Kurin's Training Journal

• Kol Drake
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com
  • Thank you received: 1892

Kol Drake replied the topic: Re:Kurin's Training Journal

I hope that is a 'good tired' as in "I actually felt like I got a good workout" and not -- why the heck did I do THAT? :P

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1848

Jax replied the topic: Re:Kurin's Training Journal

That's good. That means your body did some work and can now grow stronger. Exercise should take energy and effort otherwise you aren't benefiting from it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brian

• Thank you received: 1444

Johannes (Yoshio) replied the topic: Re:Kurin's Training Journal

But please keep in mind that our muscle grow when we take a break and that is why it is normally recommended to take about 48 hours or one fully day break before doing a physical/strength workout again. Otherwise you don’t give your muscles the chance to heal and grow. The best approach might be to do a workout every second day, if possible, and every time when it starts feeling too easy, add to it, be it either more reps or one more set. Whatever works best for You!

Qui-Gon Jinn: "We cannot control our emotions, but we can decide how we go along with them."
Bujinkan Busshin Dojo - Wordpressblog
NerdFitness Profile
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brian

• Thank you received: 153

Brian replied the topic: Re:Kurin's Training Journal

Its a good tired, Kol. :)

Assistant Instructor-Communication 101

• Thank you received: 153

Brian replied the topic: Kurin's Training Journal

3-26-15

Since my last post I have continued to increase my repetitions and sets in my NF workout. These new workouts are harder but also satisfying. The weather is getting warmer and I am looking forward to the summer so I can re-integrate swimming into my physical exercise routine. I have also continued with my martial arts routine which includes Krav Maga and fencing.

I am getting more involved with NAMI as a board member and advocacy chair. I have been following the LA City Council to get familiarized with it so I can one day advocate for supportive housing for the mentally ill.

Assistant Instructor-Communication 101

The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake, Jax

Time to create page: 0.086 seconds