Journal of a Jedi Wannabe- by Taijibum

• Kol Drake
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com
  • Thank you received: 1919

Kol Drake replied the topic: Re: Journal of a Jedi Wannabe- by Taijibum

WOULD be pretty cool (for the geek in me) to see someone running down the street or along the wooded paths with a 'pack' on their back and some small green Yoda poking out of it.
:)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Taijibum
  • Taijibum's Avatar Topic Author
  • Jedi Wannabe
  • Thank you received: 81

Taijibum replied the topic: Re: Journal of a Jedi Wannabe- by Taijibum

Kol Drake wrote: WOULD be pretty cool (for the geek in me) to see someone running down the street or along the wooded paths with a 'pack' on their back and some small green Yoda poking out of it.
:)

OMG! I never thought of that! I wear a hydration pack on my long runs. I am going to get a stuffed Yoda doll to put in it! OMG, Thanks!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake

• Taijibum
  • Jedi Wannabe

I've been looking at the "First Earth Battalion Operations Manual" again. It was obviously inspired by the Kung Fu series and the Star Wars Jedi. I would love to edit and update the thing. I wonder if it is copyrighted. The artwork has been described as a combo of Star Trek meets the Joy of Sex and I would have to agree it is pretty dated. I cannot draw however so I might have to hire someone if I decide to update it. I would love to get Channon's permission to update it and to put it in a better format than it is.

Just some thoughts......

• Taijibum
  • Jedi Wannabe

I've also been looking at the Cloud of Unknowing and thinking of editing that. It has no copyright issues and is in the public domain. Perhaps I need to combine the two ideas with a sort of comic idea and produce something totally new but using established sources. It would also be something I could sell and make some money for college!

• Thank you received: 1888

Jax replied the topic: Re: Journal of a Jedi Wannabe- by Taijibum

Why not? :-)

• Kol Drake
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com
  • Thank you received: 1919

Kol Drake replied the topic: Re: Journal of a Jedi Wannabe- by Taijibum

Kind of reminds me of a book's artwork (and handwritten font) from 1973 -- "Nomadic Furniture" by James Hennessey and Victor Papanek. Might have been the 'style of the times' since "First Earth Battalion Operations Manual" came out sometime after Star Wars: A New Hope (1977).

• Thank you received: 56

Asta Sophi replied the topic: Re: Journal of a Jedi Wannabe- by Taijibum

I have both those books and love them! I think Channon is working on updating (or so he has been saying for YEARS) his First Earth Battalion. After "Men Who Stare At Goats" his cottage industry resumed, so I am guessing he is making some money off it yet.

I think a really practical Jedi (Realist - whatever you'd like to call it) manual of that sort - and with more, er, well, realistic ideas would sell and you can publish on Amazon for next to nothing!

I'd say go for it on your own - using and updating the ideas - and you have some good ones too! I am always surprised I do not see more out there to read!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Taijibum

• Taijibum
  • Jedi Wannabe

Ha! I got a stuffed Yoda for my running pack! I'll save him for my Ultras. I was thinking of a Jedi training guide with strategies for the new revolution that we see going on today. How to avoid detection by drones, video cameras, computer spying and other high tech spying along with general strategies to fight the new world order. We cant compete on the level or weapons and technology unless one is a hacker...... or a psychic/Jedi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Asta Sophi

• Thank you received: 56

Asta Sophi replied the topic: Re: Journal of a Jedi Wannabe- by Taijibum

I've been wondering, of late, of some of the more updated ideas as well. And also - some of the more practical and every day ones that Chanon really doesn't seem to approach in his work.

Right now, at least here in the US, we are facing what seems to be a continuing shift in our social/government place as North Americans. We see the social safety nets being "unthreaded", speculative practices in our fiscal groundwork becoming the norm with the merge of Government and Wall Street.

It's become quite a different world than the 1970's. It does remind me a bit, and here is where I like the SW 1-3, the problem with the Galactic Senate and who are the puppet masters today? Politicians or CEO's? Who and what is our military? In the 1970's the corporatizing of the US wasn't as entrenched. Or - so says I.... heh.

I do think an update is badly needed - good luck on that!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Taijibum

• Taijibum
  • Jedi Wannabe

I'm switching majors from Positive Psychology to Philosophy (metaphysics). I saw the life of a psychologist doing research and I would hate it. I like the big picture stuff and philosophy fits the bill. I don't want to teach however, I want to write and speak like I used to do with my tai chi and meditation seminars and workshops.

Time to create page: 0.110 seconds