Henry's training Journal

• Jedi Initiate H
  • Jedi Initiate H's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 18

Jedi Initiate H replied the topic: Henry's training Journal

lol, it would not surprise me..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Jedi Initiate H

It seems that my fitness routine is back on track justnot running yet. My swim went well and the hamstring felt fine. It will limit running and martial arts for the next week or so I think.

• Michael Southernskies
  • Gunmetal Adept
  • Thank you received: 23

Michael Southernskies replied the topic: Henry's training Journal

The important thing is the recovery, Henry, and you're doing it well.

Embracing the truth will change your fate

• Jedi Initiate H

Todays entry is not a nice one. There is much anger and frustration around or in me today and I cant seem to "let it pass through me". Why I feel like this I do not know, it would be nice to know at least then I could move through it. It is like there is a resistance to something that I need to be doing or is coming that I can not put my finger on.

At least I a mindfull of these feelings the first stage of letting go.

H

• Thank you received: 1890

Jax replied the topic: Henry's training Journal

Henry, if you're willing, try this. Ask yourself "What do I need to perceive, know, be, or receive about this situation that prevents me from releasing it?" Then take a deep breath. Repeat this multiple times, and see if you feel things release at all. If not, try this. "What's right about this situation that I'm not getting? All that is interfering with full clarity, I destroy and uncreate! Right, wrong, good, bad, pod, poc, all 9, shorts, boys and beyonds." Do you now feel a little lighter, less stuck, more expansive, etc?

• Thank you received: 76

Beral Khan replied the topic: Henry's training Journal

I know that feeling. Also try going for a walk and repeating the Jedi Code. If you do not know it by heart, focus on 'There is no emotion. There is peace.' Use this until you have calmed down enough to focus on the actual issue and try to seek out the stressor(s). Jax is also offering advice I support.

May the Force be with you.

I used to trust my force of Will.
Now I trust in the will of the Force.

Jedi Communication? Well its removing assumptions, questioning the absolutes, and asking for clarity of statements.

• Jedi Initiate H

Thanks Jax the feeling took some time to pass through me and it has. It took some time to completely pass each time I would use the words you have told me, it would release more. I feel there was friction in the Force and that the path that I am might not be the best for me. The Force was trying to get messages through and I was the resistance for 3 points that I needed to know about.

The messages were about work, my family and my Jedi path. Work - I must make a decision about leaving one of my jobs by Christmas or it could create a great deal of stress into the future. I have made a written a plan that I can stick to about this particular work place so that if things don't improve I will leave. My family was more about communication with my wife. I needed to tell her what was in my head and that the tension between us would pass. Which it has. The message I received about the Jedi path was very interesting. It was a confirmation that it is the right path and that I need to bring it more holistically into my life. I need to balance the different activities required and not to rush it. I also need to define it more in terms of what it is and what it will mean to me.

Jax I am interested in the second mantra you said to say, where do that come from?

Beral you are right on about the Jedi code. I did focus on the first line as I know it - Emotion, Yet Peace. It also helped me accept this feeling and let it go.

I did a hour and a half work last night followed by a simple meditation under a large gum tree in the park near my house. I was able to jog as well which is a vast improvement for my hamstring. I also noticed that I kind of go into a meditative state of mind when I exercises which helped bring greater clarity to the feelings I have had.

The meditation was mindful meditation. It was a at around 6.30pm and the sun was going down and there were groups birds around starting to forage there evening meal in the park chirping away ( mostly pink and grey galahs, magpies, '28's' ). It was really peaceful. I saw a bird rolling over like a dog, not something you see everyday. During this it I had the feeling that life can still be good if we simplify things and that a life full of doing is not necessarily good.

Thanks again for the wisdom

H

I love that you used all of the suggestions to find a solution. Sometimes the things that really get us stuck need multiple ways to address.

The two strategies are both from Access Consciousness, which I find incredibly useful in getting unstuck and clearing. I wrote an intro post about it a while back. Take a look at it for some initial information. I need to update it when I have more time. I've been writing about the changes I'm experiencing in my training journal. That might also explain more. I know I prefer examples. :-) http://instituteforjedirealiststudies.org/forum/32-esoterics/29783-an-introduction-to-access-consciousness

Here's another access tool that is very powerful. In general you can say "All of life comes to me with ease, joy and glory" 10 times, twice a day if you'd like. Give it a try and see how you feel. Do it for just a few days and I bet you'll see changes. For your job, you can try: "What must I perceive, know, be or receive in order to make the best decision for my work?" Repeat that multiple times (they say 30 times in the book), and within a few days you'll find a new thought comes that will help you make this decision. It may not get you all of the way there, but the intuition you need to see the situation more clearly will be there.

Good luck! I'm really happy to see you apply the Jedi path and finding results. That shows commitment.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jedi Initiate H

• Jedi Initiate H

Access Consciousness is an interesting topic, I'll have to add it to my "to read" list. Its getting bigger each day.

I haev read some of your journal posts. You are very busy, if you have any juggling tips I am all ears :) .

I took the personality test that Beral has taken with interesting results. ENTJ. I took the same test about 8yrs ago and it was the same. I thought maybe that it would have changed more. I have learnt and grown so much since then in the areas of others and there feelings as well as developing my intuitive abilities.

My personality type explains why I feel that the Jedi path path must have relevance to my life and that it must become more than a "pass time or hobby". I know how positive it could be for me and that could explain my rush to learn it all. Patiance is a vertue right? lol another life long lession for me

It could also adds to my frustration in work as my work has stagnated and it is not really contributing to the organisation, granted the tasks that I have been given are required in the "leaders" eyes but not in mine....lol...there is that personality type again. At least I am getting better at identifing my own traits that could get me into trouble.

It certainly is interesting. Juggling is all about priorities. The reason I'm never gone for long is because the Institute is my priority. I don't spread out anymore. I only spend time here and have to use a lot of lists. And when I have those days where I'm full of ideas, I take advantage of them. I'm not sure how helpful that is, but if this is important to you, make sure you are choosing it over less important activities. It's easy to lose track of time.

I have my workbook here, I'll type up the things from it for ENTJ. I wonder how well it applies to you. :-)

Contributions to Organizations
1. Develop well thought out plans
2. Provide structure to the organization
3. Design strategies that work towards broad goals
4. Take charge quickly and do what it takes
5. Deal directly with problems caused by confusion and inefficiency.

Leadership Style
1. Initiate an action-oriented, energetic approach
2. Provide long-range plans to the organization
3. Manage directly - tough when necessary
4. Enjoy complex problems and are resourceful in managing them
5. Run as much as the organization as possible

Problem-solving approach
1. Want to logically analyze and control situations (Thinking) based on an internal understanding of what could be (iNtuitive)
2. May want to include a realistic determination of the actual facts (Sensing) and to consider the impact on people and themselves (Feeling) for optimal results.

Preferred Learning Style
1. Cutting edge and theoretically based, delivered by experts
2. Open to challenges and questions

Preferred work environments
1. Contain results oriented, independent and competent people focused on solving complex problems
2. Are goal oriented
3. Have efficient systems and people
4. Provide challenges with a direct payoff for effort
5. Reward decisiveness
6. Include tough minded people
7. Offer structure and focus on use of a master plan

Potential Pitfalls
1. May overlook people's needs and contributions in their focus on the task
2. May overlook pragmatic considerations and constraints
3. May decide too quickly and appear impatient and domineering
4. May ignore and suppress their own and others' feelings

Suggestions for Development
1. May need to take account of the human element and appreciate others' contributions
2. May need to check the practical, personal, and situational resources available before plunging ahead
3. May need to take time to reflect and consider all sides before deciding
4. May need to learn to identify and value feelings in both themselves and others.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jedi Initiate H

Time to create page: 0.116 seconds