Henry's training Journal

• Jedi Initiate H
  • Jedi Initiate H's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 18

Jedi Initiate H replied the topic: Henry's training Journal

Jedi Practice Guide, Practice 1

Practice Name: Jedi Calming Technique

Back ground: Use the mantra 'Clam, at peace, Passive' when faced with a situation that you feel your emotions begin to take control or a decision is required with aim to calm and centre yourself to help you to act in a manner that allows the situation to resolve. By using a mantra verses not using one, by using one your focus will come easier.

The fictional Jedi tells us when we are calm, at peace, passive you know good actions from bad actions. The mantra originates from Yoda, Empire Strikes Back. The mantra itself can be replaced by one of your choosing that conveys a similar meaning and has the same outcome.

Use & Practice: Use when emotions rise up or decisions are required. Say the mantra out aloud or inside your head several times until you feel your emotions returning to your control.

Outcome: By releasing the emotions surrounding the situation or decision, guided action can be taken. Also by calming oneself at these times we open ourselves to the Force and our awareness of the physical reality. This provides us with a clearer situational awareness as we are open to information from the Force, information from our own emotions and the emotions of others so to act in the best interest of all parties involved.

Reference:
Jedi Opie Macleod, JAO, Tier 1 training program, Lesson 0, Part 4, jediacademyonline.com/forum/index.php?topic=718.0
Jedi Initiate H, Training Journal, 020213, 310113, jediacademyonline.com/forum/index.php?topic=908.0

Jedi Practice Guide, Practice 2

Practice Name: Jedi Circle: 5 Practices: Awareness

Back ground: The Jedi Circle - The Jedi walks the circle; They live the Five Practices which enforce the Five Tenets, which nurture the Five Traits, which bring the Five Truths, which counteract the Five Misconceptions. The Five Practices are foundational to living Jedi
Awareness: A Jedi practices awareness for the self and the world around them. We need to be aware of our own motives, limits, desires, the emotions of ourselves and those around us. Also if we are oblivious to the world around us, we may miss out on helping someone who truly needs it.

Use & Practice: Use daily. Practice often

Outward Awareness: when you are out and about focus on the environment around you both the physical items that make it up and the people that are moving within it. What do you notice is it clean/dirty, safe/unsafe? Are the people around happy/sad, emotional/stable?

Inward Awareness: what are your own emotions at this time, how are you reacting to them, what are they telling you, how I am I reacting to them, are they interfering with my current situation, are they balances? Physically how do I feel, have I had enough sleep, am I in shape to complete today's exercise.

The Force Awareness: Push outward with the Force then flow it around and back into your body. What is it telling you of the situation or area you are in, what about the people that are surrounding you are they good/bad? This is done subconsciously; most people describe it as the vibe a room gives off when you enter be it a place of danger or great excitement. Now you have to practice it actively.

Outcome: By being actively aware of what is happening around you a Jedi is in a better position to make decisions and see things others do not. It is a cornerstone ability of a Jedi and must be practiced often to be beneficial.

Reference:
Jedi Opie Macleod, JAO, Tier 1 training program, Lesson 1&2, 270113, jediacademyonline.com/forum/index.php?board=50.0
Jedi Initiate H, 060213

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Jedi Initiate H

Sure thing Jax. Get some sleep. Message me when you can, I'm all ears

• Jedi Initiate H

I am gong to be aiming for a regular weekly post each Sunday. I would have started last Sunday but I caught a bad stomach bug off my wife after I looked after her. It has put my physical training off by by a week and at a time when it is really going well. Got to love the curve ball of life.

Also I will be continuing the Mediation course from Sunday as well.

A very major Jedi lesson that I am going through is patience. It is not that I suffer from impatience. What happens to me normally when I have a goal I rush for it, go hard to get it done and succeed. The Jedi path is not exception. I more often than not succeed in my goals however the level of stress could have been lower.

My university studies have been no different I have tried to rush then and did to some degree but my grades suffered. Second semester I took more of a patient view and I did better than I could have imaged. I received a letter last week stating that my academic results were in the top 1% across all disciplines within the university. The results are unprecedented thus far in my post secondary study. This has shown me that I need to stop pushing the goals to hard and focus on the moment and I will succeed. Work hard and diligently.

The Jedi path should be not different thus I am taking the long term view. Read, learn, apply, live....

My motto for this year is - plan & think less and do more,

Jedi Initiate H
:meditate

• Thank you received: 1457

Johannes (Yoshio) replied the topic: Henry's training Journal

Good motto! Maybe it also helps to keep in mind that You have a lifelong to walk and work on the Jedi Path. There is no rush! Some things might be done quicker than others, but we all have or highs and lows and from time to time we will reach a plateau which will make us feel as if we would make zero to no progress. More often than not those are the times when we can and will experience what we are willing to put into something and which worth things do have for us.
So, go easy but steady! ;)

Qui-Gon Jinn: "We cannot control our emotions, but we can decide how we go along with them."
Bujinkan Busshin Dojo - Wordpressblog
NerdFitness Profile
The following user(s) said Thank You: David (Phoenix), Jedi Initiate H

• Thank you received: 1859

Jax replied the topic: Henry's training Journal

Congratulations on the school performance! I too rushed through school for various reasons. By the time I slowed down it was too late. Things are still ok but I wish I hadn't had to split my focus with working so I could take more in.

I hope you're feeling better now. Stomach bugs are not fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - Please forgive typos
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jedi Initiate H

• Thank you received: 151

Dustin replied the topic: Henry's training Journal

Nice work H! School was counter intuitive for me in the same way. So much focus and emphasis gets put on tests, papers, and grades that I think even teachers can forget that school isn't an endurance trial. The purpose is to retain information. There's a difference between digging up soil and laying down roots.

"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." - Anais Nin

• Jedi Initiate H

Thanks guys. Jax I just hope it is not too late for me. I have one semester left and have to repeat or at least get close to last semesters results.

Training this week has not gone too well. Firstly got sick so the only exercises this week was on Saturday. It also pushed back my plans for the week (there is that patience again). I did meditate this week which was good to get more into.

I also been thinking about how to document my ideas and thoughts more. I come up with some (what I would call) Jedi ideas/thoughts. Unfortunately I find that it takes too long to write out a post, type out something out or it is not convenient. I was thinking of using a written journal to collect my thoughts during the week then I could summarise then here. Does anyone have any good ways/ideas of using a written journal? I have tried to do it in the past but I seem to get lost and go off on tangents.

Jedi Initiate H
:meditate

• David (Phoenix)
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Shadows
  • Thank you received: 455

David (Phoenix) replied the topic: Henry's training Journal

Journals don't have to be in any one order! Thats the beauty of them, they can have tangets, etc.

In fact, and in all seriousness, you going on a tangent might better help you flesh out your ideas, then you can pick and choose the parts you want to post :)

There's no wrong way to eat a Reese's...or to journal! :silly:

If you really don't like that answer, then I would say use a meditation technique. When you find yourself writing and journaling and going on a tangent, recognize the tangent, finish that thought out, then gently bring yourself back to your main point. Still, since it's your writing, you can stil pick and choose what you actually want to post.

• Jedi Initiate H

Cheers Jedi Phoenix. I have been thinking about it as I write some stuff in my journal tonight. I think what has pushed me away from a journal in the past is that it feels disorganised. For example I write about a subject them want to go back to it a weeks time and add notes but run out of room. That many sound a little pedantic (and it sounds like that to me :silly: ) My brain just doesn't like doing it. Oh well looks like it will have to get used to it

H

• Thank you received: 1859

Jax replied the topic: Henry's training Journal

Lol remember to do what works for you. Try just a blank, large, unlined sketch pad. Write wherever you want. It could be awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - Please forgive typos

Time to create page: 0.116 seconds