Henry's training Journal

• Kol Drake
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com
  • Thank you received: 1892

Kol Drake replied the topic: Henry's training Journal

Ya, natural science is wonky... like that pole thing. It's why I love digging into that kind of stuff.

I re-edited that last post with some links.. so you can poke about.
Really consider saving up $10 bucks and getting some of those uber strong magnets. (( bet you could get some for that even including shipping and handling )) but trying some 'buttons' to start is easy and may be a good start.

The other thing you can try is getting some copper 'bell wire' from radio shack and one of those 12 volt 'lantern batteries' -- we are talking about $10 again for both -- and making a coil you can place over/under your wrist... or a larger coil you can slip your hand / arm into with some room. That is a nice 'fixed strength' magnetic field you can try out 'on the cheap'. And, if you have one of those micro transformers for some electronic device that swaps 120 volts AC down to 12 or 24 volts DC, that would be a super 'power source'.

(( and try 'just' sticking it in the coil/loop for a couple of weeks... and then maybe sliding your hand/arm back and forth... more of a 'moving magnetic field effect. ))

Again, why I love digging into this kind of thing.... just like when I found articles on using red LEDs for healing wounds... which turns out, NASA and the military had been researching. And in the 90s, some elder care facilities were using it to quickly heal bed sores! Gotta love healing with light!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Jedi Initiate H
  • Jedi Initiate H's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 18

Jedi Initiate H replied the topic: Henry's training Journal

so when you say uber strong magnets are talking about neoprene and permanent magnets? I had a look at the links to the magnet stores...so many magnets to chose from. I thought they were going to be more expensive but there not which is good :) .

The "zapper" thing sounds interesting I will have to look into this some more.

I have a 240v to 12v transformer so I could use to build the fixed strength magnet. My question with copper windings is A. does the copper wire itself need to be insulated because in my mind the copper will just short out when it touches and B. wont the coil create heat as the current passes through?

• Kol Drake
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com
  • Thank you received: 1892

Kol Drake replied the topic: Henry's training Journal

If you are just running 12 volts DC -- has to be Direct Current -- that can't harm you (( DC at or over 36 volts starts to get in the 'watch out' range ))-- although, the wires might get hot soon enough... so if you have a cardboard tube you can wrap it around.. or a plastic pvc pipe, you can still get a good field going.

Let's say you have a transformer that takes 220v AC and brings it down to 12v DC and something like 5A (amps)... typically, research says you can get killed by a current of 100 mA or 0.1A -- BUT, you have to figure -- if you directly touched the terminals your skin has a resistance value. So, using the old equation -- Current = Volts / Resistance Current = 12 / 500 - 1,000 ohms. which means the current is between 12 and 24 mA... a safe level.

Same if that is flowing in a coil of copper wire... since there is a resistance value with metal/wire. So, there would not be a lot of current going through the coil. Just the eventual heating up due to that same resistance factor -- and the 'thinner' the wire, the easier it is to heat up.. though it usually needs more power to do that. You can take a 'test' bit -- say a foot long and connect it to a 12 volt battery and see how long it takes to get warm/hot. Figure a coil can be a few feet to several feet of wire -- depending on how industrious you feel... so plenty of resistance there.

If you are making a 'flat coil' and looking to just put it under the wrist -- you could lay a cloth over it. Again though, the wire WILL get hot after a bit, even with 'just' 12 volts so... be careful.

240 volts AC...
I am sure you know, any current (even with DC) can be dangerous... more so with Alternating Current. So be very sure you are getting 12v DC from that transformer before hooking up your wires. [ An inexpensive volt-ohm meter can let you see pretty quick ]

And yes.. those sites I mentioned.... VERY inexpensive, high strength magnets.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jedi Initiate H

• Jedi Initiate H
  • Jedi Initiate H's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 18

Jedi Initiate H replied the topic: Henry's training Journal

An update on how the application of magnets to my injuries is that it is working vet well. The overall pain was gone in a day an the affected areas felt like normal. I was also able to continue working which was good.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake

Time to create page: 0.094 seconds