Henry's training Journal

• Jedi Initiate H
  • Jedi Initiate H's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 18

Jedi Initiate H created the topic: Henry's training Journal

This will be my training journal for my time to becoming a Jedi and beyond!. I will post how my training is going overall as well as any other thoughts relating to Jediism or such topics.

My aim is to post at least once per week at this stage as uni is very intense at the moment.There wont be any changes to note on a daily basis but more so on a weekly timeline.

Here is my outline of the week

6.00am - wake up
6.00am - 8.00am - get ready for the days work, feed and play with kids and 45 minute workout.
8am - 5pm travel to and from uni, uni work and hopefully some light Jedi work/thinkingat lunch. My travelling time of about 40 minutes one way is on public transport so I do some reading as well.
5pm - 8.30pm time with family.
8.30pm to 9.30pm Jedi Training
9.30pm to 10pm meditation.
10pm - Bed

That is the aim for the week days. I have had success with this schedule. The only difference is I will try to fit that 1 hr of training in at night. The weekends are basically the same with the only difference being that I will only do about 4-5hrs of uni work during the day and the other 3-4hrs are spent with the family or Jedi training.

H

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Kol Drake
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com
  • Thank you received: 1923

Kol Drake replied the topic: Re: Henry's training Journal

I know some who also use public transit to get to/from work. For the longer commutes, they use that as part of their 'meditative time'. (And one or two also use it to 'test' some of the Force lessons and stuff they are working on! FREE GUINEA PIGS!!!)

:cheer:

• Jedi Initiate H

Jedi Initiate H replied the topic: Re: Henry's training Journal

I was doing that when I was reading "Jedi Prep School – Living the Force" by J.G.Carr. I had some interesting results ;) . That was the first "Force/Jedi" books I read.

When I finish the introduction activities I plan to dust it off and review then write activities from it (to help me remember it and if anyone wants a copy).

• Jedi Initiate H

So much for only posting once a week!

Anyway, I just had a thought/feeling and thought I would share.

Manifestation and visualisation

We create our own reality (to a point that is). The part of reality that we do create can bring joy/happiness/love or suffering/pain etc. If we subconsciously manifest out reality could we actually change our reality actively?

Yes I believe we can.

How? Visualise/feel in our minds eye the emotion/reality we feel we need not what we want, as that could lead to pain & suffering if it is not what we need. This is the point at which the "plan" could impact your reality because you did not get what you wanted. Float/meditate etc that image out into the Force and use what comes back to pull/guide that thought into this physical reality.

I thought I would put that thought out there.

H

• Thank you received: 1890

Jax replied the topic: Re: Henry's training Journal

Public transportation really does free up time to meditate and do energy work. While more challenging than sitting somewhere quiet (and non-moving) it is a realistic environment. :-)

• Jedi Initiate H

End of week 1.
Training this week went according to plan apart from mid-week food poisoning. I managed to do yoga on the 2 days off which is surprising.

The assignment this week was not to onerous but it got me thinking about my training and what it means to be a Jedi. It also cemented my resolve to make it happen. Even the training from this site and the various books I have read assisted me today with a small family get together. I was able to maintain my higher vibrations and not let the negativity get me down. I was able to stay mindful and see others point of view more clearly. I also have a basic outline of how I would like my training to progress (so long as I am ready that is).

H

• Jedi Initiate H

Personal Learning Plan

Name: H (Henry)
Advisor: to be appointed
Date: 29-7-2012
Rank working toward: Adept Rank (so am I novice rank?)

Integrative Practice Hours

Date Completed by: Number of Hours: 0

Activity 1: Health – Mindfulness training (stress minimization and focusing on the moment
to minimize stress).

Activity 2: Physical – Martial arts. Find new club and continue.

Activity 3:

Activity 4:

Total Hours = __________

Institute Courses

Course: Intro Course.
Completed on: Current Course

Course: Meditation.
Completed by: on completion of Intro course

Course: Force 101.
Completed by: on completion of Intro course

Additional Goals:

CPR Certification: _Done________ if none: Date of Completion:

First Aid Certification: _Done________ if none: Date of Completion:

I completed First aid with the army in Feb 2011 and that certificate is valid to Feb 2014. In Australia we cover both first aid and CPR. It would be great if this can be recognized by IJRS. I can email a copy of the certificate through.

Personal Goals:

These goals are taken from my work in the intro course

3 months – As the next 3 months corresponds to my uni calendar my aim for Jedi training is to complete 1 lesson/activity a week. This may not always be possible but I will try. I want to have finished the Introduction Course and be on to Force 101 and Meditation 101. Also my mindfulness training will be completed as well. Martial arts training will be a stretch goal for this period.

3 to 6 months – Completed Force 101 and Meditation 101 then onto Spirituality 101. Work hard to achieve the 50 hrs of outside training required for Novice level. Select and join a new martial arts club.

6months to 1 year – Complete the Novice level and move onto the Adept Level.
Course order (guidance on this would be great)
Creed 101 & Personal 101
Jedi Studies 101 & Communication 101
Situational Preparedness 101 & Warrior Principles 101

After writing this it might take a little longer but I like stretch goals.

Obstacles you face in achieving those Goals:

The biggest challenge will be time. I don’t feel I will have too much trouble completing the work itself but finding a balance to all the other activities that are in my life and my training

Solutions to those Obstacles:

Continually review my goals and track progress. Once I receive some feedback on this I will develop a more meaningful timeline as I do not have a good feel for the work that is required to complete each course.

Food poisoning is horrible. Glad you're feeling better though.
Yes, your first aid/cpr counts.
The mindfulness training - is there a book or something you are going off of?

• Jedi Initiate H

Thanks for the thoughts Jax, only 2 days so it was short. I will email you the certificate for the first aid training and the course flyer for the mindfulness training.

Mindfulness training Session 1

This attachment is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

The mindfulness training is a seminar session with a facilitator and is 1hr long for 8 sessions. Today’s session went along the lines I felt it was going to go. The facilitator was a clinical physiologist who has studied the power of mindfulness to lower stress and bring harmony to those who practice it. We started with a discussion on what mindfulness was/is and then a guided session which I would almost call guided meditation. The meditation was guide by the facilitator with the topic mindfulness topic of Body Scan (see attached).

So what is it to practice mindfulness?

Most people as time goes on people slip into an autopilot mode that takes us away from the moment (and the Force for that matter) as we get more and more wrapped up in the physical/material world. The result being: higher stress and less engagement in the moment where life really takes place. Do you remember what you did when you woke up this morning? How you got ready? What you ate for breakfast? How your partner’s day was? We spend a great deal of our day “plugged in” and come home only to plug into the TV or the net and as much as coming home and watching tv seems like relaxing it actually makes it worse as we a further bombarded with information through advertising etc. Before anyone mentions yes I do see the irony of participation in online training with IJRS but our topics open our minds and encourage us to think/feel outside of our normal boundaries, to connect with our higher self’s and then to participate in our communities through various activities .

A good definition taken from www.thehappinesstrap.com/mindfulness summarises what it is and means:
“Increasingly recognised as an effective way to reduce stress, increase self-awareness, enhance emotional intelligence, and effectively handle painful thoughts and feelings”

So how does one be mindful? Simple (if only), stop, unplug and smell the roses. Notice what you are doing and focus in on it, reflect on what you’re experiencing and enjoy the moment. Letting go is key, acknowledge what cannot be done and suffering that has occurred to be free from the burden.

Our practice today was meditation to “Body Scan” spoken by the facilitator. It was like a time warp! The idea of this was to free our minds of what was troubling us and accept that the time we were there for was as our time to unplug. The words spoken were to guide us to re-connect our minds to our bodies. What an experience it was! During the session as the facilitator guided us to feel different locations in our bodies I could feel the start of my nerves firing off in my brain then the signal travel down my spinal column, out the root nerves into the various parts of my body that we were directed to. The energy was amazing as it travelled to the point then around the area then picked back up by the sensors to travel back up to my brain. The energy of the room picked up vastly after the session.

It was well worth attending and I am looking forward to next week. To a Jedi I feel that mindfulness is very important. We need to be present to feel what is around us so we can better deal with situations going on. I think that the training will help in the future with my Force work as well.

H

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

Excellent! And yes, as a seminar it's quite valid to include in your PLP. Can you please writeup something for the forum when you complete it? Or as you go?

Time to create page: 0.105 seconds