William Kaede's training journal.

• Thank you received: 1890

Jax replied the topic: Re: William Kaede's training journal.

I think those who are truly gifted with the cards would disagree. I've had some great readings by people who used them as a way to gain insight into me. They knew nothing about me, didn't even know what i was asking for insight on. Yet they spoke for almost a half hour based on the cards. They were very accurate. There are many levels to all of these tools. For some it is what you describe. For others they are tapping into something way above that. It is their way of receiving higher level information. The reading I received last year providing the same level of insight as I gained from a powerful psychic years earlier. The method of gaining information was different, the result the same. But it's rare to find people of that caliber no matter the medium they use.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 75

zen-ryo senshi replied the topic: Re: William Kaede's training journal.

WilliamKaede wrote:

zen-ryo senshi wrote:

WilliamKaede wrote: Kindle Electronic Edition, published Dec 17, 2007.

Who's listed as the translater/author?

Victor Harris.

Victor Harris is actually one of the best. His was also the first commercial translation. Many of the other translations can sound like they have an agenda. Harris is a little outdated, but he has a good balance of academic integrity and lay simplification. I particularly like his translation of the Scroll of Emptiness. If you replace the word, "Void," with the word, "the Force," you get a very interesting view into one possible understanding of the Force.

By the way, the worst "translation" out there is the one by Boyé Lafayette De Mente. I should have known it couldn't be any good when the cover had five rings linked together in a circle/star.

If I speak from a good motivation out of sincerity, respect, and love for others, my actions are good, virtuous. If I act from a motivation of pride, hatred, criticism, and so forth, then my verbal and physical actions become nonvirtuous.

- 14th Dalai Lama

• Michael Southernskies
  • Michael Southernskies's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gunmetal Adept
  • Thank you received: 23

Michael Southernskies replied the topic: Re: William Kaede's training journal.

I find myself arguing with a Light Aspect member who has a great deal of incorrect notions about the dark side. I am no stranger to being in this situation. It leads me to reflect on how knowing the Light was part of my training, and how knowing the true Dark does not seem to be part of the Light's.

Embracing the truth will change your fate

If you have time, could you expand on this and write up a post about it? I'm not sure what it means to not know the true dark. So what does that mean to you? I think it would spark some really beneficial discussions for everyone, and I don't want to do that in your journal. :-)

• Michael Southernskies
  • Gunmetal Adept

General Discussion or Living the Jedi Path, Jax?

There's been a bit of a sithstorm over at the Academy lately between the Light and Dark Aspect members having arguments based on the tenets of philosophy.

• Kol Drake
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com
  • Thank you received: 1920

Kol Drake replied the topic: Re: William Kaede's training journal.

heck, you could even put it under "Spirituality, Religion and Philosophy".

As much as 'Light' folk might wish they were pure and some mix of Sir Lancelot, Jesus, and maybe RoboCop -- the truth is, we all have the seed of 'a darker mind' that we try very hard to keep in check. No road rage; no mindless shooting those annoying neighbors because of their dog; no strangling the boss after they stepped on your last nerve, etc. It is compartmentalized and the storms are kept in tight check -- but they still exist and should not be denied. It should also not be actualized -- that would get messy.

Of course, there is the 'darkest of the dark' whereas, I kind of assume ( ... I know, THAT can get me into trouble... ) the standard 'Dark aspect' is more about using the subtler forms of 'the darkness' (passion, desire, etc.) as tools to focus and aim for specific goals. Even a 'dark knight' would have a nugget of 'Light' -- as we mentioned in some other post -- it's a dynamic balance at best.

But, in some minds -- it's one or the other. Either you are a 'blue state or a red state' or a 'Light' or 'Dark' instead being 'people' with a common cause -- trying to make the best of living in this crazy world of ours.

• Michael Southernskies
  • Gunmetal Adept

Last Saturday I overcame my fear of public speaking and ministered a wedding.

In dark side related news, I managed to impersonate an ordained minister all day last Saturday and no-one was the wiser.

hahaha did you know the people?

• Michael Southernskies
  • Gunmetal Adept

Only the bride, groom, two of the groomsmen and one of the bridesmaids.
The groom's family, Italian Catholics, were convinced I was an ordained celebrant/minister. Flying out to Hollywood tomorrow.

Jax replied the topic: William Kaede's training journal.

Lol perhaps the bar is set pretty low for weddings. Say the right words and people will believe. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Time to create page: 0.120 seconds