Nitsud's Training Journey

• Thank you received: 150

Dustin replied the topic: Nitsud's Training Journey

My brain gets static when trying to get intuitive familiarity with things as they came along real time. Even when I think about family, pets, or random simple stuff like apples. So this morning I decided to start simple and stick with learning to become familiar with a color a day over the next few days. I was in the shower when this idea came to me, so white ended up being the color I kept my eye out four over the course of the day.

I'm not sure whether I can remember everything that came to me, let alone record it but in summary everything points to a single feeling: intent. Blank sterile surfaces meant to be clean and uniform ready to be a canvas for contrast whither writing, painting, or cleaning up refuse. Skeletal structures, internal and external, providing form for flesh. Bright lights directed at a subject can make them stand out to others while blind them just as completely as darkness.

Translucence also came to mind often since in the form of a fluid white is almost always, in reality, opaque. And most fluids are opaque to some extent but that's kind of the point. It's a medium, a slate in which other colors can stand out. To some extent same goes for glossy finishes like mirrors or chrome in the way they project the light that comes to them. They aren't the same... just similar somehow. I didn't let myself venture to far into other colors or finishes because I wanted to stick to the plan. I'll probably get to finishes and combinations when I get through the 9 basic colors (WBROYGBIV).

Colors led to a few internal stories from my past like white full-size pickup reminds me of my uncle during the time period I worked for him. He is a strong and well-defined personality in my past and the feeling I get of him goes along with the idea of intent as well. But other stories came up too: Cleaning toilets as Wendy's, blank canvases frustrate me because I have issues choosing what to draw/write, walking or driving through a depth of fog... I can't remember them all.

Anyway, I can't help but feel like this was a good idea. I'll keep at white for the rest of today and tomorrow I'll do black... which is kind of serendipitous since I'm going to a funeral. That reminds me, white stands for death in eastern cultures... I had a dialogue with myself on that too and it was on the line of intent. Eastern cultures emphasizes a profound acknowledgement of their ancestors... honoring their spirit etc. Western cultures usually associates the color with innocence and purity. I get intent from those visions too.

Yup... good times rattling around in my brain. In other news I've got my Unix systems up and running at home and work and have started making my first programs. Pretty excited about that.

"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." - Anais Nin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1848

Jax replied the topic: Nitsud's Training Journey

Thank you for sharing this. It's quite fascinating.

I thought more on whiteness Thursday night and I'd like to update my conclusion on "white" from simply intent to "exiting with purpose." It's kinda the same but a little more broad as I thought of stars at night, road reflectors, white cells of the immune system, and various powders like salt, sugar, bagged cement, etc... then Friday as I thought of black before coming here to write it all down.

It's interesting because I got scores of memories and feelings from white that all kind of have this common denominator I mentioned previously. From black I got no common theme without including form, finish (matte, glossy, etc), or other senses. This makes sense considering that black is the absence of visual signal but it's still a bit unexpected considering that my purpose is to feel out colors without too much thinking and whatnot. I've resolved to basically take the lesson for what it is and moving on.

Today I'll keep my eye out for Red.

Esoteric aside, I visited the doctor yesterday about my back. She thinks I may have bulged a disk... I think bulged is the adjective she used. Anyway, apparently I need to focus on tightening my core, which makes some sense. I haven't even tried to exercise for a while now... I mentioned this before but it's hard to discipline one's self on an infant's chaotic daily cycle. Luckily Atticus has started sleeping through the night as of last week (YES!) so I'm starting to get back into a groove and I'll expand into physical activities after talking to a physical therapist to make sure whatever movements I do aren't doing to much or too little in terms of setting things right.

• Thank you received: 1848

Jax replied the topic: Nitsud's Training Journey

If you've git compression in your back you need to see a chiropractor. Strengthening without aligning the spine isn't going to help. It reinforces the poor alignment. If you were here i know exactly where to send you. My new chiro does active release before adjusting so it's more gentle. Until he worked on my fascia. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - Please forgive typos

It sounds like my back isn't that bad off. She (the doc) said that I would probably be fine even if I didn't go to PT, that what I was already doing would likely heal it without issue. But I need to be careful and more mindful because I'm at the age when this sort of thing starts becoming at thing. So I plan to go to a couple PT sessions to not so much learn about new exercises but practice exercises under a professional's eye to ensure I'm doing them correctly. The yoga positions I know and use to stretch and strengthen my back were internet-taught. A professional eye wouldn't go amiss.

Yesterday while looking for and contemplating the color red the theme I picked up was: Radiance. Projectance might be a better word if it was a word... but the way it sticks out it isn't surprising that so many logos are white and red. An announcements of intent or purpose. It's like unspoken mission statements including the stripes on the American flag. Interesting.

Anyway I've got more than a few shocks and scars from red things from burners to Swiss Army Knives to electrical cables which are usually labeled red for the live wire. And they usually cause red things on my skin that announce red visually to go along with the pain. Tail lights, Christmas, valentines day, the Matrix ("girl in the red dress"), the Scottish, hot sauce, explosions, camp fires... all kinds of memories from red things to contemplate.

These exercises are fascinating. KitFox and I talked about grounding and shielding yesterday morning. The meat of it is in her post here , of course. But I seemed to get something when I imagined the white (Force) mixing with the green (earth); may be interesting to recall that white is a color I have interacted with in this exercise. It could have just been circumstantial but it felt like the back of my shirt crawled.

Next I'm doing blue because it's another primary color that is commonly found. Also because red and blue are so often together and I'm curious what the relation is.

Should I be putting my observations on color in a meditation journal? Does it matter?

I look forward to my back building up the protection it needs to allow me to exercise again. I feel like I've taken my well-being for granted and am paying a price somehow.

Anyway, yesterday I kept my eye out for blue things. I came out with an overall feeling of congealment. Blue things feel likely to stay predictable, steady, not change a whole lot... not rapidly anyway. Things that are blue tend to stay the blue they are without even shifting their shade quickly.

• Kol Drake
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com
  • Thank you received: 1868

Kol Drake replied the topic: Nitsud's Training Journey

I once read somewhere (sometime long ago) that blue was the first color to 'fade' with sight since it is so 'there' in the sky all the time. Interesting observations on 'blue'... never would have thought 'blue=congealment'.

I didn't expect to get congealment either... but it seems to make sense in my head and that's what this exploration is all about I think. I guess predictable or reliable could be other terms for blue... but it seems to be a pretty inclusive color.

Yesterday for green I have issues coming up with one word to describe it. Advancement or change are the two I kept coming to. Plants, gardening, weeding, road signs, grounding wires, Mr. Yuck stickers, recycling, one of the colors at my wedding. Yeah.. that's what I got.

Today I'm looking out for yellow. So far I'm getting "projection" but we'll see.

Yesterday I also read the Personal 101 pdf front to back as well as the assignments I've turned in so far. I started the next assignment and hope to have that ready Friday. So close to having Personal 101 done, of the IJS courses I have on my plate finishing P101 will be my priority. But I do intend to catch myself up to where I left off with Force 101 and Meditation 101 before getting back to programming. It'll be a relief to finally finish something I started here.

• Kol Drake
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com
  • Thank you received: 1868

Kol Drake replied the topic: Nitsud's Training Journey

Oft times, it's the 'little victories' (finishing an assignment or project a 'well done at the end of the day') which brings satisfaction rather then tackling monumental efforts and hoping for some closure in the end.

That's true too, I feel pretty accomplished for just catching up and now I'm 24 hours into this assignment which has me tracking my emotions and awareness nearly hourly for a week. It's a better tribute to that success to follow through to the end than to wait another 4-5 months when I would have to get my bearings all-over again.

Technically I think I've been been at the Meditation course since the last incarnation of this site. It'll truly be a happy day when I can turn that signature badge green.

In the end you're right, there is no real closure, just more mile markers. Stagnation is death.

Time to create page: 0.095 seconds