Nick's Training Journal

• Thank you received: 1848

Jax replied the topic: Re: 4/03/12

There are lessons to learn in this for everyone. If your mind is cloudy that's something to address first and foremost. Energy cleansing has done a world of good for everyone I've been talking to lately. I recommend the chakra cleanse pinned in the esoterics area. Take a shower, setting your intention that the water cleanses your energy, not just your body, taking away all the negative energy building up. And you can also ground. There are techniques, Kol has a ton of them somewhere I think. Finally, take a moment to focus and set the intention that you are removing all non-benevolent energy connections from your energy. Let them disconnect. You should feel lighter. You may want to cleanse again after that since they could have been dirtying up your energy still. This will help. Then don't allow them to reattach. How you do this is up to you. I just refuse to let something take purchase in my mind. I refocus on something else.

We have guidelines that we are following. However, if you'd like to discuss this with myself or another faculty member, you are welcome to. You don't need to hold it inside or wonder.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beral Khan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 71

Beral Khan replied the topic: Re: Nick's Training Journal

I completely agree and understand how you feel Nick. I often have to remind myself that the Force moves as it does. When it moves in a way that puts me in an uncomfortable place (especially when it happens HERE), that there are lessons to be learned in patience when dealing with people who appear to be embarrassingly delusional egoists.

I think there are lessons to be learned in examples of how we should not be as well. Without the occasional reminder, we would only have them in the theoretical.

The good news is, once we have learned all we are supposed to, the Force will guide us out of this frustrating situation. At least, it is how I have come to interpret the world. :)

Also, I am looking to check out local Toastmaster groups here in Wichita, Kansas. As a Master of Ceremonies (as well as Jedi Realist) I thought that it might be a good group to check out.

Have you been a member long?

I used to trust my force of Will.
Now I trust in the will of the Force.

Jedi Communication? Well its removing assumptions, questioning the absolutes, and asking for clarity of statements.

• Nick
  • Nick's Avatar Topic Author
  • Don't Stop Believing... in yourself!
  • Thank you received: 142

Nick replied the topic: Re: Nick's Training Journal

I've been a member of Toastmasters for about a month with only one speech under my belt. It is certainly a worthwhile club for anyone in any career.

"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err."

--Mahatma Gandhi

• Thank you received: 80

Taijibum replied the topic: Re: Nick's Training Journal

Nick wrote: I've been a member of Toastmasters for about a month with only one speech under my belt. It is certainly a worthwhile club for anyone in any career.

I did Toastmasters too. I only did a few speeches because the group I was in really sucked. I later joined the Freemasons who have the same sort of leadership/speaker training, plus a lot of mystical things thrown in.

Nick, I really admire you ability to log and keep track of your training. Keep it up, your an inspiration.

• Nick

I always have a notebook or phone on me to jot things down if I can't get to the computer to update my journal (I don't like posting from my phone). I keep the Training Journal simple, then provide links to a blog where I go into details when necessary.

To help achieve my goals of fitness and training goals, I make sure I have something to post for everyday. If I don't have anything by the end of the day, then I can always read something or do a situp/pushup workout before bed.

I'd like to do reflections of the day in a notebook or blog before bed, but I write and type too slow and would be up too late. It is less exhausting to do them in my mind and type it up the next day if I feel anything is worthwhile.

"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err."

--Mahatma Gandhi

• Nick

Nick wrote: I've been a member of Toastmasters for about a month with only one speech under my belt. It is certainly a worthwhile club for anyone in any career.

Today, I got two speeches in, my first Table Topics speech and my first Evaluation speech! www.thoughts.com/JediNickD/toastmasters-6-first-table-topic-and-evaluation

--Mahatma Gandhi

• Thank you received: 80

Taijibum replied the topic: Re: Nick's Training Journal

Hahaha... Table Topics! I hated that!

• Nick

Nick replied the topic: 04/04/12

Morning Workout 30 min
  • Stretch and Warm Up 5 min
  • Treadmill (8 minute mile pace, 2.5 miles) 20 min
  • Cool Down and Stretch 5 min

Lunchtime Training 60 min
  • Writing Blog on "What is Existence?" 60 min

--Mahatma Gandhi

• Nick

Taijibum wrote: Hahaha... Table Topics! I hated that!

I actually think Table Topics might benefit me the most to start off. I need to get more comfortable standing in front of a group of people and thinking on my feet. I get nervous, lose my train of thought, and I freeze up. If I can breakdown the nervousness, then I can avoid the freeze up.

--Mahatma Gandhi

• Nick

Nick replied the topic: 04/05/12

I rested this morning and planning to workout in the evening. My wife and I will head over to the YMCA together.

Lunchtime Training 60 min
  • Writing Blog on "What is Existence?" 60 min
  • Meditation 101 Lesson 1 Excerise 2 meditation 15 min

I realized this morning that I hadn't meditated along the Meditation 101 course in a while, so I did one today.
I'm turning this "What is Existence?" blog post into more of an answer for the Force 101 Lesson 1 Homework which is why it is taking so long to complete. I might as well make it worth while!

UPDATE:
Evening Workout 60 min
  • Stretch and Warm Up 5 min
  • Circuit Machines 20 min (my wife wanted me to workout with her so I did her routine)
  • Stretch 5 min
  • Swim laps (freestyle 2.5 laps, back stroke 2 laps, butterfly .5 laps) 25 min
  • Cool Down and Stretch 5 min

*I am not in good swim shape. I need to swim more often.

--Mahatma Gandhi

Time to create page: 0.107 seconds