Henry's training Journal

• Jedi Initiate H
  • Jedi Initiate H's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 18

Jedi Initiate H replied the topic: Henry's training Journal

I am disappointed that I have been unable to post or really do much jedi training lately. My uni studies have been all consuming and I still have 5 assessments and 2 exams to go in 3.5 weeks! :stars

I have tried my best to maintain a routine which I have not been to successful at doing. Burning the candle at both ends is not good and culminated into a migraine this morning. If it was not for my Jedi training to date and meditation I think I would be in a worse state. I probably would have dropped a unit or 2. :meditate

I am great full of my training to assist me to date and looking forward to more in the future. I aim to finish the intro course, look at setting up a wordpress account to chronolise my journey and review my PIP by the 26th of October.

This should be attainable.

So to finalise this entry I am still here and very keen to continue my journey.

H
:thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1457

Johannes (Yoshio) replied the topic: Henry's training Journal

What is important is to keep on going and not the time someone needs to achieve something.
Obviously number one priority should be your universal study and then the study here at the IJRS as it will still be available when You have finished university! ;)

Ahh, and all the best for your assessments and exams!

Qui-Gon Jinn: "We cannot control our emotions, but we can decide how we go along with them."
Bujinkan Busshin Dojo - Wordpressblog
NerdFitness Profile

• Jedi Initiate H

Thanks Yoshio.

its not long now until the end of semester. Then a break to focus on my Jedi training

H

• Kol Drake
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com
  • Thank you received: 1908

Kol Drake replied the topic: Henry's training Journal

I most definitely second Yoshio's post -- uni work first. The IJRS is specifically set up right now so that you CAN take a break when 'LIFE' demands your attention. Trying to 'burn the candle at both ends' -- usually just ends up getting your burned. Uni first and foremost -- the old IJRS will be here waiting.

• Jedi Initiate H

Well I am entering the last week of uni (not including exams) with 3 assignments to go. My efforts have defiantly paid off as the marks come rolling in. I attribute my short Jedi training to my focus this semester with meditation and reflection being prominently mention.

My mindfulness training has complete. I found the training very valuable and plan to write it when uni finishes. The weekly session help ground my mind so I did not get enveloped in all the pressure of assignments and exams.

I have completed all exercises in the introduction course and plan to review the PLP this coming week or so to get a handle on my current position and where I would like to go next. It would be good to meditate on it I feel.

Thanks again for all of faculty and IRTJ members for the training and support.

H

• Jax
  • Away
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal
  • Thank you received: 1859

Jax replied the topic: Henry's training Journal

Excellent! I remember the relief of end of semester. Enjoy it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - Please forgive typos

• Jedi Initiate H

Uni has finished for the yr! :cheer: now to get back into Jedi studies!

I am a few days late with this post but my poor little son was struck down with an asthma attack on Sunday and by Monday we were in hospital. Were back at home now and he is better which is great.

I have found the past 3 -4 months tuff and have not been able to complete as much as I have want but still managed to do a considerable amount. Uni grades were up this semester and as I have mentioned I believe that the Jedi studies at IJRS are a direct contributor to that. I am looking forward to completing at least 2 new courses over the next 4 months to gain new skills and experiences (stretch goal 4).

The mindfulness training was great and provided my a weekly meditation session. After the 1st two sessions it became much of the same and the sessions changed from being a single group to an open group so each week the basics were covered with only a small part being open to new topics. That was ok for me as I enjoyed the discussions and meditation. In all there was 8 sessions. I will be completing a write up of what mindfulness is and its application.

I aim to post more frequently in my training journal during the uni break. My focus will be on completing new courses, fitness, martial arts and force/energy research.

I have completed the review of my PLP and updated it with the updated sections in red text. See attached file for details.
This attachment is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

H

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

• Jax
  • Away
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal

Asthma attacks aren't fun. I hope he's feeling better. Do you know what triggered it?

Enjoy the break from Uni.

• Jedi Initiate H

Not 100% sure on what trigged it this time, he had a slight cold that was it. I have had asthma for 30yrs now and this attack was one of the "unknown" ones. there was no clear sign as to what triggered it. He did go near any cats and he didnt have a chest cold. I feel more confident in dealing with another person having an asthma attack now. I watched him all day and night observing the progression form getting relief from meds to having another attack. It is definitely different watch someone else go through it. He is my second little on and his name is Atticus.

I aim to enjoy the break! though I have to work 3 or so days a week to boost the bank balance buts still more hrs to dedicate to Jedi training. I cant believe food inflation at the moment it is getting high, its using up my funds fast.

H

• Jax
  • Away
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal

Do you cook from 'scratch' or do you buy boxed and partially prepared food? There are some really great resources out there to cook with whole food and it not be expensive. There might even be some links in the health and fitness forum. If not, let me know and I'll dig up a few I have enjoyed.

Time to create page: 0.097 seconds