Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; multiLangField has a deprecated constructor in /home/institut/public_html/components/com_jshopping/lib/multilangfield.php on line 10

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; parseString has a deprecated constructor in /home/institut/public_html/components/com_jshopping/lib/parse_string.php on line 2
Institute for Jedi Realist Studies - Dineara's Training Journal - Page 16 - Institute for Jedi Realist Studies

Dineara's Training Journal

• Thank you received: 230

Dineara replied the topic: Dineara's Training Journal

I checked my email, thanks a lot. I already read half of it and it looks good, I just have a little trouble understanding how everything is just an interesting point of view. I do understand that by thinking that way there is no judgement and it's easier to see different points of view, but well. I'll have to think about it. Perhaps I missed something important. Well, I'll finish the pdf tomorrow after having had good rest.

I'm doing my best to learn to listen to my body. It's so very important. I don't really know how to do it yet but I'll learn in time. I never thought exercise that way, perhaps because English is not my native language, so naturally the Finnish equivalents don't sound so similar (even though I even think in English nowadays). But yeah, I see your point. Movement is good. Exercise is something hard. Movement is just that - movement. Sounds good. You really don't have to do all this for me, even though I can't wait to get the package! It's so rare to get anything like that so I must say I'm pretty excited. lol

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I think I figured out how I can utilize the "interesting point of view". It's not like it will stop me from having opinions, it just frees me from getting stuck to them by removing the importance I have given to the subject. The more important I find a certain thing, the more attached I am to it, and the more judgemental is my opinion. So yes, it works. It won't make me unemotional or thought-free, it just teaches to look at those things in a different way. Or something. I don't know how to explain it but since my life became a lot more interesting since last night and it feels light I don't think it's doing anything bad for me.

The other thing I was thinking about. "True caring is letting others lead their life as they wish." I understand that, but I think sometimes there are times when meddling can actually be beneficial. Say, it's really hard to stop doing something if somebody hasn't told you how, and what you can do instead of that. I guess the commandment about caring is more like making people see how forcing their opinions, judgements and actions to others is not beneficial. No matter how right we think we are when interfering it might not be the truth for somebody else and might do more damage than good. However, suggesting a different point of view is ok. This is strongly my opinion (interesting). I wouldn't have learnt the tools to take care of myself if nobody had given me advice. Then again, I was the one to ask for it in the first place, but there have been events when I didn't ask for advice but got it anyway. It didn't take away my freedom, on the contrary, it gave me the possibility to choose. So, "Have you ever thought of it this way?" doesn't mean "You should really think this and that and do this and that".

I'll go to Mom's place again today. I'm knitting socks for Elisa because she needs those and they'll make a nice Christmas present. Also, I've begun to feel differently about my body. It's tingling constantly, and feels tight, because of some magick I did. Visualize myself, then cover it with energy, feel it shrinking to normal measurements and peel it off to reveal a beautiful, luminous, balanced and healthy body. The more I do it, the better it feels. Now I'll go fix something to eat and get ready to depart. It's not snowing outside and the wind isn't strong so I should be able to stay alive. lol

• Thank you received: 1898

Jax replied the topic: Dineara's Training Journal

When deciding whether to intervene in someone else's life, ask yourself first if they can receive it. If you get a yes, then go for it, and keep checking in with how much they can receive. If you get a no, there's nothing you can do. Even if you had the answer to all their problems, if they can't receive it, they won't.

• Thank you received: 1486

Johannes (Yoshio) replied the topic: Dineara's Training Journal

I don't know if You, Dineara, had ever heard about the book "The naked Warrior"!? This book is all about two exercises, the one leg pistol and the one arm, one leg push-up. But the concept in the book is far more general and interesting. If You have to the chance to get a hold on the book You maybe find it interesting. If not, here is the key-principle as far as I understood it.

Strength and therefore any physical activity is a skill and therefore needs to be trained. The author says that because it needs to be trained it is not down to the max of repetitions someone could do in one set but relates much more to do it constantly. This sounds quite logic to me as the more frequently someone trains his skills the better he usually gets in what he is doing. The author recommends to not doing an exercise more than five times but as often as possible during the day.
I'm not yet using this concept, but to me it sounds very logic and is for sure something I will go for and try to incorporate it into my training.

Qui-Gon Jinn: "We cannot control our emotions, but we can decide how we go along with them."
Bujinkan Busshin Dojo - Wordpressblog
NerdFitness Profile

Jax, I'll definitely remember that. I guess that can actually make it easier to interact with people. And Yoshio, I think I've heard the name but don't know anything about the book. There seems to be a free e-book on the internet, is this it? brihaspati.net/downloads/The_Naked_Warrior_P_Tsatsouline.pdf The better for me if I can find free books, while I prefer paper versions I can't always afford them.

• Kol Drake
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com
  • Thank you received: 1933

Kol Drake replied the topic: Dineara's Training Journal

ANY movement is good exercise -- so 'just' getting up and walking outside and to the end of the block and back is good... and a good start. Starting 'easy' (baby steps) and soon enough you will find you are gaining strength, stamina, and flexibility. So, you can 'add' as you go. Walking turns into jogging which can turn into running or swimming or riding a bike, etc. One push up turns into five which turns into personally challenging yourself 'just to see'. It's all good.

MEDITATION helps with depression. I'm sure many have pointed that out but... I like to be a naggy pain in the... well, it IS good -- medical studies note it. And it does NOT have to be hours upon hours twisted like a pretzel. 12 to 24 minutes a day can be more then fine once you get into the 'meditation groove'.

Keep up the great personal work and explorations -- you are a lot further along then you might think !
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dineara

• Thank you received: 1486

Johannes (Yoshio) replied the topic: Dineara's Training Journal

Aye, although it seems to be an "earlier" version of the book it is the book I meant. Nice find by the way and many thanks for the link!
The version I do have does show more photos and the text seems to be more to the point. So, I guess, I do own a later version of the same book!?

Qui-Gon Jinn: "We cannot control our emotions, but we can decide how we go along with them."
Bujinkan Busshin Dojo - Wordpressblog
NerdFitness Profile

Certainly a good find. I saved a copy in case it disappears in the future.

Happy holidays! I'm going to dedicate the next couple of weeks for recreation and relaxation. I'll be spending some time with my family, so I'll study the Bars as well as I can and then apply my knowledge to see if it really works. I have plenty of guinea pigs available after all. Also, since I can't afford to buy anything for my family I'll do something myself, so I've become like Morticia Addams, knitting everything for her relatives. I already finished socks for Elisa and today I'll finish knee-high socks for Salla. I designed them with her in mind, she uses socks all the time because her feet are so cold, so some parts are thicker and thus warmer than others, providing optimal comfort. lol Also, Aki and I will make a nice box of home-made truffels and chocolates to everybody. Taste has been tested already, now all we have to do is make them look nice. It's fun!

I cleaned the whole apartment (except kitchen) a couple of days ago. The kitchen is for Aki, I want him to do something as well. Now it looks great in here. I am happy. So, that's it. I'll be back after Christmas, but bye for now. :)

Sounds like a lot of fun, and just what I think the holidays should be. Have lots of fun!

Time to create page: 0.206 seconds