Henry's training Journal

• Jedi Initiate H
  • Jedi Initiate H's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 18

Jedi Initiate H replied the topic: Henry's training Journal

My wife and I do. I would say 95% is "raw" foods cooked at home. We are moderate paleo eaters that more veg and average meat not the bulk that most paleo people push. Our kids on the other hand a fussy eaters (only one out of 3 is not). This includes the son with asthma. We try to make sure they dont eat overly processed foods the worst part of there diet would be bread. My wife's mum tends to give the kids all sorts of things which we are trying to stop. When I was young my asthma was also triggered by food colourings, preservatives and processed foods so maybe my son is too.

If you have any info hand email ( as long as it is easy too dig up) it through my wife and I are always interested in different ideas and knowledge :thanks

I'm not sure if I mentioned Jax, I revived the meditation beads and find them great. What are they made from?

H

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1859

Jax replied the topic: Henry's training Journal

I'm glad you like them. I normally include a copy of the document on the product page, but I also tend to forget. You can read the details by clicking on the 'download' link under the cart/price. http://instituteforjedirealiststudies.org/stores/product-store/product/view/1/1 The only substitution is I have been using hematite stars due to the size of the holes and thread.

This blog is my favorite for whole food. http://www.100daysofrealfood.com/
They have a list of other blogs for you to explore as well. http://www.100daysofrealfood.com/2012/01/20/other-real-food-blogs/#more-2042
Enjoy! And if you have any recipes to share, there's the health and fitness area. I keep meaning to include mine but then forget. :-P

• Jedi Initiate H

Jax, I found out what caused the asthma attack. I borrowed of my perents in law a mattress for my son to use while I was looking to get a new one for him and it had had cats on it before I borrowed it. We had it for 3 days before his attack hit. I slept on it for 1 night when my son slet with my wife (when we were back from the hospital) and felt my asthma coming on. So I got rid of it and go a new bed the next day.

Ah! That sucks but I'm glad you figured it out so you can feel better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - Please forgive typos

• Jedi Initiate H

Training update

I have been settling back into the routine I had originally posted in one of my 1st posts. I was hoping to have more free time to work on building my skills over the break but it seems the universe has other ideas for me. I have somehow ended up with more paid work than I wanted over the break. I am not complaining as the extra money is very welcomed, I was hoping for more Jedi training time. So I will put some of my stretch targets back a bit like the book reviews and additional force research.

My fitness training is coming together very well. The basic outline for the next 4 weeks is:

Monday - am Swimming with pyramid sprints pm Body weight pyramids

Tuesday - am Yoga and joint mobility exercises pm Krav maga practice

Wednesday - am Yoga and joint mobility exercises pm Sprints-body weight exercise-jog

Thursday- am Yoga and joint mobility exercises pm rest

Friday- am Swimming with pyramid sprints pm calisthenics (body weight exercises)

Saturday - am Yoga and joint mobility exercises and
Paintball training (9am to 3pm) or Mountain bike ride 1 to 2hrs

Sunday- am Yoga and joint mobility exercises pm rest

Note the Yoga and joint mobility sessions are 30minutes and all other sessions are 1 hr.

This may seem a lot but it’s not really that much compared to my teenage yrs. This is what I will be doing for the next 4 weeks for fitness and will review it at the end of the period. I will post further details about the sessions in the coming days.

I have read and begun the Force 101 and meditation 101 courses. I am looking forward to completing them. The initial breathing and meditation exercises have brought some interesting insight.

H
:obiwan

• Jedi Initiate H

In all my excitement with my new fitness schedule I have sustained my 1st strain. Last night’s running cardio session my hamstring went tight and didn’t release. I think it will be about a week at least before I will be able to run again. I am not sure how it happened. My pyramid session on Monday which has squats and lunges but my hamstring felt fine after that. I only got 1 sprint in last night which was 120m. Every training session I do has a 10minute warm up and 10min cool down too, so I should be well stretched.

One thing is certain that I listened to my body instead of pushing through the pain, which something that I haven’t been good at in the past. The other interesting part is that it is not like I haven’t been exercising before this training routine, I was training 4-5 times per week which was 2x sessions with running and 2x session with body weight resistance exercises (ie push ups etc) plus yoga and joint mobility exercises. I did get a session in last night after the incident. We ended up doing a pyramid workout (the Monday session without legs).

I feel disappointed from this and hope it heals quickly.

• Thank you received: 75

zen-ryo senshi replied the topic: Henry's training Journal

Squats and Lunges do not work the Hams, they work the Quads. What kind of activities do you do during the 10 minute warm up before running?

If I speak from a good motivation out of sincerity, respect, and love for others, my actions are good, virtuous. If I act from a motivation of pride, hatred, criticism, and so forth, then my verbal and physical actions become nonvirtuous.

- 14th Dalai Lama

But the hams are not just sitting there. If he has tight hams (like I do) all sorts of weird things can happen as the other muscles get tired. While it's unlikely to hurt them in squats, lunges require a lot more from the muscles with stabilization. Henry, how closely are you paying attention to your technique?

• Jedi Initiate H

I "like" ;) to think that my technique is good but as the session goes on technique tends to slide... So in the pyramid work total reps for squats is 150 and Lunge is 200. I did do a heavy swimming session on the Monday morning so that could be a factor but I didn't pull up tight from that either.

My warm ups include joint mobility movements to get this going then into specific static stretches for that particular work out for all sessions. If I am doing a running it is a lap of the oval (jogging) before and if it is swimming 600m at 40-50%.
The joint mobility exercises include ankle rotations, knee rotations, leg swings (hamstring stretch and hip flex), ti chi twist, upper back and neck rotations and shoulder rotations. The static stretches are each major muscle group that I will use in each session. warm up generally (not including the swim or jog warm up) is 10 minutes. On the Wednesday in question my jog was short- iI just did the track length (120m) twice.

It is feeling better but I am not taking any chances. I can still to upper body but that is it. Last time I pushed through the pain I ended up having a knee operation.

Lol, maybe you're doing weird things while you sleep. ;-) I wake up with new pains often. Right now my toe hurts, no clue why. l think it's time to redouble my stretching efforts. i've gotten off track this week.

Time to create page: 0.102 seconds