William Kaede's training journal.

• Kol Drake
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com
  • Thank you received: 1920

Kol Drake replied the topic: William Kaede's training journal.

heck... pay the minimum fee and sign 'the book' and you can perform civil ceremonies all you want. Just make certain the bride and groom fill out and sign the proper slip of paper which goes back to the local court house. Other then a few other forms and doing it in a church; a religious ceremony is not much more .. except for following the 'traditional' format.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Michael Southernskies
  • Michael Southernskies's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gunmetal Adept
  • Thank you received: 23

Michael Southernskies replied the topic: William Kaede's training journal.

In being here at the Institute you and I have made a conscious decision to deviate from social norms. 'Jedi' as a religion is barely recognised and here in Australia it is a fineable offence to list your religion as Jedi on paperwork. In coming here I broke the initial link and in staying here I embraced aberration. Not that I really care much about social opinions of me or those of my ilk at this point. The reactions of others are a game of perception to me; I enjoy noticing people's reactions to my actions and appearance as it can give some insight towards their personality. I actually want to spend a day on a train reading the Satanic Bible or Mein Kampf just to see what happens.
By embracing deviation, or darkness as the Sith Order training would define it, I have access to a repository of knowledge, wisdom and experience. I can discuss and argue with fellow students and masters. Aberration has not led me astray when it led me here.
But I need to be mindful with displays of non-conformity. Those adhering to social norms may not react well, which can be expected. But it is when we predict that they will act aggressively or are willing to expel me from the culture that restraint and caution must be exercised. In learning to read the second language of all mankind, I am able to safely gauge a person's readiness to tolerate, for lack of a better word, heretics.
The West Memphis Three are the only example I need and the only lesson I need to learn in this regard.
Learn and embrace misdirection and dissemination, adopt various disguises or merely hold back parts of the self. If you are truly skilled you can still express yourself but maintain your cover as someone who doesn't defy convention.
But before that, ask why you feel you may have to hide, even in plain sight. At work I put my cynicism and atheism away and become a worker. With the inlaws I shut up and play nice. When I'm with real friends I suppress nothing, because my choices in life have led me to some amazing friends.
In the end of things I suppose there's a moral here somewhere. Make what choices you will, conventional or not, because conformity without consideration for alternatives is for people who don't have enough personality to stand on their own.

Embracing the truth will change your fate

• Thank you received: 1890

Jax replied the topic: William Kaede's training journal.

Ideally, I would think the goal is to push enough to make people think, and view things different, but not to the point of major backlash (which puts you in prison, gets you fired, gets you attacked...). I view it as a scale in a way. You can tip the balance a bit, but tip them too far and things crash to the ground. Each situation has their own weight to balance. Some are very easy to upset. Proceed with caution. Others can be pushed quite far, that's where you stretch out and see what you can do.

Personally, I don't advocate doing this just to do it. There needs to be a purpose that brings about benefit. But if we don't do anything, people remain asleep, sleepwalking through life, and then voting while asleep, thus affecting everyone else.

• Michael Southernskies
  • Gunmetal Adept

Jax wrote: and then voting while asleep, thus affecting everyone else.

Which is why I believe democracy doesn't work, at least not in Australia or America. Australians are far too apathetic to actually give a damn and will only act on what they see as benefiting them in the immediate, or whatever news sensation is currently going. My stepfather fell for anti-Muslim bullsith on the news and put us as Christian on the census. I was not happy.

And in America it's far too theatrical. American politics is entertaining, but there's a lot of rallying and what-not. It gets the masses into a frenzy and makes sure the wrong amount of the wrong people vote for the wrong guy. That being said, with the two-party system being what it is, you're not electing an individual as much as you're electing a party.

• Michael Southernskies
  • Gunmetal Adept

Currently reading a book on kinesics; nonverbal communication. It was written by an FBI Special Agent and focuses primarily on physical signs of stress and comfort and gauging someone's mood based on your perceptions. I've noticed the subtle body language betraying my thoughts as well. Using Holmsian perception and deduction, I will eventually be able to detect signs of untruth or deception. From there I will build on my interpersonal communication, persuasion and manipulation.

• Michael Southernskies
  • Gunmetal Adept

A review of the book mentioned above is available in the book reviews section.

At the moment I'm exploring a new Sith Order site I'm found as well as considering taking up Jedi training, if only to see what the Jedi undergo.

• Thank you received: 1462

Johannes (Yoshio) replied the topic: William Kaede's training journal.

I already have read your review and this book definitely sounds like something I would like to read. But I have to skip it to a later date, as there are already too many books on my self to read. :P

As for maybe picking-up Jedi training, I'm definitely looking forward to see You in classes and see what You think about the stuff we had put together as courses here at the IJRS.

Qui-Gon Jinn: "We cannot control our emotions, but we can decide how we go along with them."
Bujinkan Busshin Dojo - Wordpressblog
NerdFitness Profile

• Thank you received: 1890

Jax replied the topic: William Kaede's training journal.

As soon as I get an application from you I'll set up your access to training. ;-)

I'll take a look at the review when I get a chance. Thank you for supplying one!

• Michael Southernskies
  • Gunmetal Adept

I'm working on defining my own 'Path' as a Force Realist. It shall be known as the Path of Heresy and should hopefully represent my perception.

• Kol Drake
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com
  • Thank you received: 1920

Kol Drake replied the topic: William Kaede's training journal.

heh... will be interesting to read 'The Path of Hairy Cee'. Different perspectives are always worth looking at.

Time to create page: 0.101 seconds