' things I sometimes see visual images but usually the impressions come without me actually seeing or hearing anything. I guess it's like picking up some vibes or something, that I then translate to words.

We haven't known each other for long, it has been perhaps four months, but something just clicked right away and we have been seeing each other often ever since. However we rarely have talked about deep stuff so this night was exceptional. When I told her my feelings about her difficult past and present issues I saw tears in her eyes. She later told me that it was somehow so emotionally touching that somebody saw her so clearly as she really were, without judging but encouraging. I saw how she had issues with her self-confidence and much progress she has made during the past few years. After having told her about her situation I gave her some advice and new thoughts to think about. I told her how important she is and nothing will really matter until she understands that herself and starts respecting herself. She told me that I have had a great impact on her and simply by being accepting, loving and not trying to push her into any direction but letting her be she has began to change, little by little, and realize her worth.

After the biggest emotional shock was over I asked her if she ever felt emotions that didn't feel to be her own, and she said that it happens quite often. I then told her about shielding and asked her to give it a try, in which she agreed - if it helps, then why not? This experience was wonderful to us both and made us become closer to each other. I've always thought how wonderful it is when I can help somebody, and this experience was also very educative and told me how my ability to let go of judgement and unnecessary thoughts actually has made opening up a lot easier.

:-) Awesome! Well done in following your intuition. You've made a big difference in a life today, and not just her's. honestly, this is the other reason I keep facebook. I have a few friends who really need someone to remind them that they are awesome, that they aren't wrong for wanting to take care of their self instead of listening to everyone else around them. They need someone who really cares, without self interesting getting in the way. That is one of the most important things we do as Jedi.

I couldn't agree more. This world doesn't have enough empathic people who really can make a difference, and as a Jedi I feel my mission is to help others, should they need it. It makes me feel good, not because my advice is accepted and I got a chance to share my wisdom but because if anything I do can make a positive difference in somebody's life then I'm more than happy to do that. Of course sometimes, like in this case, it means helping the other person acknowledge and deal with negative stuff so that they can move forward and gain strength from that experience.

This experience did change me. It's good to get positive feedback, then I know I'm on the right track. I find this 'seeing' an extension of reading tarot cards, for example, and much more useful. When I keep exercising that ability I will gradually learn to trust it more, and since it's something I always carry with me I don't have to worry about a peaceful place where I can light a couple of candles and do the spread. I actually lost one of my cards, The Hierophant, a while ago - perhaps it was the right time for it. I can still use the cards, but since the set isn't complete I'd rather not use them. The cards have helped me a lot during the past years, not only by helping me in finding answers but helping me to trust myself as I interpret impressions. I guess it's now time to let them go - I can do this on my own now. :)

New Moon Group Meditation

I chose to attend a guided meditation for bringing us the desired future. Even though I heard the guidance only partially the energy flow was truly intense, I think both new moon and the group affected to it. At first I felt a little negative about my ideal future but managed to get rid of that feeling, and the rest of the meditation was very pleasant. I had many goals I wish to achieve within 5 years and now after the meditation I feel confident and peaceful about my future, so it appears the meditation solved something since before I didn't feel so sure. I hope now I will recognize the situations and people who help me bring about that future. :)

Time to create page: 0.234 seconds