Nick's Training Journal

• Nick
  • Nick's Avatar Topic Author
  • Falling is part of the journey
  • Thank you received: 173

Nick replied the topic: 04/06/12

Morning Workout 30 min
  • Stretch 5 min
  • Alternating push ups, sit ups, leg lifts, and calf raisers (4 sets of 25, 50, 30, and 60 seconds up, 60 seconds down, respectively) 20 min
  • Cool Down Stretch 5 min

Lunchtime Training 60 min
  • Writing and researching Quantum Theory blog post for Force 101 Lesson 1 Homework and a Toastmasters speech 60 min

"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err."

--Mahatma Gandhi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Nick

Nick replied the topic: 04/07/12 - 4/09/12

I will be updating my weekend training on Mondays, because I don't get online much while at home.

My family spent the weekend at my in-laws which is always a great time. The kids had spend the whole previous week down there, because my wife went to a friend's house for most the week to help a her with her kids because she just gave birth to a new baby girl.
My wife came home with a new found respect for how easy we have it with our well behaved daughters who know how to play and learn on their own. Also, she confirmed a feeling we mutually had decided about two months ago, which is we do not want to get pregnant and birth another baby. A hard decision to make, but not as hard as raising three young children simultaneously and really know who each of them are.
So I have a consultation to get snipped in a few weeks. I have some work travel in May, so I was hoping to get the procedure done before then, but it looks like that won't happen. Of course, this won't stop us from adopting or fostering when our girls are older.

Saturday Workout 45 min
  • Stretch 5 min
  • Alternating push ups, sit ups, leg lifts, and calf raisers (4 sets of 25, 50, 30, and 60 seconds up, 60 seconds down, respectively) 20 min
  • Alternating standing abdominal knee raiser crunches, hamstring "butt kicks", standing toe touches (4 sets of 30 each leg, 30 each leg, 30 each toe) 15 min

Saturday Activity
  • Reading Quantum Mechanics book 30 min

Sunday Workout 30 min
  • Stretch 5 min

Sunday Activity
  • Attending Church (Easter Service) 120 min

Church Blog:
www.thoughts.com/JediNickD/church-sermon-easter-service

Monday Workout 30 min (exhausted from the long trip home, so I slept in and skipped the gym)
  • Stretch and Warm Up 5 min
  • Cool Down and Stretch 5 min

Monday Training 30 min (had to work through part of lunch)

"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err."

--Mahatma Gandhi

• Nick

Nick replied the topic: 04/10/12

Morning Workout 30 min
  • Free Weights: Flys, Bench Press, Overhead Press, Curls, Standing Tricep Lift (3 sets 10 reps 30 lbs) 20 min

• Toastmasters Meeting 60 min

Toastmasters Blog:
www.thoughts.com/JediNickD/toastmasters-just-a-poor-meeting

--Mahatma Gandhi

• Nick

Nick replied the topic: 04/11/12

Morning Workout 45 min
  • Warm Up and Stretch 5 min
  • Treadmill 20 min (1 mile 7:32, 1.375 miles 10:35, 2 miles 15:29)
  • Cool Down and Stretch 3 min
  • Bench Press 7 min (3 reps 120 lbs, 125 lbs, 120 lbs)

• Reading Quantum Theory Material 60 min

Padawan Training 15 min
"No Trying, Just Do It":
www.thoughts.com/JediNickD/padawan-training-no-trying-just-do-it

--Mahatma Gandhi

• Nick

Nick replied the topic: 4/12/12

Morning Workout 45 min
  • Leg Press (3 sets 10 reps 500, 510, 520 lbs, 5 reps 530 lbs, 5 reps 570 lbs, 2 reps 610 lbs) 20 min
  • Standing Curl Bar (3 sets 10 reps 35, 45, 55 lbs) 5 min
  • Hamstring Curl Machine (3 sets 10 reps 65, 70, 75 lbs) 5 min

• Writing Padawan Blog 15 min
  • Writing Book Review: "Why Does E=mc^2" 15 min
  • Reading Quantum Theory Material 30 min

Book Review: "Why Does E=mc^2"
instituteforjedirealiststudies.org/forum/44-book-reviews/25872-why-does-e-mc-2-by-brian-cox-and-jeff-forshaw
www.thoughts.com/JediNickD/book-review-why-does-emc2

--Mahatma Gandhi

• Thank you received: 76

Beral Khan replied the topic: Re: Nick's Training Journal

Hello Nick,

Every time I read your posts, I get motivated. I'm glad you are here!

I used to trust my force of Will.
Now I trust in the will of the Force.

Jedi Communication? Well its removing assumptions, questioning the absolutes, and asking for clarity of statements.

• Nick

Nick replied the topic: Re: Nick's Training Journal

Beral Khan wrote: Hello Nick,

Every time I read your posts, I get motivated. I'm glad you are here!

I'm glad you are motivated! And I'm certainly happy to be here!

By the way, I use my posts as motivation, too. I make sure I post about my training everyday to force myself to do something everyday. Even on those chaotic weekends, if something comes up and I miss training, then I can always just make it up before bed.

--Mahatma Gandhi
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beral Khan

• Nick

Nick replied the topic: Hannigan's Ban

So Hannigan finally earned a ban. I didn't follow the whole story (nor do I care to), but it seems appropriate with the way he approached the situation and never let it go. Others involved could use a cool down too I would assume as he wasn't arguing with himself.

To be honest, I think he only brought the drama with Jax to the IJRS forum, because he wanted to ensure his reputation and appearance was not tarnished for current or potential students of his. Why else would he continue to promote his Healer group here? Why not just leave and let the IJRS members in his group promote the group here? His ego.

Was he taking courses here? Is he a teacher here? Are his padawan-master relationships recognized here? No, No, and No. Then take your disruptive behavior, pack your bag, and shove off. Any of those answers change in the future, then feel free to come back and unpack, but leave the ego and disruptive behavior at the door.

--Mahatma Gandhi
The following user(s) said Thank You: David (Phoenix), Beral Khan, zen-ryo senshi, Taijibum, Stryse

• Nick

Nick replied the topic: 04/13/12

Morning Workout 30 min
  • Stretch 5 min

• Reading Quantum Theory Material 30 min
  • Writing Referee Blog: Ear Piercings 30 min

Referee Blog:
www.thoughts.com/JediNickD/referee-blog-ear-piercings

--Mahatma Gandhi

• Nick

Nick replied the topic: 04/14/12 - 4/16/12

I will be updating my weekend training on Mondays, because I don't get online much while at home.

This weekend was my eldest daughter's 4th birthday party (actual birthday is today). With both sides of the family visiting plus nine kids, it was a good size party. Luckily, it was a beautiful day, so the kids played outside most the day. The ducks were not amused. My wife planned an excellent party with plenty of activities to keep the kids busy, though. Besides, Adri being too tired by the end to say goodbye to her friends, there wasn't any issues. My family was exhausted by the end, rolling right into Sunday. My youngest had been sick and on anti-botics all week. By Sunday, my eldest had come down with something too and was feverish most the day. We skipped Church and slept the afternoon away. I hope today is an easy day at the pediatrician for my wife. I might swing home for lunch.

Saturday Workout 30 min
  • Stretch 5 min

Saturday Activity

Sunday Workout 30 min
  • Stretch 5 min

Sunday Activity

Monday Workout 30 min
  • Treadmill (1 mile 6:46, 2 miles 15:53) 20 min

Monday Training 60 min
  • Reading Quantum Theory Material 60 min

--Mahatma Gandhi

Time to create page: 0.120 seconds