Henry's training Journal

• Jedi Initiate H
  • Jedi Initiate H's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 18

Jedi Initiate H replied the topic: Re: Henry's training Journal

Can do jax :) When all of the sessions are complete I can do a full write up for the forum. The weekly sessions I'll do some small blurbs here so I dont forget what I have done. Uni is about to get insane with assignments over the next 6 weeks then it will tail off so I will have more head space for a good artical
:S :sick: :blink: :pinch: :ohmy:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1886

Jax replied the topic: Re: Henry's training Journal

:-)

• Jedi Initiate H

Week 2

So another week has past. How is it all going? Well because of uni and my family commitments, not as fast as I would like but it is on track to my plan. Overall this is not phasing me as it may once have as I feel that I am being guided more/I am more a wear and mindful of the guidance I am receiving now.

I completed the Creed assignment which was good as it made me stop and think what do I actually believe in. I could have written so much more but to confine it to three was difficult. In a way it is good because you really have to focus in on what makes you, you. I did want to add that I am values driven but could not put that down as a belief as it did not seem to fit.

I am a bit disappointed that I was unable to meditate this week. I did do some small Force exercises on the train travelling to and from uni. Breathing in energy and feeling it in my center. I also was able to feel a force between my hands when I was doing this also so I focused in on this and tried to move the energy from my center through my arms and out my hands. The result was interesting; it felt like a force of magnetism between my hands. As I moved them closer together they would repel and as I moved them apart they would attract. Also there was what felt like heat resinating too.

I also stumbled onto Psionics during the week while researching something or other on the net and found some interesting stuff. To me some of the techniques are very good and gel well with the force but from what I read it is very self centred and does not take into consideration other aspects of spirituality and like possibilities. Has anyone else had ay experience in Psionics?

My physical training is continuing well and the schedule is too.

Round 2 of mindfulness training, which I am looking forward too is tomorrow, so I will add a brief write up in the afternoon.

H

That's how it feels to me too. It's fun to just play around with the sensations between the hands. :-)

I've never done much with psi training, but I don't recall it being spiritual. That doesn't mean it is inherently bad, but you should always check a technique against your own ethics.

• Jedi Initiate H

I dont think it is bad at all, there is some really good training materials that develop the use of the Force. I feel that it is limiting because it does not open the individual up to other possibilities by only focusing on the power that is created from "within". This was the 1st site I came across www.psipog.net/home.html Im not going to use to much time on this as there seems to be many different interpretations to it, so I have some material & into type exercises which I will play around with for now. I am more focused on my Jedi training.

I will email you an ebook on the subject when I get home today.

That makes sense. Yes, people limit themselves when they focus on just their own power. It's easy to fall into. Hell, I did it for ages, even knowing better. Then when I needed the boost I did an mbo for a stronger shield and they helped. While I can be rather independent, I recognize my own natural limits and am grateful for the assistance.

• Jedi Initiate H

Mindfulness session 2,

This session was started off with a round table discussion on what mindfulness is. Now I am not going to go into depths on this yet. Briefly it is the practice of focusing on the here and now, noticing the small detail of that around you and even focusing in on others and their emotions.

The activity in this session was similar to the last as it was a guided meditation based on being mindful of your breath. Let me say this it is nice to stop in the middle of the day in a safe place and meditate of half an hour. The clarity of my head and the focus I have after is fantastic. During the session we were guided along the lines of the attachment. I did not overly follow the guide and focus in on just the breath but breathing the Force in. It had a small affect as I could feel energy build in my chest. Time really distorts when meditating for me and when I come back to my body my heart beat is slow, deep and loud. Now I’m not sure if that is normal but is seems to happen each time I meditate irrespective of type. If anyone has an idea about this let me know!

The facilitator did leave us with an exercise to do during the wee and that was to stop when there was a moment and focus in on our breath to bring our awareness to the here and now. Almost a mini mediation. To do this at times of stress, or moments that would otherwise be filled with hundreds of thoughts ie while waiting at the traffic lights for it to turn green.

H

This attachment is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

This attachment is hidden for guests.

This message has attachments files.

• Jedi Initiate H

Do you think that independence and ego can get mixed up and hinder ones growth?
Also I have seen the term mbo without sounding to new what is it?

• Thank you received: 1461

Johannes (Yoshio) replied the topic: Re: Henry's training Journal

If I may give an answer to both of your questions, I would say yes for the first one.
As I do see and understand ego it stands for being independent from whatever source. Normally our ego dictates us to be unique, be something or someone special or at least to not be as everyone else. But how can you become completely independent and serve your ego with it and still learn and grow? In my opinion this is not possible as I need to accept for the ability to learn something that someone knows more than me and therefore I will have to accept his knowledge and start to copy it. This is important to understand, I think, that everyone who is going to a learning process first has to copy the knowledge - knowledge here can stand for book knowledge, personal knowledge, a single person and so on - than he has to understand it before he would be able to 'break' it and make his own experiences out of it.
So, yes, ego and independency are for sure things which can and will hinder one’s own growth.

MBO stands for "Most benevolent outcome" and you can find an article about it via this link .

Qui-Gon Jinn: "We cannot control our emotions, but we can decide how we go along with them."
Bujinkan Busshin Dojo - Wordpressblog
NerdFitness Profile

It depends on how you mean independence. Also, what is the reason for it? Sometimes ego can come into play. If you want to do it alone so only you get the credit. Or to be better than others, to do it alone instead of with a group. But mostly I view independence as a way to push myself to come up with my own solutions. To tap into my own wisdom so I continue to grow. Otherwise it's too easy to rely on other's wisdom. While that can work, it limits growth. So I tend to view lack of independence as a hindrence.

MBO post

Time to create page: 0.101 seconds